• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kenku Swashbuckler

mmu1

First Post
A friend of mine is running a Kenku swashbuckler in a game we play in, and he's been using the Kenku Sneak from the collectible miniature set to represent him. I decided to muck around with minis again after a long break, and converted the Sneak mini to look more like a swashbuckler...

I'm pretty happy with it - the cloak and the hat were a $%@&! to sculpt, and as much as I hate the paint job, I can blame that one mostly on the terrible state my paints were in. ;) (haven't used them in years, and the few pots that didn't dry up turned really glossy)

Domingo003.jpg

Domingo002.jpg

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
Awesome - I always loved kenku! In college, a buddy and I played a pair of kenku in another friend's campaign. I was Heckle, he was Jeckle. :)

Heckle-and-Jeckle_14564563.jpg

Gospog

First Post
That is solid conversion work, great job!

If you spray the mini with some dull-cote now, it will not only protect your fine work, but also take the shine off.

(I use dull-cote made by Testors or GW/Citadel).

Again, nice work!

-Tom

mmu1

First Post
Thanks.

I was planning to shop for new paints anyway, I'll take a look at the dull-cote stuff when I do.

I brought it to the game last week, and the guys were joking about the fact that I'd finished it while my own mini was still unpainted. I said it was because getting a brand new customized mini meant a death sentence, so I was playing it safe. The kenku came within 3 hp of death, my character died outright. :)

Remove ads