Black Flag Kobold Press Project Black Flag Friday: Publishing Partners

darjr

I crit!
Partners include Ghostfire Gaming, Steamforged Games, Nord Games, Fog God Games, The Griffon’s Saddlebag, Hit Point Press, The Vinyard RPG, The Word Refinery, Dungeon Scribe and Mage Hand Press.

Retreater

Legend
I think I only know Frog God and Kobold Press. I should look into the other companies. Any past highlights from these publishers I should look at?

Jadeite

Open Gaming Enthusiast
I think I only know Frog God and Kobold Press. I should look into the other companies. Any past highlights from these publishers I should look at?
Ghostfire Gaming does Grim Hollow. They also distribute other publishers, so they are involved in many successful crowdfunding campaigns.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I've backed some Nord Games stuff, like crit decks, which I like and have used for years now. I don't know if or what setting material or game systems they put out, so can't speak to that.

I've bought a bit of stuff from Kobold Press. Really like their monster manuals and accompanying "lairs" books.

I have bought A LOT of Frog God Games stuff. Have never heard of any of the others, but will check them out.

mcmillan

Adventurer
From Nord Games - Spectacular Settlements and Dangerous Destinations have been good sources to randomly generate locations and are basically system neutral. I've used their Revenge of the Horde bestiary book a bit to make some nice variants of the standard enemy creatures. I have their other bestiary of undead but haven't had a chance to look through it much.

Griffon's Saddlebag has put out two books of magical items, I've used a lot of the first one already but the kickstarter for the second was during a month when my budget was tight. There's also a nice online database of items, including some available for free if you want to take a look at what they put out The Ledger+

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I like that these old school companies are banding together to continue 5E support, no matter what comes.if WotC pulls a double-cross with OneD&D (doubtful, but possible), I'm covered. If ObeD&D remains compatible...more options that play nicely, and a healthy ecosystem.

darjr

I crit!
I like that these old school companies are banding together to continue 5E support, no matter what comes.if WotC pulls a double-cross with OneD&D (doubtful, but possible), I'm covered. If ObeD&D remains compatible...more options that play nicely, and a healthy ecosystem.
Old school? What?

Remove ads