Keeping the blade [OOC]

lonesoldier

First Post
Everyone remembers the war, it started as border conflict between the two great Empires Tansar and Kysor as both refused to step down and lose face. It was short, bloody and decisive. When Kysor saw themselves being pushed back into their own lands by the innovative Tansarian military they made a daring strike at the very heart of Tansar. A small team of elite soldiers infiltrated the Imperial palace at Anrevar...

This proved to be the turning point...

----

The game will start with the PCs entering the palace; their success (or failure) will change the future of the world. After the attack we will fast-forward five years, and the PCs will experience first-hand the effects of their choices.

Players have been chosen!

----

Starting level: 12
Ability Scores: 32 point buy.
Gold: 90,000 gp.
Hit Points: Max at 1st, average rounded-up at each subsequent level.
(d4 = 3, d6 = 4hp, d8 = 5hp, d10 = 6hp, d12 = 7hp)
Races: All non-PHB races must be approved by me. Some races don't even fit into the setting, but feel free to ask. No Eberron races.
Setting: Custom/Homebrew (Tone: Generic fantasy)
Allowed sources: PHB; DMG; MM; Complete Adv, Arc, Div, War; Heroes of Battle; SRD Psionics;
On a case-by-case basis: Draconomicon, UA variant classes, races, traits and flaws.

Special Note:
The Artificer base class from Eberron is allowed and feats (except for Dragonmark/House/Action Point-related ones) can be drawn from the Eberron Campaign Setting, Explorer's Handbook, Five Nations and Sharn: The City of Towers.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Interesting...10,000 gold at level 12? Is this a specifically low-magic or low-funds campaign?

Bearing in mind that such isn't a -bad- thing. I just want some clarification, as the availability of items can have impact on which concepts will work, and which will have more problems. :)

lonesoldier

First Post
*hits self on head with DMG*

I knew I forgot something, thank you for bringing that to my attention.

*edits*

----

I'm working on getting my scanner working so I can show everyone what the continent looks like. Stupid peripherals.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
I'd love to try a high level Warlock...especially for a mission involving sneakery and combat, both of which they're well suited to...

I shall post a character here anon!

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm going for a Human Hexblade Archer. Will also be posting him in a little bit.

Is this supposed to be sneaky? Should I make my character a little more stealthy? Sounds like the infiltration thing probably could be, but is the rest of the campaign gonna be like that?

Last edited:

wmasters

First Post
Sounds interesting, I've got a couple of first thoughts which I'll flesh out a little and see which I like. Are there any alignment restrictions or restrictions on PrC's?

Also, for spells from the Complete series etc. are you using the spells in these, or the versions and spells in the Spell Compendium?

Do you want a complete character sheet at the moment, or just concept/background?

OK, I think I'm out of questions for the minute!

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Someone always gets the warlock concept in before I do. ;)

I have an idea of a sneaky special ops type (rogue/fighter combo or rogue/psi-warrior combo if I can fine an appropriate PrC; something along those lines). Won't be able to have a sheet up until Weds at the earliest. So here is a sketch now:

Concept

Vin's family was never very respected; Tansarian expats living near the Tansar/Kysor border were never treated well. But Vin's father hated what was becoming of his country, and his wife's family was Kysorian. Being once a member of the Tansarian militia, Vin's father was able to give his new homeland some useful information---until the day he was killed in an "accident" with his mount.

Vin grew to dispise his former kinsmen, assuming they were responsible for his father's death. He was trained in the secret operation force for the country, the ones that would take him deep into Tansar and strike at them the hardest. And when the Palace job came, he was more than prepared...

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Just wanted to double check that psionics is okay (seems so in the post); currently thinking a soulknife might work with the concept.

Remove ads