D&D 5E Keith Baker: Exploring Eberron

Eberron creator Keith Baker has been busy recently! He has unveiled the cover to his new book, to be released in July on DMs Guild in PDF and Print on Demand hardcover. It will dive into parts of Eberron that have received little attention in prior books, including the undersea civilizations and the planes.

1574272975183.png

Keith sent Sly Flourish a PDF copy of the book, which Sly flipped through

Also, check out the KB Presents Twitter for past previews

Last edited:

ChaosOS

Legend
Keith's been busy with some family stuff and there hasn't been any more ExE news/previews, but he did did publish a very interesting iFAQ about Lycanthropy today

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Has Baator been mentioned as part of the Eberron cosmology in any of the previous Eberron books? That was my initial take, but I'd be much more excited if they expanded upon Khyber as a sort of "extraplanar" space.

Also interesting that we don't know anything about Chapter 3 yet. Also they withheld the title of Chapter 5, despite presumably just being some version of "Player Options".

ChaosOS

Legend
Has Baator been mentioned as part of the Eberron cosmology in any of the previous Eberron books? That was my initial take, but I'd be much more excited if they expanded upon Khyber as a sort of "extraplanar" space.

Also interesting that we don't know anything about Chapter 3 yet. Also they withheld the title of Chapter 5, despite presumably just being some version of "Player Options".

Baator was a much maligned piece of the 4e cosmology that Keith recently commented his dislike for

Keith Baker on Discord said:
It was certainly an attempt to polish a turd, but I do think it has some interesting story potential. But I never USED it.

From the discord, we know the chapters are
  1. Discover
  2. Races
  3. Faiths
  4. Uncharted Domains
  5. Planes
  6. Character Options
  7. Treasures
  8. Friends and Foes
You can see almost all of this in the composite TOC preview I posted above.

ChaosOS

Legend
Lots of Riedra/Sarlona content this week it looks like - this today, then I'm guessing Wednesday and Friday for the two part mega-article on Riedra/Sarlona in 5e.

ChaosOS

Legend
Mondo Riedra article

Interesting Snippet said:
We decided from the start that humans weren’t native to Khorvaire; that while they are the dominant species on Khorvaire, they are colonizers and on a fundamental level they are on the wrong side of history.

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases