• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kevin Smith (Ares from Xena) dead

Ranger REG

Explorer
My sincerest condolences to Kevin Smith's family and friends. First seen him on Sorbo's Hercules and later on Xena, his Ares character is one that people love to hate.

Of course in that mirror universe where the role of deities were reversed, he was very comedic when he portrayed the God of Love.

There is no better actor to portray the main antagonist for both Hercules and Xena. He would have made an impact in the US mainstream, if not through the aforementioned TV series.

He will be missed.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
There are fans of the Hercules/Xena show on this site who would probably be interested in this news.

There are people who've worked with Kevin Smith on this site who are interested in the news.

He was definitely a great guy :(

-Hyp.

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
Just want to add that this news is absolutely horrible.
My wife and I are fairly depressed by this, and grew to be very impressed by Kevin Smith's acting over the years.

My wonder is: WHY would a professional actor with a family be climbing with NO safety ropes or hanress or anything??!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Berandor said:
So he acted in
Hercules
Young Hercules
Xena (starring Lucy Lawless)

and
Lawless?

Anybody notice a pttern here?
Besides the fact that he lives in New Zealand? I'm surprised Peter Jackson did not hire him for any role, however little, in LOTR.

Ashtal

Vengeance Bunny
GAAAAAAAAAAH!!

He's dead??? He was my absolute favorite from the show and I had so hoped he'd make the break into Hollywood... His poor wife and kids...

Thanks for posting. :(

CWD

First Post
Psionicist said:
Too bad.

I don't know that guy. I don't even know who he is. People die every day - every minute. Why oh why does they only mention "celebrities" in the news? On the websites? In the radio? Are they important? Of course they are! Are they better than everyone else - no way! They are no better humans than you, me or that poor kid who died in some exotic fever far far away. Why aren't he in the news? Are this Kevin dude better and more worthy sa a human than this particular kid?

No way.

Well, that's what the obituaries page is for. You can read about dozens and dozens of deaths every day. No, not everyone gets an article, but you can believe somebody thought that person was important.

CWD

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads