• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keen question

Lord Pendragon

First Post
kreynolds said:
Would you let one of your players purchase or build a weapon of impact? Just curious.

Yes. I don't recognize MoF in my campaign (which is not set in Faerun in any case), because I think as a whole it destroys a lot of balance, but I'd have no problem with an individual PC creating a +1 Heavy Mace of Impact.

I suppose my last comment was misleading, in that it seems to be saying Weapon of Impact is overpowered, when I was merely making an off-hand comment on how I felt MoF as a whole is overpowered. :D

Brother Lazlo wrote:
Well, slashing weapons get vorpal, and all it would take to give a creature immunity to bludgeoning would be a pencil.

Point taken about vorpal weapons being slashing, though I don't quite understand your remark about the pencil. Are you talking about a DM using a pencil to create a creature immune to bludgeoning? Certainly, that is possible, though using Rule 0 as an argument about the rules is a bit counterproductive, don't you think? Or did you mean something else...?

kreynolds

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:
I don't recognize MoF in my campaign (which is not set in Faerun in any case)...

Uhm...it is based in Faerun. Take a look at the design of the cover, notice that it matches the design of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting? Blue covers are for DMs. Brown covers are for Players. Red covers are for monsters. The white covers are for the FRCS. Granted, Magic of Faerun is a supplement to the FRCS, and so is the Lords of Darkness. Never-the-less, the MoF is based in Faerun. You may not like parts of it, but that doesn't change a thing. :)

Yeah...I know...I'm a real stickler. :)

kreynolds

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
I believe the poster was refering to his campaign, not the MoF.

Aha...good point. Then technically, he doesn't recognize ANY supplement because they are all for the FRCS or Faerun. Unless of course this was just a selective banning of one particular supplement. Nice catch on that one, CR. :)

Lord Pendragon

First Post
CRGreathouse said:

I believe the poster was refering to his campaign, not the MoF.

Exactly. :p

I allow all the WoTC class books and the PsiHB. Would probably allow OA, but I've never gotten a chance to look through it and don't have any players interested in it anyway. I don't allow MoF or FRCS stuff as a general rule, though as my willingness to let in a Weapon of Impact shows, even that's a "soft ban" rather than a "hard ban."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads