• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Keep on the Shadowfell Wizard Pre-gen Will Defense

Chowder

First Post
Could someone explain how the KotS Wizard has a Will Defense of 15? He has a WIS/CHA maximum mod of +1, a human feat that gives him a +1, and he's a Wizard (for +2), so I think his Will Defense should be 14. What am I missing?

Thanks,
-Chowder

nckestrel

First Post
Humans get +1 to Will, Reflex and Fortitude (in addition to the character then taking the feat Human Perserverence for another +1 to each of those).

Chowder

First Post
The "feat" I referred to in the original post was the human inherent +1 bonus to FORT/REF/WILL. I don't think the pre-gen takes any other feats to give him a bonus to these defenses at level 1. The "human perseverence" feat gives him a bonus to saving throws, not defenses. So I think it should still be 14.

But since no one else is complaining about this, I must be wrong. What aspect of the Wizard pre-gen gives him a Will defense of 15? Can someone enumerate all the bonuses that add up to 15?

Thanks,
-Chowder

TimeOut

First Post
Hmm... 10 + 1 racial (Human) + 1 ability (Wisdom) + 2 (Wizard) = 14

No idea.

Edit:
Fortitude = 10 + 1 racial (Human) + 1 ability (Constitution) = 12 - ok
Reflex = 10 + 1 racial (Human) + 4 ability (Intelligence) = 15 - ok

Hm, still no idea.

Remove ads