D&D 5E Keith Baker: Exploring Eberron

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in July on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

1574272975183.png

Keith sent Sly Flourish a PDF copy of the book, which Sly flipped through

Also, check out the KB Presents Twitter for past previews

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
Looks like there will be a few backgrounds? Also the producer & editor had mentioned there were some chapter name & content reshuffles over the past few months so this confirms Chapter 6 is Character Options (I think character content was divvied up between chapters in the outline)

I can't wait to get this.

Vael

Legend
New Keith Blog!

Also reiterating for those who might've missed it but the book is projected to release next month, barring issues with the POD process

Well, that might have been one of my favourite articles, I'm super stoked for Exploring Eberron, that's a day 1 purchase, since I missed the kickstarter.

Aldarc

Legend
Man, that's a really good preview. That explains some of the issues I had understanding Galifar and its succession practices; it was inherently unstable having Cyre as the center of the succession, but the development of Cyre was, at heart, a utopian project. It wasn't pragmatic, but since every monarch was already Cyran at heart, it held up for a long, long time.
It also does help. I've many players who wanted to play a Cyran, and this does a good job of exploring their psyche. It's also pretty clear to see how and why House Cannith in many ways also embody Cyre. They were the House headquartered in Cyre and largely are about building through helping hands by taking a bit from what the other houses are doing.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I found it while on Sageadvice, not Facebook.

More to the point, I’m not on Facebook. Never have been. Never will be.
Oh, that's fine. What I meant is that the source isn't Sageadvice. That would be like posting a link to a Screenrant article talking about an official D&D news release on twitter… I don't like FB anymore than you, but it was the primary source. Good reporting means posting primary sources.

ChaosOS

Legend
Well, that might have been one of my favourite articles, I'm super stoked for Exploring Eberron, that's a day 1 purchase, since I missed the kickstarter.

There wasn't a kickstarter, the rules about dmsguild publications make kickstarters difficult to run (you can't give out the book as a reward)

Oh, that's fine. What I meant is that the source isn't Sageadvice. That would be like posting a link to a Screenrant article talking about an official D&D news release on twitter… I don't like FB anymore than you, but it was the primary source. Good reporting means posting primary sources.

All the previews are cross-posted to the Twitter and Facebook account for people who are only on one of them (eg I don't use Facebook). But yes, the @inmyeberron accounts are the primary source rather than sage advice.

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
There wasn't a kickstarter, the rules about dmsguild publications make kickstarters difficult to run (you can't give out the book as a reward)
Ah thank goodness; I thought I had missed it somehow. I've been watching Exploring Eberron since it was announced, so I was really confused. I spent like a hour digging through the interwebs this morning looking for this supposed kickstarter, or similar such crowdfunding websites, and found nothing.

All the previews are cross-posted to the Twitter and Facebook account for people who are only on one of them (eg I don't use Facebook). But yes, the @inmyeberron accounts are the primary source rather than sage advice.
I didn't realise that same share was on twitter, as Sageadvice only linked to the FB posting (hence why I mentioned it in the first place).

Marandahir

Crown-Forester (he/him)
I'm literally on the edge of my seat. I couldn't remember what Malenti were when I saw that recent preview, so I did a google search and ended up reading the Sahuagin Empire stuff from 2015 that Keith posted on his blog. I can definitely see the inklings of what became his Thunder Sea chapter musings more recently, and am super excited for this Sahuagin-disguised-as-Sea-Elf Player Race!!!!

Not to mention additional options for Changelings and Goblinoids. I wonder if the Dhakaani Goblinoids will be presented similarly to how Rising From the Last War presented Aereni and Valenar elves - rather than whole new subraces, featuring cultural substitution features you can take instead of a standard feature. While VGM and GGR didn't suggest as much, both E:RLW and EGW suggest that Goblinoid is the race and Bugbear, Goblin, and Hobgoblin are subraces…

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases