Pathfinder 2E Kingmaker Anniversary Edition delayed again.

kinwolf

Explorer
I don't get why all the delays. The 5e conversion was supposedly outsourced to Legendary Games, and it was announced by LG as "Done" and trasnfered to Paizo a full year ago, and yet it is still in editing?

kenada

Legend
Supporter
For a company that has been releasing material like clockwork for years, it’s surprising what a mess Kingmaker Anniversary Edition has been. You’d think Paizo would be better at project planning than that.

dave2008

Legend
For a company that has been releasing material like clockwork for years, it’s surprising what a mess Kingmaker Anniversary Edition has been. You’d think Paizo would be better at project planning than that.
I does make one wonder if something is going on beyond normal delay issues.

Staffan

Legend
There was also a pretty chonky delay for the Absalom sourcebook they recently released – I think it was supposed to be released concurrently with the Agents of Edgewatch AP, and that was released in the latter half of 2020.

I does make one wonder if something is going on beyond normal delay issues.
The pandemic certainly didn't help, but I've also been noticing a lot of folks leaving Paizo for supposedly greener pastures (Wizards of the Coast in many cases). I don't know if it's more than the normal rate, but given the stuff that came out around the time they were unionizing, Paizo does not seem like a great place to work, and the pay is nothing to write home about either. So if the job is poorly paid and the work environment is bad, people won't have many reasons to stay.

dave2008

Legend
If 6e has a 3 action economy I'm jumping ship anyway. I (mostly) love paizo rules but man I hate them as a company.
While I don't think it is likely that 6e will have a 3 action economy, even if it does you will be waiting a long time for that. 5e is getting a refresh in 2024 and that could mean another 5-10 yrs after that before 6e. So safe bet is we could see 6e on 2034. Long time to wait IMO.

Last edited:

kenada

Legend
Supporter
For the first half of its existence, D&D editions were mostly compatible with each other. I think it would be good to call the revision “6e” to signal a return to that ethos. The idea that new editions need to break compatibility and fix all the problems needs to be put to rest. It’s not healthy for the game, especially when you have one that is growing like 5e is.

Glade Riven

Adventurer
Well, I figured out how I got that 25 million number, and it has to do with Games on Tabletop's poor web design choices. That's the total Games on Tabletop has raised, which is at the footer of every page. But when you're reading the comments of a campaign post and a bit blinded by rage, it looks like that this specific PROJECT made that amount of money.

Anywho, new update, "We're 99.99% ready to go to print we swear" from Paizo and already rumors that they are going to miss the September date in the replies.

Glade Riven

Adventurer
Well, I figured out how I got that 25 million number, and it has to do with Games on Tabletop's poor web design choices. That's the total Games on Tabletop has raised, which is at the footer of every page. But when you're reading the comments of a campaign post and a bit blinded by rage, it looks like that this specific PROJECT made that amount of money.

Anywho, new update, "We're 99.99% ready to go to print we swear" from Paizo and already rumors that they are going to miss the September date in the replies.

Remove ads