• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knightmares of Khorvaire

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The group enters the building's ground floor and walks past the front desk where a middle-aged elven woman is speaking with a couple of human guests. They follow the small sign directing them towards the tavern and dining area, and when they walk in, they see that it is virtually empty. Tyler shrugs to the group and motions for everyone to take a seat, as he expects that his House contact should be here momentarily.

Lyran:
((Spot [19] + 4 = 23 / DC 20)) As the party entered the building from the outside, you just barely caught the glimpse of what appeared to be a gnome standing on the staircase, and as soon as he saw the group enter, he darted upstairs. As you walked past the stairs to go to the back, you threw a quick look up it, but did not see the gnome. But you are pretty sure the gnome was on the lookout for the group.

Korthus (and Luthal, Tomanta & Morgan):
Korthus has been standing on the staircase to the second floor of the inn disguised as a gnome via his hat of disguise, keeping a watch out for the party that Marta D'Orien is expecting to arrive.

You four have all been hired by Marta to lead the adventuring group known as the Knightmares into the Ashen Spire mountains. Tomanta D'Arture is a member of the Finder's Guild of House Tharashk, and the rest of you have worked with him on numerous missions prior to this. Marta asked you all to find a temple in the Spires dedicated to the cult known as the Blood of Vol, and to make sure the Knightmares get there safely. While Korthus has been on look-out waiting for the party to arrive (since they should have been in yesterday), the rest of you and Marta have been upstairs in your rooms passing the time.

Suddenly you each receive a knock on your door and Korthus announces to each of you that the Knightmares have arrived and are moving back to the tavern. Each of you prepare yourselves and follow Marta D'Orien as she moves towards the staircase going down. **PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL AFTER I MAKE THE FIRST MARTA D'ORIEN POST. THEN YOU ARE FREE TO SPEAK AS A FULL MEMBER OF THE GROUP. THANX!

Last edited:

Zweischneid

First Post
Leaning back on his chair, Lynx twists his head back and forth, studying the decor with awed interest.

'Well.. nice.' the Shifter rejoices 'Since House D'Orien covers the outlay, why don't we see if the kitchen lives up to the places standard?'

Turning around quickly, almost tipping his chair in the progress, Lynx strains to get a better look at the menue board, licking his lips as he carefully reads through the selection.

In the meantime, the disregarded cat Cariosa tries to convince Kolarred to treat her with a nice bowl of milk by fawning around his boots.

OoC:
All this twisting and turning kinda also implies that Lynx takes a look around and would hopefully notice anything strange.

((Search d20[9]+5= 14 / Spot d20[19]+7= 26))

DarkMaster

First Post
Koralled doesn't pay attention to the cat, not realising that this one is intelligent and might be hurt by his lack of attention. The knight feeling a bit akward with his heavy armor wonders if he shouldn't take a room and change first. Quickly rembering what his quest is all about and that his enemy can be anywhere he rapdly changes his mind. He opens the menu and looks at all the Karnathi delicacies. Tonight I feel like a good Karnathi steak. He waits for the other the waiter to come to their table looking around for anything special.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
After placing the horses with the stabelboy, he follow the party, and takes a seat so he get his back to the wall. Zook takes out some herbs from his backpack and shows them to Lynx, “look I allways tries to have some of this, dont they smell good?, the taste is even better” “it makes me feel at home”

Zweischneid said:
Well.. nice.' the Shifter rejoices 'Since House D'Orien covers the outlay, why don't we see if the kitchen lives up to the places standard?'

"yes yes Lynx sure they do... well... I hope so, I'm very hungry” Zook looks over to the Paladin and hears his request “well I'm not in the meat mood today, I will order a big salad with hardboiled eggs if they make that kind of meals here” “Excuse me?!” Zook tries to make contact with an employee.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
A motion by the party to the waitstaff produces a young elven man dressed simply in a white tunic and a deep red apron. He holds in his hand a small jug of fine red wine and five glasses, which he places it on the table. He smiles kindly to the group and speaks.

'Good day to you, gentlemen... my name is Erreaminin. Are you having a late lunch or an early supper? We have wonderful meats and breads for sandwiches... or we have pork loin and lamb strew if you'd prefer something heartier. Can I start you off with anything?'

Lynx:
You get the sneaking suspicion that this elf isn't who or what he seems. During your time in Sharn you've seen and worked with many elves, and this elf's movements just strike you as just a little bit off for a typical waiter. ((Spot 26 / Disguise DC 23))

Kolarred:
You get a faint aura of evil from the young elven boy.

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Lyran

Lyran takes his seat next to Kolarred and leans close to the knight and whispers.

"I think I saw a look out watching for us rush up the stairs as soon as we got here. Whoever knew we were coming knows we are here. Be on your guard."

Lyran then turns to Erreaminin and says "Some lamb stew sounds fine...say, I always marvel at a well built establishment...my father was a carpenter...and I was curious, the upper story of your building seems held up with almost effortless supports! How thick did they have to build the upper story floor to hold up so well?" ((ooc Bluff (1d20+2=22)))

DarkMaster

First Post
"I will take the lamb young elf." Kolarred will then wait for him to leave the area and will tell the others calmly looking around to make sure none of the staff members are around (also relying on his detect evil power). "Don't know if that one is with them but I felt a faint aura of evil emanating from this young elf. I don't really feel like eating this food unless someone can make sure that it's free from all poison. I also recommand that we all keep an eyes on each others back while we are eating. . The paladin suddenly stops his arm holding the water cup when it almost reached his lips. I better not take any chances. He puts back the cup on the table and keep an eye on everything happening in front of him, basically covering the people sitting in front of him back.

Zweischneid

First Post
'Good day to you, gentlemen... my name is Erreaminin. Are you having a late lunch or an early supper? We have wonderful meats and breads for sandwiches... or we have pork loin and lamb strew if you'd prefer something heartier. Can I start you off with anything?'

Growing suspicious, Lynx ceases his hectic motions and focuses the elven boy with his mesmerizing, feline eyes drawn tight.

'Yes.. you could my .. friend!' the Wizard answers in a strangly quiet and enticing voice, prompting him to come closer with an awkward motion of his claw-tipped fingers.

'Must've missed it, please tell me your name again my friend!'

OoC:
Casting Charm Person - Will Save to resist (DC 13)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads