Pathfinder 2E Kingmaker Preorders Open

Including the Pathfinder 2E version of the classic adventure path, along with bestiaries which enable you to use the AP with both Pathfinder 1E and with D&D 5E, Paizo has opened pre-orders for a revised version of its most popuar campaign. In addition, you can pick up kindom management tools map packs, and pawns, with 13 products in total available.

1505396_pzo2020pf2kingmakeradventurepathhc1200.jpg

September 22, 2022 (REDMOND, Wash.) – Paizo Inc., publisher of the Pathfinder and Starfinder Roleplaying games, has opened preorders for the massive Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path suite of products at PathfinderKingmaker.com. The set presents a full-length campaign that chronicles the rise of a new nation—a kingdom built and ruled by the player characters—and contains 13 products with over 1000 pages of expanded and updated tabletop roleplay game adventure material based on the Pathfinder First Edition Kingmaker Adventure Path and the Owlcat computer game adaptation. It will be available to purchase on October 26 at game and bookstores worldwide and at paizo.com.

Over a decade ago, the Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path helped lead the way with an open-ended "sandbox" style adventure that encouraged exploration and conquest in a rugged wilderness. Its open-world narrative and kingdom-building elements gave players and Game Masters unparalleled freedom to explore and shape the world with their heroic actions. It became one of the best-selling and most beloved campaigns in Pathfinder's history.

In past years, Paizo published hardcover collections of the popular Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne campaigns, returning beloved out-of-print favorites updated with new bridging material, new illustrations and maps, errata, and numerous additional improvements. This release brings Kingmaker into the same fold, bigger and better than ever before.

The expansion includes content from Owlcat Games’ best-selling computer game adaptation of the Kingmaker campaign added new adventures, new mysteries, and more than a dozen new companions to accompany the players as they expand their holdings from a single fortress to a burgeoning empire.

This multi-product release includes Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path, a massive new deluxe limited-edition hardcover compilation updated to the latest Pathfinder rules. The Kingmaker Companion Guide presents seven fully detailed companions inspired by the Kingmaker video game, ready to provide all sorts of assistance, each accompanied by a fully detailed personalized adventure to go along with their story. The Kingmaker Bestiary 1st Edition and Kingmaker Bestiary 5th Edition help those who prefer to convert the adventure to their games. The suite includes many additional accessories to enhance play!

Players can find detailed descriptions on each product on the site:
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path Special Edition (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (First Edition) (P1)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Bestiary (Fifth Edition) (5E)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Companion Guide Special Edition (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Kingdom Management Screen (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Kingdom Management Tracker (P2)
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Poster Map Folio
  • Pathfinder Kingmaker Pawn Box
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path Campsite Multi-Pack
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path Noble Manor Multi-Pack
  • Pathfinder Flip-Mat: Kingmaker Adventure Path River Kingdoms Ruins Multi-Pack
Soon, you can face off against bands of bloodthirsty bandits, deadly and dangerous monsters, and mysterious menaces from other realities as you fight to claim the Stolen Lands as your own. Will you rule with justice and mercy, or will you become the very monsters you fought to oppose? In the Kingmaker Adventure Path, the destiny of the world’s newest nation is yours to decide!

Preorder today at PathfinderKingmaker.com.

TheSword

Legend
Still waiting on the foundry release for vtt, but I bought the rest of that. (Not going to use the 5e bestiary, but I have a pdf copy.)
I saw on the Paizo forums they’re looking at March/April next year.

I don’t used Foundry but I often by foundry modules for the tokens and high res maps with room numbers filed off etc. Saves a lot of time.

Thrawn007

Reformed grognard
I saw on the Paizo forums they’re looking at March/April next year.

I don’t used Foundry but I often by foundry modules for the tokens and high res maps with room numbers filed off etc. Saves a lot of time.
My goal is to learn foundry by then via playing and gming some pf2. Then launch into kingmaker next summer. Gives me plenty of time to spice up the hexploration even more than this edition did.

TheSword

Legend
So PDF’s are up for sale a day early.

$50 for the main AP
$30 for the 5e bestiary
$30 for the companion guide
$50 for the roll20 5e module for creature tokens and profiles.

So $160 for to run this in 5e online. More if the maps aren’t very good quality in the pdf and I need the full roll20 module. The flip mats sets are really pretty too at $30
For the full sets.

Last edited:

I have everything in pdf and almost all of the print components.

Note: The number of encounters at locations are greatly reduced compared to the video game.

Does it look like the PF2e encounters are paced better than early APs and lessons learned have been incorporated? One of the lessons learned I think in PF2 is that low / moderate should be fairly common. Also to not use solo creatures level +2/3 at lower levels (say 1-6) -- stick to say Level +1 until say level 7. Not only are these enounters too hard at times (TPK), but they also screw with magic -- lower level spellcasters can feel weak without some enounters made up of more lower level foes.

Is the 5e conversion one for one monsters or do the number of monsters in an encounter / location change as well?

Teemu

Hero
Does it look like the PF2e encounters are paced better than early APs and lessons learned have been incorporated? One of the lessons learned I think in PF2 is that low / moderate should be fairly common. Also to not use solo creatures level +2/3 at lower levels (say 1-6) -- stick to say Level +1 until say level 7. Not only are these enounters too hard at times (TPK), but they also screw with magic -- lower level spellcasters can feel weak without some enounters made up of more lower level foes.

Is the 5e conversion one for one monsters or do the number of monsters in an encounter / location change as well?
There’s a free preview of the first Chapter over on Roll20. The first boss encounter is against a +2 enemy and its minions, at party level 1. Lessons not learned!

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
There’s a free preview of the first Chapter over on Roll20. The first boss encounter is against a +2 enemy and its minions, at party level 1. Lessons not learned!
Whats the rest of the encounter? +2 by itself would be base moderate so they've got 40 exp of wiggle before it even becomes severe.

!DWolf

Adventurer
Whats the rest of the encounter? +2 by itself would be base moderate so they've got 40 exp of wiggle before it even becomes severe.

The entire combat portion of the first chapter is structured as an speed/attrition dungeon (which is somewhat tricky in pf2e - though I ran Broken Chains in this manner and it worked well). The characters move through the area with no time to rest, influencing allies to get aid, fighting some enemies and bypassing others, looting to get healing resources, and rescuing companions (which may join the characters in battle based on how they did on an earlier influence challenge based feast and the GMs discretion). The final battle is one level 3 fighter type with some sweet greataxe attacks and two level -1 minions with no abilities. The fighter has an AC of 18 and 48 hp so it should be only a moderately difficult fight for four PCs and a companion (which are first level characters) or severe without a companion. However the adventure also has a 14th level swordlord holding off two frost giants nearby in case the players and their companions get in over their head.

I am potentially very interested into this... alas I am wondering if the popularity of Owlcat's game hasn't spoiled the adventure for my group -- many are susceptible to having played it. I'll inquire before shelling this much money.

The-Magic-Sword

Small Ball Archmage
The entire combat portion of the first chapter is structured as an speed/attrition dungeon (which is somewhat tricky in pf2e - though I ran Broken Chains in this manner and it worked well). The characters move through the area with no time to rest, influencing allies to get aid, fighting some enemies and bypassing others, looting to get healing resources, and rescuing companions (which may join the characters in battle based on how they did on an earlier influence challenge based feast and the GMs discretion). The final battle is one level 3 fighter type with some sweet greataxe attacks and two level -1 minions with no abilities. The fighter has an AC of 18 and 48 hp so it should be only a moderately difficult fight for four PCs and a companion (which are first level characters) or severe without a companion. However the adventure also has a 14th level swordlord holding off two frost giants nearby in case the players and their companions get in over their head.
Gotcha, yeah that shouldn't be too bad for most groups since, especially with the NPC aid to help them soak damage.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases