• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingdoms of Kalamar Atlas

Arnwyn

First Post
I agree with cyric. This is a questionable review. I don't understand this mindset of d20 players who seem to expect maximum utility from *every* d20 product for whatever campaign they're playing in - even if it's a campaign-specific sourcebook. Ridiculous.

Cyric

Explorer
thanks anrwyn!
psion: in my opinion the result of the review is not ok, because the only "bad thing" about the Atlas is the "Kalamar factor". I would vote for a deletion. Thanks!

JeffB

Legend
I don't know if the review should be pulled but I do think dropping the score because a Kalamar product focuses on Kalamar is just plain silly.

That being said I'm not a Kalamar fanboy (though I do like the setting) and don't even own the Atlas.

Would the D20 MR reviewers insure that the FRCS would be slighted on score because it dealt too much with Faerun?

Wraith101

First Post
That is a very good point JeffB!

Don't delete the review though as everyone has a right to an opinion ( I both own and use the Atlas heaps).

What we should do though, is write our own reviews and bring up the score a bit (if you believe as I do, that this is a cool product).

I think this to be a very strange review; the Atlas looks just GORGEOUS and is of course a KoK product; never heard of a Forgotten Realms product gotten critizised for not being generic. Something a beautiful as this has never been done before in terms of maps, and all that by a comparatively small company as Kenzer.
Sorry, but really a questionable, strange review.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads