Kulan: Bard's Gate PbP Campaign (IC) [Game Cancelled]

kinem

Adventurer
Sarten says "Very well. To my other new friends, you will see me here again, have no doubt. Good night."

The kobold follows the group with Willie.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Kisep is intrigued and follows the others outside. Apparently the halflings note responds to the one holding it, so the kenku decides to take his turn with that. First, however, he searches his memories for hints or pieces of training concerning this form of magic. Perhaps he can even recall something about their potential employer?

OOC: Bardic knowledge about magical writing: [roll0]
Bardic knowledge about this S.H. person: [roll1]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vak'tiel, Shrough, and Sarten (and Cal):
"Well looks like we ought to follow Wilie then." Vak'tiel waves Cal along to follow him and then heads out the doorway to follow Wilie.

placing his wine bottles back in his pack Shrough follows after Wilie as well.

Sarten says "Very well. To my other new friends, you will see me here again, have no doubt. Good night."

The kobold follows the group with Willie.
Vak'tiel is the first to catch up with Wilie. Cal follows his traveling companion out of the inn next to Shrough. Sarten steps in behind them. The halfling leads them onto the Market Bridge where they wait for Kisep and the others.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Kisep and Jagr:
Kisep is intrigued and follows the others outside. Apparently the halflings note responds to the one holding it, so the kenku decides to take his turn with that. First, however, he searches his memories for hints or pieces of training concerning this form of magic. Perhaps he can even recall something about their potential employer?
Cal passes the note to Kisep before exiting the inn. Kisep watches the note in his hands change again: "Kisep, I am glad you have arrived safely. You are the fifth. Sarten was the first. Jagr Misthunter was the second. Shrough d'Aringeir was the third. Caldrin Auvreaundlin was the fourth. Please gather with them and the others on Market Bridge once more than six of you have arrived in Bard's Gate. You will receive directions that will guide you in the quest that must be completed. Please make sure Mr. Wilie is there as well. He can direct latecomers if the rest of you do not wish to wait."

As Kisep exits the inn, Jagr, the catfolk, steps out the door in front of him. He walks quietly next to the kenku bard as they make their way across the Grand Plaza to the Market Bridge. Kisep considers the note carefully as they walk.

[sblock="Kisep's Bardic Knowledge results"]Kisep isn't sure of the name of the spell that is attached to the note (it is an old, obscure spell *), but he is sure that the spell can only be cast by a truly powerful arcanist (meta: at least 15th-level). Kisep knows the spell is related to the cantrip Message, as well as the third order spell, Secret Page, and the fourth order spell, Locate Creature. The note's creator likely created it with Permanency. (The spell doesn't have a geas effect.)

While the spell's name is considered archaic, its usage has several legends attached to it. There was once a clandestine arcane guild in the Eastern Lands that used the spell to secretly pass messages back and forth. The sender had to know the name of the intended recipient or have a cherished item that once belonged to the person (with both, the spell is more powerful). Another legend comes from the Dark Continent where messages were once carved into the bark of jungle trees by the ancient elves of Firryaith. These secret messages were only visible to those of the same bloodline.

The initials S.H. don't match any archwizard that Kisep has ever heard of. He did once meet a eccentric human bard in Tyrsenia, the capital city of Ang-Lat, named Sinon Herakleidius, but he was more odd than powerful. He talked to himself, a lot. Yet, in some ways, he was brilliant. Kisep knows that there are several powerful families in Cemphar and Yhimir with arcane backgrounds that could be the 'H' in S.H.: the Hanims and the Hocas of Yhimir OR the Hrushovskys and the Hubiks of Cemphar. If any of their current family members have the initial 'S', Kisep doesn't know of them.

There is an old family of sorcerers that once lived in Bard's Gate, called the Hornravens, that Kisep has heard of. The family was cast out of the city more than 100 years ago. They are infamous in tales about them. Whispers of demon-worshipers and fiend-touched. Kisep has heard several stories about the Hornravens while traveling to Bard's Gate.

*Kisep would be able to figure out the spell's name or come up with a suitable alternative name for it after spending time doing research in a magical library.[/sblock]

Trogdor1992

First Post
"Sarten, I would like to apologize for the comment I made towards you. I was, perhaps, a bit close-minded towards you, and I was wrong for that. I'm not particularly used to seeing your people so widely accepted, but given my own complexion, perhaps I should be more understanding."

Chuckfar

First Post
As we are walking cal asks vak'tiel, "Have you had a turn reading the note willie had? It seems that it has a message for everyone that reads it. Try your turn and see what it says." Cal keeps an eye open for anything out of the ordinary as they are walking back to the market bridge. "I really hope this isn't some kind of trap!"

Scotley

Hero
Jagr leaves off contemplating what Kisep might taste like and watches with interest as another person takes up the arcane note.

Remove ads