Kenzer & Co. Giving Away A Copy Of The New HackMaster Player's Handbook

Falstaff

First Post
If you follow Kenzer and Co. on Twitter ([MENTION=24531]Ken[/MENTION]zerco) and you re-tweet their tweet about the free giveaway, you're entered into a drawing for a free copy of the HackMaster Player's Handbook. Pretty cool offer. The contest ends this Sunday.

Edit: That's a PDF copy!

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
Unfortunately I only follow them on Facebook. Too bad, because about the only way I am going to be convinced to buy the book is I am going to need to see it. Since no one else anywhere near me is the slightest bit interested in HM I guess I am just going to have to wait for a convention where someone is running it, a rare thing so far.

Falstaff

First Post
Unfortunately I only follow them on Facebook. Too bad, because about the only way I am going to be convinced to buy the book is I am going to need to see it. Since no one else anywhere near me is the slightest bit interested in HM I guess I am just going to have to wait for a convention where someone is running it, a rare thing so far.

Twitter is free and might take a few minutes to create an account. Seems it would be worth it if you might win a $40 pdf book for free. Just sayin'.

Falstaff

First Post
They're selling the .pdf for $40? That's mighty costly.

Maybe. In my opinion I think it is worth it. It is a beautiful book and well bookmarked for easy navigation. And the game itself is well worth the money. It is such an awesome game!! (in my opinion, of course).

I also gather that the PDF is priced so that it doesn't keep folks from purchasing the print edition, but that's just my guess.

Treebore

First Post
Maybe. In my opinion I think it is worth it. It is a beautiful book and well bookmarked for easy navigation. And the game itself is well worth the money. It is such an awesome game!! (in my opinion, of course).

I also gather that the PDF is priced so that it doesn't keep folks from purchasing the print edition, but that's just my guess.

Isn't the print book $60? If so not too bad a price, but I'd be far more likely to buy the PDF at $30. Then if I find out I like the full game after all I will still buy the HC. Keep the PDF price too high and I won't buy the HC because the combined investment is simply too high. Even at $30 I wouldn't turn around and buy the print until I found it on discount somewhere. Which is not terribly likely.

They need to start thinking of PDF's as a gateway drug, not an obstacle to print sales.

Falstaff

First Post
Isn't the print book $60? If so not too bad a price, but I'd be far more likely to buy the PDF at $30. Then if I find out I like the full game after all I will still buy the HC. Keep the PDF price too high and I won't buy the HC because the combined investment is simply too high. Even at $30 I wouldn't turn around and buy the print until I found it on discount somewhere. Which is not terribly likely.

They need to start thinking of PDF's as a gateway drug, not an obstacle to print sales.

Sorry, not interested in debating PDF prices. I just wanted to share with EnWorld that Kenzer is running this drawing in case anyone was interested.

Cheers!

Treebore

First Post
Sorry, not interested in debating PDF prices. I just wanted to share with EnWorld that Kenzer is running this drawing in case anyone was interested.

Cheers!

Its not really a debate, its how I think about it, no one is required to agree or disagree. Kenzer has shown some signs of caring, because they have shocked me with some PDF decisions they have made in the last year or so. So I remain hopeful that one day they will get close enough to doing things the way I like that I can jump on board and buy things.

Heck, I was very pleasantly stunned with the price they put the Aces and Eights PDF up for, when they finally did put it up.

So I can wait, they need my patronage far more than I need their games. Which is true about any RPG company. I don't NEED any games, I have to want them, and affordability is the key determining factor for me giving an RPG a try. If they want me to buy super expensive high quality print products they should give me a cheap PDF route with which to test the waters. Until then, not happening.

Again, for me. Nothing anyone else is required to agree or disagree with. Just how I go about making my gaming purchase decisions.

Plus there is that small chance I will get a chance to look at and play it at a convention I am able to make. Like I am planning on making the North Texas RPG convention, maybe someone there will run a game, or have the book for me to check out. I know Kenzer provided swag for the silent auction. So possible.

Remove ads