• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kickstarter [Kickstarter] Secrets of the Lost Tomb: Lovecraftian Pulp Horror Crawl :D

Cherno

Explorer
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/everythingepicgames/secrets-of-the-lost-tomb

bfc399e672f16655956ff995872fd6dc_large.jpg

We at Everything Epic Games bring you a new Action Adventure board game set in the 1930’s Pulp Era. Secrets of the Lost Tomb incorporates similar mechanics to games like Arkham Horror, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and Mice and Mystics with thematic inspirations from the worlds of H.P. Lovecraft, The Da Vinci Code, Pirates of the Caribbean, and of course Indiana Jones!

How Does The Game Play?

Secrets of the Lost Tomb is a fully cooperative, Tomb Diving adventure game! That means that all of the players join together to strategize against the board game’s “A.I.” (Artificial Intelligence) venturing into the Lost Tomb to complete special Objectives in different “Script Scenarios” facing Unique Epic Boss Monsters in each different Adventure! You might be fending off the forces of the King of the Forsaken, a Lion-Man damned by the Ancient Greek Gods to forever be part beast! Or perhaps you must find the magical incantation to reincarnate the Colossus of the Land to stop the Nazi’s from using the Kraken of the Sea to dominate the Second World War!

So I guess it's a game of dungeon exploration set in a crossover world of 1930's pulp adventures and Lovecraftian Horror (along with some other more general horror aspects thrown in).

No miniatures as far as I can see, but can you really go wrong with this kind of setting and cooperative gameplay? :)

Remove ads