• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kingmaker: Carnival of Tears?

Unwise

Adventurer
I'm not overly familiar with any of the content that is being discussed, but thought I would throw in my ignorant 2c anyway.

In Kingmaker, don't you end up with lots of followers and underlings who are fairly important to you? I figure that you could easily run a 5th level adventure in which the main characters' bannermen, advisers, bards etc are a the carnival when the proverbial hits the fan. The main characters might be 15th level, but they are not there. If they want to save their people and their important NPCs, then they need to take control of these NPCs and succeed at this adventure.

This also allows for some great foreshadowing for the 6th book as was discussed before. This is made even better by the fact that the temporary characters, although they are ongoing NPCs, need not live through this. They could be taken out at the end, the question is, did they get a warning away to tell the main characters about it?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads