D&D General Just Read: Azure Bonds. A Faerun novel from '88

It was very good, read it in high school. My best friend (and normal DM, for when I'm the player) loves pulling in elements from those books. Won't say who his recurring characters are (every campaign ties together in some fashion, even if different worlds) so as to avoid spoilers, but they do show up.

Yeah, but the viewer wouldn't even know it's happening at all unless you made a point of referring to it in the dialogue, which would be very clunky.
If I were tasked to represent it in live action; I'd do it somewhat like The Girl Who Could See Scents, a visual representation that the audience can see, but the other characters can not.

Speaking of a live action Azure Bonds, I think Natasha Lyonne would make a pretty good Alias.

GettyImages-1392420831.jpg

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Yes, the fate of the other Alias clones has always been a bit up in the air. We see a few in the other books (including one posthumous character, Jade the Thief), but there's still a few unaccounted for, like the Ninja teased in Azure Bonds.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Yes, the fate of the other Alias clones has always been a bit up in the air. We see a few in the other books (including one posthumous character, Jade the Thief), but there's still a few unaccounted for, like the Ninja teased in Azure Bonds.
I believe the "Ninja" one was a bluff by the big bad. Alias was all "If she's so great (and exists at all) you wouldn't be trying so hard to get me."

Andvari

Hero
Larry Elmore's "Silverwolf" manages to be an absolutely epic piece of fantasy art despite the character wearing perhaps the most ridiculous attire imaginable for both combat and the environment she is in.

Alias merely adopted the chainmail bikini. Silverwolf (if that's her name?) was born in it.

Silverwolf.jpg

Remove ads