Keeping the blade [OOC]

Kafkonia

First Post
You don't have access to the Planar Handbook, do you? I've always wanted to play a Neraphim, but nobody has the dang book!

Likewise the Fleshwarper PrC and Abberant feats from Lords of Madness...

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Can I still throw in?
I was thinking Whisper Gnome Ranger or Scout or Ninja 7/Dread Commando 5
I just can't decide how to start the character but i figured I would decide that when/if I got chosen. Going the close combat expert high dex and wis with int,con,cha,str

He grew up running with his father looking for traps and taking out bridges. Whether it was luck or skill he made it back alive from every mission not so for his father. This event turns him to a nature of quite and nomadic lifestyle. He paired with many military groups always detaching himself after the job was done. After one such mission he found out that he had cost many good people their lives. He has since moved to working for employers that he knows personally and knows what their intentions are. While working deep undercover watching an installation he found out by the point of a blade that there was someone better than him. So he trained with him becoming what they called a Dread Commando. He became even more hidden and started running around in thicker armor to prove his silence.

He stands tall for a Gnome, and is able to keep stride with the bigfolk. His long black hair is pulled back into a tight pony tail. He speaks slowly and thinks out every action to find what he believes to be the best solution.

Last edited:

Bloodweaver1

First Post
lonesoldier said:
Since Craft Reserve points to do not carry over you will only start with the appropriate number. It is assumed that any previous items created were consumed. You may create some items before beginning the game though.

Bloodweaver1: You may take Favoured in House (since it fits into your background) and the Noncombatant flaw.

Question refering to the craft reserves. During item creation/selection/crunch time, can the craft reserves from previous levels (i.e. 4,5,6,7..etc) be used when creating/selecting magical items of that level? (i.e creating a 4th level scroll using the 4th level craft reserve or making a Cloak of Charisma using 8th level craft reserves)

And thanks for approving the Feat selection. I appreciate it. Hopefully the concept gets approved.

-Blood

wmasters

First Post
lonesoldier said:
wmasters: It's an interesting character concept, I have nothing against it. Though I imagine some people will be a little worried by your presence/methods.

I hope so! It kind of emphasises the witch stories that I imagine about her, and the kids trying to scare each other with stories of what goes on in her house.

Shoel Sweeny

First Post
I've got a physical description and a little history on my character, more will be written as the mood strikes me.

Adoch the Silent, Appearence
[sblock]There are few things remarkable about the young assassin before you, despite all of the stories you’ve heard. Adoch the Voiceless kneels with a bent back at just over three feet, without the pressure chains you’d guess him at somewhere between five nine and six two. His skin, which might have at one time been a healthy tan, has paled and waned underneath the candlelight of his cell. Despite his bonds the cutthroats limbs are muscular and lithe, effective for his line of work.

As your gaze moves to Adoch’s head you see a top knot of sandy brown hair and a surprisingly unscarred face. His eyes, one of which has a brow singed off from the time of his capture, are cloudy blue and neither haughty nor ashamed, waiting patiently for whatever judgment is delivered. It is by the assassin’s nose, and mouth, and throat that you recognize him. An unwieldy brass gorget stretches from just beneath his eyes down all the way to his collar bone. His breath is raspy and magically augmented, while you imagine his voice must be monotone and hollow, emanating not from the mercenaries twice slit throat, but from the brutish gorget. You jerk Adoch to his feet and lead him into the warden’s room. You don’t recognize the man sitting at the desk, maybe it’s the family of one of Adoch’s victims, or some petty Tansarian high up looking for revenge on a business slight. With five hundred pieces of gold lining the coffers of your bed, you’re sure you’re not being paid for your ability to recognize the clientele. You chain the Voiceless to the floor and leave your unknown benefactor in peace.[/sblock]

Kafkonia

First Post
A brief blurb

Soren Doyle, Wizard 9/Argent Savant 3
"'Violence never solved anything?' You're just not hitting it hard enough!"

Soren knows that people think he should have been a warmage, but he just doesn't have the temperament for it. Sure, he enjoys blowing stuff up and likes to be in the thick of things -- but those uptight instructors at Tarth Moorda were just too narrowminded for him! He prefers the versatility he's picked up from studying with a variety of teachers... and the money that he's been able to make in the process.

When the war first started, he took it as a chance for some more excitement and profit. But when Tansar started pushing into his homeland, he saw that there was more at stake than a share of the loot -- and he volunteered his services to his kingdom's army to take part in the raid against the Tansar capital.

Soren prefers force spells -- indeed, he knows some so well he doesn't even need a spellbook to prepare them -- but he knows the value of flexibility, and that a well-placed glitterdust can sometimes make more of a difference than eight magic missiles.

Shayuri

First Post
Background:
Thessaly has little recollection of her life before she awakened in the chilly stone tower belonging to the Archmage Pharus. He told her that he'd saved her life with a one of a kind magical procedure, and that she'd need to train with him to master again the functions of her form. And while he was right about that, and about the strange magical powers she began to manifest, Thessaly came eventually to believe he was not truthful about saving her. Her suspicions were confirmed when she, with some patience, luck and using her new magical powers, was able to get a look at Pharus' journal. There she learned that she was no rescuee, but a subject in an ongoing experiment...an attempt to infuse a human being with the essence of magic, to create a new kind of being.

When confronted, Pharus admitted it, and didn't even seem terribly upset that she'd read his journal. In fact, he seemed to have been prepared for the moment. There had been, he told Thessaly, some problems with earlier subjects. They sometimes developed inexplicable delusions regarding their pasts, and became violent when confronted with evidence to the contrary. It had been decided not to share Thessaly's past with her, until it was certain she was not going down that road. Thessaly immediately pounced. Decided by WHO?

Out came documents, and a visit from one of the high generals of the Kysor army. Thessaly was a volunteer; a soldier in the Kysor military. Having served with distinction and multiple decorations, she had volunteered to undergo the experimental process in anticipation of a Kysorian counterstrike against the seemingly unstoppable forces of Tansar. The strike would be a departure from normal Kysorian strategy; a daring plan that could either turn the tide of war, or doom Kysor to invasion and occupation.

No armies, no monsters. Just a small team of operatives; the best of the best. They would enter Tansar like a dagger, slip between it's ribs, and pierce its very heart.

Unable to refute the story of her past, Thessaly still recognized that her old life, in most ways, was over. She had been remade. So she donned a mask that could disguise her, and re-christened herself as 'Sigil,' after the moving, changing runes in her skin. When offered a place on the team that she had given everything that she had been up for, Sigil agreed.

(full sheet is ready when you are)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Shauryi: Love the background! Could you give me an idea of "Sigil's" abilities (invocations and such); I'm trying to design Vin so he complements a strike team. Just an idea of what you plan on focusing on (movment and senses; blasting and sniping) would work.

Shayuri

First Post
Eee! Thanks! And sure thing.

Invocations
Least
- Beguiling Presence (+6 to Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate)
- Dark One's Luck (+5 luck bonus to any one save)
- See the Unseen (See Invis + Darkvision 60')
- Eldritch Spear (Blast range 250')

Lesser
- Charm (Charm Monster, Will DC 19, only 1 victim at a time)
- Fell Flight (fly speed = ground speed)
- Walk Unseen (Invisibility w/24 hr duration)
- Flee the Scene (55' dim door, leaves Major Image of caster)

Greater
- Devour Magic (+8 melee touch, +12 caster level)

In combat, Sigil's basically a "gunship." Primary tactic is to hover out of melee engagement range, and use long range blasts. She does 8d6 a shot (using an item that increases its power), and has Precise Shot so she can safely snipe into melee. Thrice a day she can Empower the blast.

Noncombat, Sigil is a sneak; using invisibility, flight, and short range teleports to get places she's not supposed to be, and to do so without attracting notice. Devour Magic is useful mainly for getting rid of negative effects on party members, or temporarily nullifying magic traps (spotted with her constant Detect Magic). Charm is what she uses if someone DOES notice her. It's quieter than killing.

Sigil also has very high Bluff (+22), Intimidate (+22), and Use Magic Device (+21), as well as a small arsenal of scrolls including Nondetection for when Invis REALLY needs to work. :) With her Mask of Disguise (same as a Hat) she can infiltrate with a Disguise of +21 (+23 when using Bluff to act).

Assuming no magic item use, she has no area attacks, and is a bit vulnerable to SR. Also, if her Flight is dispelled, she's got very few options for melee combat beyond getting OUT of it. Her AC is respectable...27 if she uses her wand of Shield. She also has the Communicator feat, for Arcane Mark, Message, and Comprehend Languages, each once per day.

Basically, Sigil is designed as a magical troubleshooter, with a spread of powers that give her a variety of options, rather than a tight focus. Future invocations will probably be used to increase her offensive options with things like Vitriolic Blast and Eldritch Chain or Cone.

Remove ads