D&D 5E Know of anywhere to get decent digital combat maps or dungeon tiles?

Zethnos

Explorer
Hello!

I am starting my own campaign and I am using Roll20. I made my world and region maps, I just don't have any decent combat maps or city maps without text. My campaign is a world I created from scratch. I am not quite sure where to look for some digital resources that don't cost a whole lot. I like the tokens that roll20 provides, but I am not finding much in the way of maps.

I tried looking on google, but I's rather keep everything in a similar art style, so I wasn't sure if you guys knew of any websites that may have some cool generic resources for D&D.

Chaosmancer

Legend
I've never had much luck either, the one guy I've played with on Roll20 seemed to have purchased the higher memberships so he gets tons of cool stuff.

But, definitely would second a call for a site that contains a lot of really good maps.

Zethnos

Explorer
I've never had much luck either, the one guy I've played with on Roll20 seemed to have purchased the higher memberships so he gets tons of cool stuff.

But, definitely would second a call for a site that contains a lot of really good maps.

I have been thinking about setting up something where people can submit home made things to let others use in their games and stuff. Idk if I will ever get around to it or not though. Been busy with other things.

Zethnos

Explorer

I have bought a lot of Heroic Maps and Inked Adventures maps from DriveThruRPG/DMSGuild. They include gridded and ungridded versions, so you have flexibility in how you use them (I'm normally printing them on A3 cardstock). I'm happy with both companies.

They do cost a few dollars for each set (sets have anything from 4 to 30+ maps). Heroic Maps in particular have a lot of sales (for example, their Halloween sale has just finished).

I also have Forge Studios maps on my wishlist, but I haven't bought any of them.

All of these vendors have a few free maps available at DriveThruRPG.

If you have a bit more money to spend, look at the websites of professional map-makers like Jared Blando, Sean Macdonald and Mike Schley. These authors also have free maps (for example, Mike Schley's Flickr).

The Cartographer's Guild (mentioned above) is also a great place to get maps.

Zethnos

Explorer
I have bought a lot of Heroic Maps and Inked Adventures maps from DriveThruRPG/DMSGuild. They include gridded and ungridded versions, so you have flexibility in how you use them (I'm normally printing them on A3 cardstock). I'm happy with both companies.

They do cost a few dollars for each set (sets have anything from 4 to 30+ maps). Heroic Maps in particular have a lot of sales (for example, their Halloween sale has just finished).

I also have Forge Studios maps on my wishlist, but I haven't bought any of them.

All of these vendors have a few free maps available at DriveThruRPG.

If you have a bit more money to spend, look at the websites of professional map-makers like Jared Blando, Sean Macdonald and Mike Schley. These authors also have free maps (for example, Mike Schley's Flickr).

The Cartographer's Guild (mentioned above) is also a great place to get maps.

Thank you for the recommendations!

Remove ads