Kickstarter dumpster fire?

Making fun of someone for something that is not under their own control is cruel. Being willfully cruel is... not generally considered morally upstanding in most of the cultures on the planet today.

Making fun of someone for saying something boneheaded may be acceptable. Making fun of that same person for having a neurological condition that gives them tremors and make them stagger when they walk is not acceptable.

The person may not be inviolate overall, but there are manners of mockery that are wrong.
I disagree. If you declare that it shall be avoided in all instances in the capacity of a mod thats one thing (it would be impossible for ANYONE to follow and uphold, but thats not my point. The attempt to follow would be made) but i dont care about your moral judgement if a moral judgement is what you are offering here. If its a rules of the board sort of thing then i care. But as to your personal opinion, its a dumb one. And im making fun of it. Of course i would joke about a cripple or whatever example you could possibly think of. Yes. I would joke about ANYONE. I think this question of yours while not stated is implicit. Im therefore not shying away from answering it with full honesty. I joke about things i personally find to be reprehensible or pitiful just as i would anything else. That is generally not considered "wrong" outside your bubble. It is a bubble. You will find the majority of people actually are in the "jokes cant be morally wrong" camp. They are "amoral". That said, someone could PRETEND to be joking and really be using that as a shield to be a dick. But 1 that is a tiny dick move so the joke is on them and 2 you cant prove it so ignore it. Unless its a rule thing in which case everything that i said is null. Have a nice day and dont forget to say your daily alotment of racial slurs. Its proven to be a stress reliever and healthy for the brain. You seem to stress a lot.

Last edited:

GreatestPaladin

First Post
Lol. Yeah I mean ideas are really only as good as the people that run them. Pretty hilarious story. I personally prefer betting on the person over the idea almost any day of the week.

Making fun of someone for something that is not under their own control is cruel. Being willfully cruel is... not generally considered morally upstanding in most of the cultures on the planet today.

Making fun of someone for saying something boneheaded may be acceptable. Making fun of that same person for having a neurological condition that gives them tremors and make them stagger when they walk is not acceptable.

The person may not be inviolate overall, but there are manners of mockery that are wrong.

It's funny because it's true.

Remove ads