• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Well, Willie, sir, No I have yet to find him. Seems there is some resistance to my searches, so I will rest my search for a while. "

then to Helman and Willie, " If I may mention, my contact seemed . . . . .off . . . " He shakes his head slowly with incomprehension, " I don't know. It does ALL seem a bit unusual."

He is particularly polite to both Borya and Caldron, extending his hand in a handshake to the gray elf with curiosity in his eyes.

for those that pay attention, Shrough is armed with a longsword, quiver, but now bow, backpack of excellent make and fine shirt chain of mithral.

"There is another, and this one is lurking under the bridge." A short whistle and a fox emerges seconds later from the tall river grass, a mouse in his teeth. A quick few chomps and the small rodent is gone. and the red furred canine pads softly to the elf.

"This is Zarr. A friend I picked up about 5 years ago . . .or you could say he pick me up" **shrug**. He picks up the fox and carries him on his shoulders where the fox gives a relaxed toothy smile and lays lazily across the Elvin warrior's shoulders.
"This fox is your friend? I had thought he looked quite tasty."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Uh, No. He is not for eating. He is liable to eat you if one is not careful." The fox barks, whines and yips, with the Elf responding with, " I just told him that No, he is not allowed to eat you, so don't get your hackles up". The fox eyes you with a keen intelligence unlike any animal you have ever seen. His head moves about looking around at the crowd, watching every one about, keeping a watchful wet of eyes about.

You get the distinct impression this fox is no mere pet.

Trogdor1992

First Post
"He is safe from me, friend, but I cannot say the same for the Kobold over there. I have not heard the greatest things of their eating habits."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Wilie speaking to Borya | Helman speaking to Shrough:
"I do. Is it true that you finally found her?"
"No, you misunderstand, cousin," Wilie replies. "The notes aren't about your sister. I received a note as well saying that eight heroes would contact me. I am to make you all feel welcome and ask you to stay in Bard's Gate, which I do with everyone I meet. This S.H. person, whoever he is, payed eight gold to the toll collection. One for each hero, as he put it. It doesn't look like any of you have a cart or wagon, so I don't understand this person's extravagance. If it's meant as a bribe to the Market Watch, this S.H. doesn't understand anything about Bard's Gate. My note says that once enough of you have gathered together on the Market Bridge, more instructions will be delivered."

"I might have found a lead for you about Sonya, but I haven't received word from my contact in the city of Parma yet. When the letter I'm expecting arrives, I will let you know."

"Well, Willie, sir, No I have yet to find him. Seems there is some resistance to my searches, so I will rest my search for a while. "

Then to Helman and Willie, " If I may mention, my contact seemed . . . . .off . . . " He shakes his head slowly with incomprehension, " I don't know. It does ALL seem a bit unusual."
"In my experience, all of this is very odd," Helman says. "And I spent years in the adventuring profession. When someone puts together a group this... diverse, the rewards rarely outweigh the dangers faced. I'd advise caution. Traps are set in such ways."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The kenku has been silent for a while, taking in the news that he is not the only one to receive a mysterious note and that this Wilie halfling seems to know little more than they. With his characteristic manner, Kisep studies each 'hero' carefully before moving to the next. A capable bunch, by the looks of things. He wonders for what purpose they were brought together.

"I did not feel any magical impulse to travel here today," Kisep says in the common trade language of Bard's Gate, with a distinctly eastern accent -- that's what people expect, is it not? "Always have I felt a need to visit the great city of bards, for I, too, am one of such minstrels. My name is Kisep, I am a storyteller and somewhat proficient with string instruments."

Holding up his magical citern to prove his point, Kisep continues. "So none of us knows the true reason for being here today, apart from the note we received. I imagine that whoever wrote it, will make their presence known soon enough and things will become clear. In the meantime, I'd like to try the local cuisine; I'm dying to try something other than my dusty old travel rations."
"If you desire good food, I suggest The Felled Ogre over there." Helman points to building across the plaza, which is sparser than before. The revelers have moved inside for the most part. A group of guards keeps a close eye on the plaza, looking for drunkards, ruffians, and other troubles. Their leader is keeping an eye on all gathered around Wilie. Helman holds up his hand and the guard nods. He and his mean gather up a drunk pissing in the central fountain.

"I think you should either gather on the bridge, like Wilie's note says, or head indoors for the night," Helman suggests. "I can offer you all some good drink in my bar, but I can't offer you any food unless you like twirly biscuits or week-old sweetmeats from the Grocers Plaza."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
" Well, we can wait at the Felled Ogre for food and drink and when Willie gets the others, he can meet us there?"

Trogdor1992

First Post
" Well, we can wait at the Felled Ogre for food and drink and when Willie gets the others, he can meet us there?"
"Sounds like a good enough plan to me, perhaps we could all get more acquainted with one another as well, for I have great need of allies to aid in my cause."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"I'll send them your way once they arrive" Wilie replies. "Tell Durst that you know me. Ask for a bottle of Hammer Hand Whiskey. Curtsy of the Market Watch."

Wilie looks up a Borya, "You can stay with me and the family, if you like. Marcie will be glad to see you." ( [MENTION=10869]Shades of Eternity[/MENTION] > OOC: Marcie is Wilie's wife. He has four children. [I'll come up with names for them later.])

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Well Wilie I'd never turn down free drink. Sounds like the plan is set then." Turning to Caldrin "Let us rest our weary legs and have some drink then."

Remove ads