D&D 5E KoTOR Force Jump / Mass Effect Charge like ability

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Has anyone seen an official ability like these where you can pounce an opponent and attack from a ways away, either a spell, class, race, item, whatever? Not homebrew.

I know you can use misty step or use the Echo Knight's ability and an Attack action to kind of simulate that, but I was thinking more of a jump to target, straight line, no obstacles and single melee attack as a Bonus Action, probably limited per rest kind of deal?

Kurotowa

Legend
Wait two weeks and see what the final version of the psionic Fighter subclass in Tasha's Cauldron is like. It's self-admittedly trying to capture the style of exactly the references you cite. The last playtest version, the Psi Knight, had a Psi-Powered Leap that added significant distance to your jumps. While we know there will be some changes for the final Psi Warrior version, like the Psi Die going away, I wouldn't be surprised to see some version of that ability still there.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Monk's Step of the Wind (bonus action) and then attack action??? Given their increased speed and then double jump, this pretty much seems like Force Jump IMO.

Remove ads