Kossuth

Palskane

First Post
Anybody here remember this elemental deity? The patron god of fire elementals in 2e. Along with Grumbar for earth, Istisha for water.... forget the one for air. Anyways, could you guys maybe give me some good ideas for PrC's for conversions of clerics of these deities to 3e? I have a cleric of Kossuth from 2e I'd like to convert over, and was wanting to get some good ideas.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Doc Century

First Post
Kossuth is listed as one of the deities in the FRCS. Here is a (short) rundown of Kossuth's faith:

Kossuth (Greater God)
AKA: The Lord of Flames, the Firelord
Symbol: A twining red flame
Alignment: N (you can use either N or LN when picking Kossuth as a patron)
Portfolio: Elemental fire, purification through fire
Domains: Destruction, Fire, Renewal, Suffering (the last two are domains from the FRCS)
Favored Weapon: Tendril of flame (spiked chain)

Hope this helps,
Doc

Jairami

First Post
I generally find that being a priest of a given deity is more of an RP thing than a PrC thing. Being dedicated to advancing his principles, following the dogma, and expanding the church population are the best ways to have fun making a character concept and impact as a priest of a specific deity.

Just being a straight cleric and making clever use of themed spells or domain spells can often be enough. Any number of prestige classes can be used though if you alter the way you interpret them if you want special abilities too. A contemplative, divine agent, or <shudder> an inquisitor can all be wonderful prestige classes that further develop the character's service to his deity.

Try to carve out a niche for where he stands in the church heirarchy and what his responsibilities and quests are in the overall structure aside from his adventuring. You may get lucky and they may make a prestige class in the upcoming book specifically for Kossuth, but in either case, don't let having or not having it limit your creativity. :)

Duganson

First Post
Arcadi, I think, is the Air Deity.

The only funky thing to remember about Kossuth is that, while he is Neutral, his churchs are Lawful Neutral. This can lead to some a rad roleplaying hooks: Your character is a neutral follower and the church after him, perhaps he is neutral good? Anyways:D

I suggest finding the Dragon issue that has Monte Cook's Flame Steward PrC, that would be a good place to start.
Good luck!

Thysl in Silver

Last edited:

Remove ads