Kingdom improvement limits in Kingmaker

jasin

Explorer
Are the building limits in the Improvements per Month table applied globally or per city?

I.e. does building a new city let you build more buildings throughout the kingdom (one in each city per turn) or is the whole kingdom limited to the one building per city?

If the limits are kingdom-wide, there seems to be little reason to build new cities rather than improving the existing one(s): there all sorts of extra costs (clearing the hex, Consumption, splitting up the Defense bonuses) with very little benefit (you get to sell more items, and in my experience you really don't produce enough items for that to be a bottleneck).

jefgorbach

First Post
I'vn't picked up the module yet - but would think Improvements would be per-city on the presumption frontier towns/farming communities generally begin with the intentions of being self-sufficient so should have sufficient resources/manpower to undertake the improvements independently from the others, eventually growing into large metropolitan cities with excess population and trade fueling their continued growth.
Presumably the module reflect this?

IronWolf

blank
I believe the folks on the Paizo boards have said it is per city. In a rush now or I would find you a relevant link to answer more concretely.

I also believe the current philosophy is that more than one city is a good thing.

Remove ads