D&D General Kindle Edition of Tasha's?

Dire Bare

Legend
I was on Amazon, looking to preorder Bigby Presents when I came across a Kindle Edition of Tasha's. This doesn't seem legit. Anyone know what gives?
That's weird.

The info text for the product entry makes it seem legit, it's tied to the real hardcover version, but . . . . none of the other D&D books have Kindle versions (I think). And if you click on the "Read Sample" button . . . it's page images cut in half and sideways.

I don't think it's some third party trying to scam on WotC's books, but rather some sort of weird mistake on Amazon's part.

Alby87

Adventurer
That's weird.

The info text for the product entry makes it seem legit, it's tied to the real hardcover version, but . . . . none of the other D&D books have Kindle versions (I think). And if you click on the "Read Sample" button . . . it's page images cut in half and sideways.

I don't think it's some third party trying to scam on WotC's books, but rather some sort of weird mistake on Amazon's part.
Error or not, it's not just the cover, there is also the first internal page. So Amazon have the Tasha files in a format that's viewable, it's not a programming error that uses only the cover. Maybe this was something tested before the Beyond acquisition, that was shelved after WotC got Beyond?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I am fairly certain it is not legit.

First, the author is listed as "Dungeons Dragons" with no ampersand.

Next the publication date is listed as February 2023, well after WotC's acquisition of D&D Beyond in April 2022.

Finally, there is the note that the file size is very large. This tells me it is a scanned copy of the book, and not a legit Kindle version.

I am fairly certain it is not legit.

First, the author is listed as "Dungeons Dragons" with no ampersand.

Next the publication date is listed as February 2023, well after WotC's acquisition of D&D Beyond in April 2022.

Finally, there is the note that the file size is very large. This tells me it is a scanned copy of the book, and not a legit Kindle version.
Also, it was posted by a left handed middle school teacher who had to pawn their pocket watch several times due to gambling debts.

Remove ads