D&D 5E Keys from the Golden Vault

darjr

I crit!
Strange. For a book supposedly out in February, as a retailer, we haven't been offered it for preorder yet. There's some accessories showing at my distributor, but no book. Seems odd to me.

Also: Why is it Keys FROM the Golden Vault? I couldn't find it at first because I typed "TO". Keys TO the Golden Vault seems more apt to me.
Accessories? Any info you can share?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Accessories? Any info you can share?
Sure, but it's not that exciting (IMO).

All that shows up when I search for "Golden Vault" are three things from Ultra Pro (for D&D):

A Character Folio:
Organize and store your notes, character sheets, and spell cards in a Character Folio for Dungeons & Dragons! Each folio features a vibrant full-art cover and internal pockets, including 10 single-pocket pages for character sheets and notes, and two 9-pocket pages for standard size spell cards. Character Folios now include a sticker sheet to help keep your adventures organized!

Stickers included on sticker sheet:
  • 1 D&D Logo Sticker
  • 13 Large Class Stickers
  • 26 Small Class Stickers
  • 12 Spell Card Reminder Stickers
  • 8 Fold Over Tab Stickers
  • 2 Binding Edge Stickers
  • Officially licensed Character Folio for Dungeons & Dragons Keys from the Golden Vault
  • Features exclusive artwork
  • Includes 10 single-pocket pages for character sheets and notes, and two 9-pocket pages for standard size spell cards
  • Includes inner cover pockets for additional storage and a sticker sheet to help keep your adventures organized
  • New Character Folios will be released with future Cover Series updates!

A Playmat:
Playmats featuring popular Dungeons & Dragons artwork. Made with a soft fabric top to reduce damage to cards during play and a non-slip rubber backing to keep the playmat from shifting during use, playmats enhance the gameplay experience. With dimensions of approximately 24 in. x 13.5 in., a playmat also makes an excellent oversize mousepad for home or office.
  • Officially licensed Playmat for Dungeons & Dragons Keys from the Golden Vault
  • Measures approximately 24 in. x 13.5 in. and lies flat
  • Soft fabric top helps protect cards during gameplay
  • Non-slip rubber backing keeps the playmat from shifting during use

...And A Wall Scroll:
  • Officially licensed Wall Scroll for Dungeons & Dragons Keys from the Golden Vault
  • Dimensions are approximately 26.8 in. x 37.4 in.
  • Easy to assemble collapsible rod
  • Perfect for decorating home, office, or play space!

(No artwork shown)

Stormonu

Legend
I guess you could change the items being taken from treasures to information to make a spy serial. I'd be down for more James Bond/Mission Impossible and less Ocean's Eleven/Fast and the Furious, myself.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Strange. For a book supposedly out in February, as a retailer, we haven't been offered it for preorder yet. There's some accessories showing at my distributor, but no book. Seems odd to me.
I wonder if the changes in leadership at WotC and especially at D&D might have affected the schedule.

Per the Amazon website for this upcoming product in February 2023: Keys From the Golden Vault is a Dungeons & Dragons adventure anthology with a heist at the center of every tale.

This is all that is known for this book at this time.
I'm still skeptical from Dragon Heist that WotC actually know what a heist is.

I guess we shall find out.
Also: Why is it Keys FROM the Golden Vault? I couldn't find it at first because I typed "TO". Keys TO the Golden Vault seems more apt to me.
That is a good point.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
What if the Golden Vault is the metaphorical place where leads on heists are stored? Then the thieves guild, or whatever (I don't know me nothing about no Neverwinter), would be giving out keys from the vault to those they tap to do a heist.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I wonder if the changes in leadership at WotC and especially at D&D might have affected the schedule.
Supply chain issues seem like a much more likely culprit.

That said, if WotC is going to hype this in December, they really have the first half of next week to do it, if they want to have a shot at getting everyone's attention before early January.

Remove ads