• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kill Bill

reapersaurus

Explorer
Dr Midnight said:
I had no clue it would be THAT BAD. We're talking CONGO bad, for those who haven't seen it.
Sagan beat me to the line. :)

Yeah, The Musketeer probably had some of the worst plot holes I've ever seen.

Blissfully, I've forgotten most of them, but I do remember that the omniscient bad guys teleported, just to be extra-menacing and Eeeeevil.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
And what's really kewl, the old chinese sensai character we see standing and jumping on UT's sword.

That's QT himself in makeup. So kewl!

QT is one of those rare directors that make movies to entertain himself.
He's just having fun, you can see it shining through every scene.

Last edited:

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
mastermind said:
And what's really kewl, the old chinese sensai character we see standing and jumping on UT's sword.

That's QT himself in makeup. So kewl!

QT is one of those rare directors that make movies to entertain himself.
He's just having fun, you can see it shining through every scene.

That's NOT QT in the Pai Mei outfit. The actor/martial artist in question is a man named Gordon Lui who starred in a bunch of Shaw brothers movies in the late 70's and early 80's. Most notably MASTER KILLER and FISTS OF THE WHITE LOTUS, where over he opening credits he and his partner kill the character that he's playing in KILL BILL.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
ShinHakkaider said:
That's NOT QT in the Pai Mei outfit. The actor/martial artist in question is a man named Gordon Lui who starred in a bunch of Shaw brothers movies in the late 70's and early 80's. Most notably MASTER KILLER and FISTS OF THE WHITE LOTUS, where over he opening credits he and his partner kill the character that he's playing in KILL BILL.
Uh... ok.

Anyhooey, QT plays the main sensei character in the film himself, I just assumed that was he.

My mistake.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
mastermind said:
Uh... ok.

Anyhooey, QT plays the main sensei character in the film himself, I just assumed that was he.

My mistake.

I've heard that it was the original plan to have QT play the part, but he decided against it.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
mastermind said:
Uh... ok.

My mistake.

Yes as the person above me pointed out, It was his original intention to play Pai Mei (the sifu who teaches the bride Kung Fu) but he eventually decided vs. it as he didnt want to divide himself further having to practice the wirework for the part, the fight cheoreography, makeup, as well as writing and directing.

I think that it was a good call on his part as the got probably the second best guy to play the part of Pai Mei, since Lo Lieh who played him in EXECUTIONERS OF DEATH died either last year or the year before.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads