D&D 5E [Kobold Press] Tome of Heroes Kickstarter LIVE!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Gotta day, I like the idea of the book, love the Kobold Press books I've gotten in the past, but I have two problems:

1. Not enough info on contents: I'm sure there will be some rollout of this in the next onto, and I have faith it will be legit...but it's not enough meat yet.

2. It's not really clear to me why I would buy into this Kickstarter rather than buy direct from KP later off the store page.

2. It's not really clear to me why I would buy into this Kickstarter rather than buy direct from KP later off the store page.
I can only speak for myself here, but I routinely buy my KP stuff from kickstarter because living in Australia, the shipping for KS rewards is cheaper than the shipping for purchases from the online store by a factor of 5 to 10.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I can only speak for myself here, but I routinely buy my KP stuff from kickstarter because living in Australia, the shipping for KS rewards is cheaper than the shipping for purchases from the online store by a factor of 5 to 10.
That's fair: I live in a major hub on the U.S West Coast, so that doesn't really make a difference. I also don't use virtual tabletops (Zoom works just fine), so that isn't much value added for me.

Marc Radle

Legend
Very informative Kickstarter Update today!
From the Editor - What's in the Book?

Here are some of the things you can expect to find in Tome of Heroes:
  • New and Expanded Races
  • Subclasses
  • Backgrounds
  • Equipment
  • New Rules
  • Magic
Be sure to check out the Update to learn a bunch more!

From the Editor - What's in the Book?

Ch1 Races.jpg

About half being reprinted content was not what I was hoping to hear. What are we talking here, only reprints from Warlock, or also from books like Underworld Players Guide?

Marc Radle

Legend
We're picking up some very cool, but obscure, stuff from issues of Warlock as well as popular player favorite items from Underworld Players Guide

There is going to be PLENTY of awesome, all-new stuff in the book, I PROMISE!

We're picking up some very cool, but obscure, stuff from issues of Warlock as well as popular player favorite items from Underworld Players Guide

There is going to be PLENTY of awesome, all-new stuff in the book, I PROMISE!
Will any of the older stuff be updated. I always felt like the white necromancer was a little bit of a missed opportunity.

Marc Radle

Legend
I don't think there will be anything for the white necromancer in this book, but (as the creator of the class) I agree 100% that the white necromancer should get more attention.

(In fact, I'm slowly but surely working on just such a thing ... but I'm not ready to discuss more at this time.)

Back to the Tome of Heroes:
$165,591 pledged and climbing
2,852 backers so far
25 days to go!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases