• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Karathis setting?

johnsemlak

First Post
I've been wondering for a while whether this setting exists.

Its link at Fiery Dragon doesn't lead to anything. In the 'Which setting do you use" poll a while back, no one voted for it. I can't find products for it at the reviews site.

However, a really nice web enhancement was posted for it, somehing like 'Religions in Karathis" a few months ago. I have it on my hard drive.

Last edited:

Vince

First Post
Ah... Karathis.

Hey Johnsemlak,

Karathis is a world that exists in the dreams of some very busy people.

Started in the dungeons beneath NeMoren Manor, Karathis is the default setting for several Fiery Dragon adventures. It's sort of a "generic world" with lots of interesting history that you can take or leave to tie adventures together.

Adventures set in Karathis include: NeMoren's Vault, The Silver Summoning, To Stand on Hallowed Ground, Himrak War Party, Nature's Fury, and The Giant's Skull. Also, sort-of set there are Queen of Lies and Of Sound Mind...

We've also published some info in our Counter Collections and Counter Packs, including crunchy bits like Prestige Classes and stuff, plus the already mentioned Religions supplement.

Now, in the dreams of FDP, there would be a whole host of material available for you to download, but the ancient adversary rears his head... TIME! Not enough time!

So, stuff pops up on occasion, and more info will be forthcoming, but it'll be sporadic for the next few months.

In truth, FDP was a company that existed after 8:00 PM, when Jason and James were home after the work day, dinners were eaten, and time was spend in front of the computer. Now, of course, there are new babies, so FDP-time has become something of a rarity.

But, everyone still soldiers on. We've just sent our latest product, Counter Collection III: MODERN to the shrinkwrapper, and it'll be in stores in 2 weeks. Plus there are secret talks with Monte.... :)

Anyway, this is all rambling. Here's info about Karathis:

Encyclopaedia Karathis

- Vince

JoeGKushner

First Post
I used to use Karathis as my default setting but used Scarred Lands when I realized that more information wouldn't be coming out in a timely fashion. Scrollworks had some great bits on Karathis too including a PrC or two I believe.

Remove ads