D&D 5E Keith Baker: Exploring Eberron

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in July on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

1574272975183.png

Keith sent Sly Flourish a PDF copy of the book, which Sly flipped through

Also, check out the KB Presents Twitter for past previews

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Looks like Soul Knife kind of stuff to me. But that would require... psionics to be fully in place!

I modeled a Soul Knife NPC after the Way of the Open Hand Monk with a little Four Elements thrown in and it worked surprisingly well. My bet would be a Monk subclass (recall that the original Soul Knife did not actually have psionic powers the way other 3.X psionic classes did)

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
That is one highly armored Monk for sure.

Also the party is in the higher levels if the Artificer is revivifying the Barbarian constantly. Wonder if that's an indication of tiers of content in the book.

ChaosOS

Legend
Some quotes from the Discord earlier today when Keith dropped by.
Keith Baker said:
As someone guessed, Gentle is a kalashtar orphan. Her kalashtar spirit is Alashtai.

The story has evolved somewhat with the image. As shown, I would say that they have passed through the portal into Dal Quor. And yes, that's a very unusual thing to find, as it's difficult to reach Dal Quor. I'll add the tease that the portal is an Aereni artifact. Because if anyone could force such a connection, it could be the nation with divine power at its disposal...

The characters are a party of adventurers brought together by Gentle (and Alashtai). I like all of them. I have a soft spot for Rusty because I like the new dwarf story, but I also like Dela and Rev.

Ban's facemask is supposed to be a Khesh'dar thing, yes.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
The purple-metal crown thing all the Kalashtar and Riedran Inspired seem to wear

I've noticed that on the Inspired, but not the Kalasthar necessarily (there are several iconic Kalasthar images that lack it); I guess I just always assumed they were psicrowns

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
A single metal pauldron? Everything else looks like a robe and some form-fitting leggings
Outside of the pauldron, which is a huge amount of armor for a Monk to begin with, the rest of it looks like the leather armor from the 4e phb. Just take a look:

4ephbarmor.jpg

Just add a low cut shawl and you have stolen her look.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases