D&D 5E Keith Baker: Exploring Eberron

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in July on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in July on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

1574272975183.png

Keith sent Sly Flourish a PDF copy of the book, which Sly flipped through

Also, check out the KB Presents Twitter for past previews

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I think "Dirge Singer" is more of a ceremonial title for the bards who guided the goblinoid empire rather than a class based around funerary rites.
The names might cause confusion but I'm guessing they will have quite different focuses.
Huh. That would make it very different from it's 3.5e namesake (from Libris Mortis).

Weiley31

Legend
You say that as if you think it's improbable... :whistle:
Oh I know it's not. I'm actually stoked that the Dirge Singer for 5E is gonna be appearing in one of my most anticipated DND book wants.

Now to completely reskin Long Swords/Shields, weapons and great swords as musical instruments.

Hmmm, reskinning Psychic damage as "Dream" damage sounds like a flipping wonderful idea!

Weiley31

Legend
I think "Dirge Singer" is more of a ceremonial title for the bards who guided the goblinoid empire rather than a class based around funerary rites.
The names might cause confusion but I'm guessing they will have quite different focuses.
Hmmm.

Five bucks says I'm gonna be bat hits crazy and play it as the Liberia Mortis version.

Teemu

Hero
New-ish preview, looks like they're teasing the crunch before they send it to POD

The wording on some of them is non-standard for 5e. "Requires use by a warforged." That should be, "requires attunement by a warforged." The syntax of the Battle Rod description sounds off. "So a fire bolt cast using a battle rod..."

It's the little things.

MarkB

Legend
Very long article that is not an ExE preview

My personal headcanon is that the moons of Eberron are world-dragon eggs, spawned by one (or two, or all three) of the progenitor dragons. When the thirteenth moon disappeared from the sky, it wasn't destroyed - it hatched, and somewhere out in Eberron's cosmos there is a new cosmic dragon. Sypheros, likewise, has developed a jagged crack across its face because it is in the process of hatching - though that process may take centuries to complete.

Remove ads

Remove ads