• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Shadowfell character sheet scans

Ondo

First Post
Vaeron said:
Is it just me, or is the human wizard almost identical to the tiefling wizard? If wizards have so few spell options they're all going to be the same, that's a problem.
Both the wizards we've seen specialize in the wand - there's probably one or two other implements, each with their own sets of recommended powers.

Belphanior

First Post
Graf said:
these characters are a bit confusing.
Does the fighter getting a new crushing blow at 3rd mean that they can do 2 a day now?

I'll echo hong here:
Er, what?

Anyway, I suspect the half-elf has +2 Cha and +2 to any one ability score of their choice, while the human has simply +2 to any one ability score of his choice. In addition I think the half-elf has low light vision, extra language, some minor skill buffs just like everybody else, and the ability to take racial feats from both humans and elves. All in all not bad, though he could've used a daily power of some sort.

Ipissimus

First Post
Khuxan said:
Healing Lore is already incorporated into Erais's Healing Word.

Crud.

I am thinking that there will be some sort of multiclass in addition to all of that for the Half-Elf, I'd say a multiclass feat except that Tira doesn't have Arcana as a trained skill.

FireLance

Legend
Atlatl Jones said:
The Fighter's combat challenge and combat superiority have changed. That's quite a big last-minute rules change, and makes the fighter significantly less "sticky."
A thought just occured to me. What if fighters get different combat challenge and combat superiority abilities depending on whether they are sword-and-board or two-handed?

So sword-and-board fighters (like the D&D XP fighter) are "extra sticky" and can stop opponents whose movement provokes an opportunity attack. Two-handed fighters (like the KotS fighter) are "extra challenging" and can make a basic melee attack against an adjacent opponent who attacks anyone but the fighter (and not just one that shifts).

nerfherder

Explorer
iNSOMN14 said:
Ah-ha, I think I see the half-elf's advantage. Look at the Cleric's languages known. They gain two more known languages. Yeah, that TOTALLY balances them against the other races.
Maybe it costs a Feat to learn a language, in which case the Half-elf gets an extra Feat?

Staffan

Legend
Thattanguy said:
Im intrigued that Trapfinding is no longer, at least at lvls <4, a rouge only class feature. I guess if you spent the time training in how to find/work with traps of any sort (Thievery Skill) you can find and disable them. Paladin cc trapsmith ftw!
About time. The trapfinding "ability" was one of the stupidest rules in all of 3e.

N0Man

First Post
The_Fan said:
Cure X Wounds is now a utility power? Great! that means you don't have to punch a bystander to heal the wounded peasant (well, after first level at least).

LOL... as funny as that imagery is...

It does bring up an interesting question of whether there will be rules on whether non-important NPCs will have Healing Surges or values or not.

FireLance said:
A thought just occured to me. What if fighters get different combat challenge and combat superiority abilities depending on whether they are sword-and-board or two-handed?

So sword-and-board fighters (like the D&D XP fighter) are "extra sticky" and can stop opponents whose movement provokes an opportunity attack. Two-handed fighters (like the KotS fighter) are "extra challenging" and can make a basic melee attack against an adjacent opponent who attacks anyone but the fighter (and not just one that shifts).

I am hopeful this may be the case, that the DDXP and the KotS Fighters are the two different "breeds". Sadly, I'm not sure the evidence supports this any more than "they changed the Fighter challenge" theory.

Remove ads