Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Jagr's tongue flickers to his lips involuntarily but he says nothing in response to the jibes. Instead he holds up the parchment. "We have at least one idea about S.H. The note changed once I made up my mind to take the offer. I suggest you check your own parchments again."

"May I? " After he is handed the note, he looks it over thoroughly.
Jagr passes the note to Shrough, which reads as it did when Sarten handed it to Jagr except for the final poscript, which once again changes: "Shrough d'Aringeir, I am glad you have arrived safely. You are the third. Sarten was the first. Jagr Misthunter was the second. Please gather with them and the others on Market Bridge once more than six of you have arrived in Bard's Gate. You will receive directions that will guide you in the quest that must be completed. Please make sure Mr. Wilie is there as well. He can direct latecomers if the rest of you do not wish to wait."

Cal pulls out his note from his inside pocket and begins to Reread it to see if his note has changed?
Cal sees no change to his own note. It reads as it first did.

OOC: Scotley, the note that "changed" in Jagr's hand was the note that Wilie received from S.H. not the note that Jagr received. (Wilie had handed his note over to Sarten after entering the inn just before heading upstairs to see Borya. Sarten then handed it to Jagr who just handed it to Shrough.)

oos - sorry guys, one part halloween and one part recovering from halloween.

ic -

Hammerhand Family Room:

Ninian swaddles down under his fluffy covers and closes his eyes. He is soon fast asleep with the promise of future tale-telling.

"I am Durst's guest and friend. He saved me from a very big racoon in a city call Perten far to the south. I grew up in the streets there. I've never left his company since. He, Aileen, and Ninian are my family now. I guard them as much they guard me."

"I know very little beyond what I told you at the bridge. I did bring the note I received about your and the others arrival. I left it downstairs with that nice kobold fellow. He was sitting with Dongar. The kenku bard was in the middle of a story for the patrons when I came up here." He pulls out a small loaf of bread and breaks it in half. He gives Wrinkle the bigger piece and then breaks the bread again. He gives one piece to Borya and eats the other. "In the morning, you and the others should all gather on the Market Bridge, that's what my note says," Wilie replies with his mouth half full.

"Helman might uncover something about this S.H. person. He has a lot of contacts throughout the city. It will take time, but if S.H. lives in Bard's Gate, Helman will uncover his identity."

"Who is this S.H. person?" Wrinkle asks. He only nibbles at the bread. "And are you sure its a 'he' and not a 'she'?"

"Hmm, good thought. I hadn't considered that," Wilie responds. "S.H. could be anything that can read and write. Maybe even an 'it'."

"I'll will watch over Durst, if you are needed elsewhere," Wrinkle offers to Borya. "Durst wouldn't want anyone to miss an opportunity for adventure."

"Aye, I've been neglecting my duties.'"

Hammerhand Family Room:
The door of the room opens and Sergeant Longmantle enters with the man named Camson. The sergeant looks at Borya and asks, "How is he? Any sign of a rash?"

Camson checks on Ninian to make sure the boy is sleeping. He covers the child with a second blanket and puts more wood in the fireplace. He then leaves the room.

"Not as far as I can tell"

(healing check 14+14 = 28 if needed and/or if I need to disregard)

Borya shrambled down the stairs and head's towards the massive clump of adventurers he met the night before.

"Greetings all. Did I miss anything?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
With s myrthful smile, The Elf answers Borya. "This" Shrough holds up the note, "Is *ahem* NOTE worthy"

Trogdor1992

First Post
Looking to everyone gathered around the note Vak'tiel appears a bit worried and angry. "Treachery!" he yells, then looks at Cal for support. "It looks like we may be being set up! NO ONE WILL ENSLAVE ME AGAIN!" he yells, apparently having had a bit too much to drink.

kinem

Adventurer
"Whoa. Relax. No one's going to enslave us. 'Heroes' or not, I work for fair compensation or not at all" Sarten tells Vak'tiel.

Chuckfar

First Post
Cal tries to calm vak'tiel, placing a hand on his shoulder."vak'tiel calm dow. No one is enslaving anyone, there are some very strong and smart fellas here. I think we can handle just about anything." Cal takes willies note from jagr and reads it.

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Perhaps the two of you are right, I'm probably overreacting a bit. I may have drank a bit too much as well. I just can't live in slavery again."

Remove ads