Pathfinder 2E Kingmaker Preorders Open

Including the Pathfinder 2E version of the classic adventure path, along with bestiaries which enable you to use the AP with both Pathfinder 1E and with D&D 5E, Paizo has opened pre-orders for a revised version of its most popuar campaign. In addition, you can pick up kindom management tools map packs, and pawns, with 13 products in total available. September 22, 2022 (REDMOND, Wash.) –...

Including the Pathfinder 2E version of the classic adventure path, along with bestiaries which enable you to use the AP with both Pathfinder 1E and with D&D 5E, Paizo has opened pre-orders for a revised version of its most popuar campaign. In addition, you can pick up kindom management tools map packs, and pawns, with 13 products in total available.

1505396_pzo2020pf2kingmakeradventurepathhc1200.jpg

September 22, 2022 (REDMOND, Wash.) – Paizo Inc., publisher of the Pathfinder and Starfinder Roleplaying games, has opened preorders for the massive Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path suite of products at PathfinderKingmaker.com. The set presents a full-length campaign that chronicles the rise of a new nation—a kingdom built and ruled by the player characters—and contains 13 products with over 1000 pages of expanded and updated tabletop roleplay game adventure material based on the Pathfinder First Edition Kingmaker Adventure Path and the Owlcat computer game adaptation. It will be available to purchase on October 26 at game and bookstores worldwide and at paizo.com.

Over a decade ago, the Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path helped lead the way with an open-ended "sandbox" style adventure that encouraged exploration and conquest in a rugged wilderness. Its open-world narrative and kingdom-building elements gave players and Game Masters unparalleled freedom to explore and shape the world with their heroic actions. It became one of the best-selling and most beloved campaigns in Pathfinder's history.

In past years, Paizo published hardcover collections of the popular Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne campaigns, returning beloved out-of-print favorites updated with new bridging material, new illustrations and maps, errata, and numerous additional improvements. This release brings Kingmaker into the same fold, bigger and better than ever before.

The expansion includes content from Owlcat Games’ best-selling computer game adaptation of the Kingmaker campaign added new adventures, new mysteries, and more than a dozen new companions to accompany the players as they expand their holdings from a single fortress to a burgeoning empire.

This multi-product release includes Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path, a massive new deluxe limited-edition hardcover compilation updated to the latest Pathfinder rules. The Kingmaker Companion Guide presents seven fully detailed companions inspired by the Kingmaker video game, ready to provide all sorts of assistance, each accompanied by a fully detailed personalized adventure to go along with their story. The Kingmaker Bestiary 1st Edition and Kingmaker Bestiary 5th Edition help those who prefer to convert the adventure to their games. The suite includes many additional accessories to enhance play!

Players can find detailed descriptions on each product on the site:
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path Special Edition (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (First Edition) (P1)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (Fifth Edition) (5E)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide Special Edition (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Kingdom Management Screen (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Kingdom Management Tracker (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Poster Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Pawn Box
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path Campsite Multi-Pack
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path Noble Manor Multi-Pack
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path River Kingdoms Ruins Multi-Pack
Soon, you can face off against bands of bloodthirsty bandits, deadly and dangerous monsters, and mysterious menaces from other realities as you fight to claim the Stolen Lands as your own. Will you rule with justice and mercy, or will you become the very monsters you fought to oppose? In the Kingmaker Adventure Path, the destiny of the world’s newest nation is yours to decide!

Preorder today at PathfinderKingmaker.com.

I only got into Pathfinder in the 2E era, so I never experienced the original version of Kingmaker, but I’m stoked for this product. Already got my preorder locked in with one of the LGSes.

Two things I still want to know more about:

1) I wish I could find more info about the Kingdom Management Tracker and Screen. These look like worthwhile supplemental products, but I’d love to find a preview somewhere.

2) Conquering “Stolen Lands” sounds politically fraught in the context of living in Canada in 2022 with the significance of things like decolonization and the Land Back movement. Is Kingmaker the kind of product I can play in public, or has the subject aged like milk since its original publication?

TheSword

Legend
I only got into Pathfinder in the 2E era, so I never experienced the original version of Kingmaker, but I’m stoked for this product. Already got my preorder locked in with one of the LGSes.

Two things I still want to know more about:

1) I wish I could find more info about the Kingdom Management Tracker and Screen. These look like worthwhile supplemental products, but I’d love to find a preview somewhere.

2) Conquering “Stolen Lands” sounds politically fraught in the context of living in Canada in 2022 with the significance of things like decolonization and the Land Back movement. Is Kingmaker the kind of product I can play in public, or has the subject aged like milk since its original publication?
They’re called the stolen lands because they have been lost to lawlessness and banditry rather than taken from indigenous peoples.

Part of the story explains why there have been hundreds of failed kingdoms on that spot over the years.

Its actually pretty progressive. With opportunities to befriend typical monster races.

I can’t wait to see how much of the CRPG they decide to keep and how the much stronger and cohesive storyline works with the TT version.

TheSword

Legend
Ouch, it’s not cheap though. $150 dollars plus delivery for just the core book and 5e bestiary.

The pdf version won’t be released until later and won’t come along with the book like it normally does with Paizo products so I’m just gonna wait for that.

Retreater

Legend
I don't know much about the Canadian political landscape, but there are definitely some Native American themes.
I ran it in first edition PF, and the third adventure was inspired by the legend of the Lost Colony of Roanoke (and says so in the adventure). Without getting much into the story, an entire town goes missing because of those "ancient and mysterious natives."

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I thought I ordered the 5e previously from a thread mentioning the 5e version….need to check my paizo account before I order it again!

Just checked - nothing ordered on the site but was it from a crowd funding site they had this up on?

BV210

Explorer
I backed this early and took the 1e route. I received the pawns and the 1e Bestiary last week. Both are awesome. The pawns are the same high quality as the rest of the Paizo pawns line. The Bestiary is hardback (I was surprised as I was expecting soft cover) and looks amazing. Everything else I got was in PDF. The compiled AP in a single tome is very good as well. I haven't had a chance to sit and digest it all yet, but I'm impressed.

TheSword

Legend
I don't know much about the Canadian political landscape, but there are definitely some Native American themes.
I ran it in first edition PF, and the third adventure was inspired by the legend of the Lost Colony of Roanoke (and says so in the adventure). Without getting much into the story, an entire town goes missing because of those "ancient and mysterious natives."
Not sure I agree there.

Saying that the Slave Lord Lich despoiler of souls is an indigenous native is probably a bit of a stretch when he’s an outcast from the nearby Cyclopean Empire imprisoned in that location by his own minions. In that adventure the Nomen Centaurs are framed as the indigenous people and the party works with them against the ancient evil of Vordekai.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Not sure I agree there.

Saying that the Slave Lord Lich despoiler of souls is an indigenous native is probably a bit of a stretch when he’s an outcast from the nearby Cyclopean Empire imprisoned in that location by his own minions. In that adventure the Nomen Centaurs are framed as the indigenous people and the party works with them against the ancient evil of Vordekai.
This. There is some stuff with monsters and fey in the region too, where if you squint hard enough you make an issue out of it. Though as GM it shouldn't be too much work to change the details on anything you find problematic.

Remove ads

Remove ads