• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keen or not to keen and staggered initiative.

Except that even in your first example, there'd be an initiative heirarchy and in the second, not sure what'd be gained by moving forward and then moving back apart from burning calories - when you can have a readied action to trigger a "free" ranged attack. Beyond that, Charge sorta makes it superfluous, I would think.

Not sure what you mean by "this is a default state rather than delay" in reference to a delay, but if you meant to suggest that you're not dropping the initiative of players who take too long to decide what they are doing, and thus "move" down the initiative order, then I'd say it's a DM's call - but not something I'd do, given the number of things in Pathfinder that are triggered after full rounds. Of course, I don't think doing so is a huge issue in the grand scheme of things either.

If you set a readied action that is triggered whenever a character charges, then you can move back behind an obstacle perhaps leading the character and splitting the party. It's calculated and may or may not work but hey, any tactics are advanced tactics for most players imo.

Cheers,

enrious

Ah, I see where you were going with that and yeah, given the right circumstances, could be fun to pull off.

Of course, I wonder at the actual logistics of it, but if you can do it, I'd love to hear about it.

Ah, I see where you were going with that and yeah, given the right circumstances, could be fun to pull off.

Of course, I wonder at the actual logistics of it, but if you can do it, I'd love to hear about it.

Yeah could be fun, and that's such an appropriate use of the word. I like to practice different logistics-- next session I'm thinking of having a large crevasse of unknown depths with a few monsters hanging nearby to throw my players in ... I can hardly wait to see the Paladin's reaction ...

Cheers,

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads