• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[KAUAI]The Rod of Seven Parts: Of Hexes and Gems

Voadam

Legend
"The gem cracking on the Eastern Door did not cause it to open so I don't see any purpose in smashing this one. Maimed as it was the beast used more brute force than I think we can apply, even with a crowbar and hammers so I'm skeptical we can win through that route. Any ideas?"

Mista Collins

First Post
"If it comes down to it, I believe all of us together might be able to equal the brute strength of the crocodile. I have a means to increase the overall size and strength of one of us. It would be best put to use on Brakkus. He can try to smash the door while we all assist him. The enhancements would last for roughly three minutes. That should be enough time to bring down the door." With a pause Chev continues. "But if there is a more subtle way of doing it, I vote for that."

[sblock=ooc]Chev can cast Enlarge Person and Bull's Strength on Brakkus, bringing his Strength to a 22 (+6). If we all aid him successfully (DC 10 Strength check) we each (Chev, Voadam, Mael, Gamad) add +2 on top of the +6 already for a total of +14. Add in a possible +2 if we all are tugging on the crowbar, we might be able to do something here. We would have 30 rounds to have everything come together

But this is all if we can't find another means. I'd prefer so save those spells for latter use if need be.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
"Chev, be ready to heal me if need be." Voadam will give Chev a moment to get ready then touch the gem itself, seeing if physical contact reveals anything or provides more access to its powers.

Voadam touches the gem. Unlike its green counterpart that now lies broken and strewn along the water-logged floor in front of the eastern doors, the blue gem seems--to Voadam's eye--to be of substance and value. Fully some three inches across, the gem is faceted and has been polished to a gleaming luster. In the dim light brought forward by his glowing gold coin, Voadam makes out a flash of silver inside the gem. A star shape, done in either pearlescent white or silver, is hidden in the heart of the blue gemstone. Visible only upon close scrutiny, the inner heart of the sapphire glitters as a star might from the deep heavens. At Voadam's touch, nothing happens. The gemstone neither rattles, moves, nor does it thrum. Neither do the stone doors open.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Is it perhaps a password? I'm reminded of a children's rhyme
Starlight, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may
I wish I might
have this door open tonight.

I made up the last, but it seems to fit."

Gamad

Ugh…
The Badly injured dwarf moans from the back as he leans on the big croc's body.
The cracking …
He calls in pain.
Could be the earth … after the fire and the water has been activated.
Get out of there

Voadam

Legend
"Could be Brakkus, but if so it is probably in the same language as these glyphs, one I am not familiar with. Other than Chev's strength magic and mighty coordinated efforts from all of us, I wonder if these might part for the Rod. Gamad, if these were created to hold one portion of the Rod then another might open them up to us. What cracking? That was the gear grindings for the doorway, it is done and is safe for now."

At Brakkus's recitation of a well-known human children's rhyme, neither the doors nor the blue star sapphire offers a reaction. In the interim, however, Maelicent extracts two more of the crododile's teeth.

Mista Collins

First Post
"Voadam might have a very valid point. Maybe the first segment you found will be able to open these doors." Chev says as he obviously has no other suggestions other than the use of brute strength.

Voadam

Legend
"Gamad, we need to know if the beast swallowed the next section or if we need to press on. If the next section is being taken away we need to act fast." Voadam strides over to the moaning dwarf and draws his wand, again calling upon its healing magic to ease his hurts.

Remove ads