Kickstarter for Deadlands The Weird West Funded

Shane Hensley's seminal masterpiece of the Weird West is back and ready for Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE). Fully funded already, a royal flush!

Shane Hensley's seminal masterpiece of the Weird West is back and ready for Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE). Fully funded already, a royal flush!

Here's the description:

Deadlands is the long-awaited return to Pinnacle's oldest and most popular setting. First published in 1996, the original "Deadlands Classic" system won countless awards and its bold, bright orange books are still a striking and valuable addition to gaming shelves the world over.

Now that the tales of the Servitors have been told in their individual Plot Point Campaigns, Deadlands is returning to its roots with more local yarns of dread, terror, and violent action. The new edition and supplements to follow turn their baleful eyes from the world-shaking events of the Reckoning to isolated frontier towns or sinister machinations in the few larger settlements. The Twilight Legion must root out the evil that lurks in all-too-human souls, the lonesome hills nearby, or the dark woods at the edge of town.

To showcase the return to more personal tales of horror and adventure, we've created the Horror at Headstone Hill campaign set!

The campaign features a single county in Wyoming and the terrors that lurk in a booming mining town and environs. Your heroes roam about the map, interacting with the locals, solving mysteries, fighting abominations, and—with luck and a steady shootin' iron—eventually lower the "Fear Level." That's how you defeat the Reckoners' terrorforming, amigos, and Horror at Headstone Hill showcases it front and center.

Kickstarter_Deadlands_Weird_West.jpg

Reynard

Legend
Deadlands is great. Savage Worlds is great. Shane is great.

But dammit I hate it when companies low ball their goals so they can say "funded in 10 minutes" or whatever.

Also, I prefer Hell on Earth and am looking forward to an eventual update for that game.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I'm not interested enough in the game to support the Kickstarter, but I am interested in the adventure. I took a tour through Wyoming a few years ago (Yellowstone National Park FTW!); I am curious to see which city & environs they used and what they did with it.

Remove ads

Remove ads