• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Knightmares of Khorvaire

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
'But since we're all introducing ourselves, why don't you go ahead and tell us why you're here and who send you?'

Erreaminin smiles once more at the wizard and addresses the crowd happliy.

'I'm here because my employer told me to come and find you. He said that the Knightmares of Khorvaire were bad men who would try and stop our plans, and that they needed to be eliminated from the equation. The Order has important work to do, and you men have been interfering in our plans for too long.'

It is quite disconcerting to see the human grinning in merriment as he talks about the group's destruction.

'You'll get yours soon enough. I'm not the only one who is after you. Although these new men are a strange addition to the situation. I'll have to let the Order know the Knightmares are growing.'

He once more smiles and everyone, but says no more.

Marta looks around the table at the assembled men and then catches the eye of Tyler before speaking to everyone.

'I think a good course of action is to have Tyler and perhaps a few more of you come with me upstairs to go over what needs to happen... it shouldn't take long. The rest of you may want to do a thorough interrogation of this gentleman here to discover who exactly he works for and what he and they want with us. Any information we can get from him will probably help save your lives.'

She stands up from her chair as if to imply her mind has been made up over this course of action, and a second after Tyler Du'Orien also rises.

DarkMaster

First Post
Koralled answers back the women. "I guess only Lynx can continue the interogation. It looks like the little assassin only seems to care about him. I also suggest that we lock this men somewhere to prevent him from telling his superior that our little group doubled in size. If they expect only four of us we might have a serious advantage. After telling his mind to the others he also rises, not really interested in interogation the petty assassin.

He will follow silently his employer and the lady.

Last edited:

Tomanta

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Koralled answers back the women. "I guess only Lynx can continue the interogation. It looks like the little assassin only seems to care about him. I also suggest that we lock this men somewhere to prevent him from telling his superior that our little group doubled in size. If they expect only four of us we might have a serious advantage. After telling his mind to the others he also rises, not really interested in interogation the petty assassin.

He will follow silently his employer and the lady.

"Good idea, although we should make sure he won't be released by his friends. Find out who his contacts are in town.." Tomanta rises to go upstairs with the others. "Also find out what he knows about what the others have planned. Find out who he is supposed to meet, where, and when, to give his report, and see if he knows what the plan is if he fails. We might be able to set a trap of our own.".

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Zook

Zook sees how the party splits up, some goes with Marta, and some stays with Lynx and the chanted human. Watt is happening here?, I suppose Marta is going to tell them the details of the mission... I don't need to be there, I rather stay with Lynx and the chanted guy, I wonder how much informations Lynx is capable to obtain
He goes over to Lynx. "Looks like many are going upstairs, and obviously leaving you stuck with this friend of ours" "I hear you should interrogate him, and Tomanta i think his name is, gave you some questions" he looks at the smiling Erreaminin, studying carefully his face and body structure "we must know who his boss is, and if he knows the way..." he bend over to the shifter and whispers "to the temple..." "I'm going to take a little look outside" he says with a smile "be right back"

Very proud of his contribution to the interrogation Zook goes over to the door of the Inn, takes out his pipe, light it and takes some steps outside and search for persons that appears to be waiting for somebody. After a minute or two he enters again and sits close to the door, with his back to the wall and in range of Lynx. He again looks around in the Inn and follows sounds from the inside and outside.

Listen Roll(1d20)+4:10,+4 Total:14 Search Roll(1d20)+8:10,+8 Total:18

Doomhawk

First Post
Margan

"Wizard, whatever you did to him, that man is... disturbing..." comments Margan, staring at Erreaminin. "In fact, I think I'll join Marta upstairs." The shifter rises to leave, scarcely taking his eyes off of Erreaminin. "Good luck with your interrogation," he offers, as he pads up the stairs.

Bobitron

Explorer
Luthal grunts in approval. "Eh, if ya need help, I'll be checkin' out the place.", he says, nudging Lynx as he walks away. "Best to keep our eyes open." He moves about the common room, giving every occupant a flat stare.

OOC:
Listen/Spot checks on each of the rooms occupants. Just looking for something out of place.

Spot: 7+11=18
Listen: 14+11=26

Zweischneid

First Post
'Any information we can get from him will probably help save your lives.'

I guess only Lynx can continue the interogation. It looks like the little assassin only seems to care about him.

Find out who his contacts are in town.."

"Also find out what he knows about what the others have planned. Find out who he is supposed to meet, where, and when, to give his report, and see if he knows what the plan is if he fails. We might be able to set a trap of our own.".

"I hear you should interrogate him, and Tomanta i think his name is, gave you some questions"

"Good luck with your interrogation,"

The Shifters feline eyes growing wider and wider with disbelieve as one after the other heads off to go at their various tasks, Lynx's stomach turns into icy knots and his tufted ears twitch nervously. Even his cat Cariosa seems to prefer taking a walk outside with Zook rather than stay with Lynx in the common room.
The jovial Wizard certainly feels very much out of place with this sort of task.
'Interrogation? I.. uh.. I mean I just thought the waiter looked kind of of odd, and I.... well?'

But seeing that hardly anyone is listening anymore, Lynx finally gives a resigned sigh and turns his attention once more at the false waiter.

'Uh,.. ok Erreaminin...my friend' Lynx starts, trying to sound guileful and innocuous at the same time.

'I guess this is sort of your people against mine...right? But among friends, we should make this ... uh .. a fair sport for all of us, don't you agree?'

Lynx pauses for Erreaminin to nod his agreement.
'Well, since you're aware now that we are now 10 people strong, how many people does your team have in Vedykar? Besides, what Order are you speaking off? .. you already know our name - the Knightmares.. isn't that so? And unlike us, you already know of our employer... and..'

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
Seeing how unatease the shifter is with the interrogation, Koralled decides to stay. I might be more useful around here after all. Koralled not really skilled for interogation especially of someone who was hired to kill him, will just sit nearby. He is here mostly to make sure that the waiter hasn't the possibility to bring back the information to his employer.

Badger

First Post
Kort watched as the others began leaving the room to head upstairs, or to simply check out the inn further, and wondered if they knew how thin the binding of the charm spell truly was. It was a common misconception that people harbored about those who practiced magecraft, even moreso as most mages were too afraid to admit that their spells were anything less than stunning and powerful.

'Don't worry lad, ye ask the questions and I will make sure if the spell falls he will as well.'

Reaching into his pouch, Kort pulled out a half smoked cigar and went to the hearth to rekindle it.

Might as well get to enjoy it while I can...

As the end flared bright and the bittersweet taste of the smoke filled his mouth, Kort walked back to the table and listened with interest as his fellow mage began questioning the waiter.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Lyran also stays downstairs with those interrogating the errant waiter.

I know how wrong interrogations can go sometimes...best to see to it that this one doesn't go the wrong direction.

"I presume he means the Order of the Emerald Claw...we need to know how many of them, alive and dead, are after us...and what sort of undead capabilities they have. Will this one know?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads