D&D 3E/3.5 [Kulan] Crisis in Bluffside PBP Campaign Guide

Envisioner

Explorer
I'm sorry Knightfall, I'm trying to maintain an interest in this scene, but my suspension of disbelief is utterly shattered. The incredible epic monster of legend that we're supposed to be scared of is called the SHAD-BLOW? What's next, the Halibut-Crank? I can't even begin to take that name seriously.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
I'm sorry Knightfall, I'm trying to maintain an interest in this scene, but my suspension of disbelief is utterly shattered. The incredible epic monster of legend that we're supposed to be scared of is called the SHAD-BLOW? What's next, the Halibut-Crank? I can't even begin to take that name seriously.
I used that name because I didn't want to post an obvious creature name. I admit I didn't think very hard to come up with something.

I can change it to something else. Let me think about it.

Anyone have a suggestion for something that's supposed to be a mysterious creature of legend that would live in a forested area?

Envisioner

Explorer
Voidsoul is taken: (scroll down past Progeny). Up to you whether this is satisfactorily close to what you had in mind.

Nyx is a brand of lipstick, but I didn't know that until just now. What I did know was that it appears on a few Magic cards - https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?name=+[nyx] - and I had thought one of them was named Child of Nyx, but apparently I was wrong.

I would say Vangath is the best of the suggestions so far, but I still think something better could be produced. Vargrim or something like that, maybe. The original name made me think of "Shardbrow", which is still kind of awkward, but a huge improvement with just those two Rs instead of one L.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Nyx is a brand of lipstick, but I didn't know that until just now. What I did know was that it appears on a few Magic cards - Card Search - Search: +nyx - Gatherer - Magic: The Gathering - and I had thought one of them was named Child of Nyx, but apparently I was wrong.
Nyx, is this context, would be referring to the Greek goddess of night: Nyx - Wikipedia

At least, that is what I assume from @Neurotic's suggestion.

Envisioner said:
I would say Vangath is the best of the suggestions so far, but I still think something better could be produced. Vargrim or something like that, maybe. The original name made me think of "Shardbrow", which is still kind of awkward, but a huge improvement with just those two Rs instead of one L.
While I don't mind Vargrim, I'd like to keep a 'shadowy' reference to the creature's name of legend. Hmm, Grimshade or Direshade? (Or maybe something with gloom or umbra?)

Hmm, Vargrim, the Child of Nyx?

Sorry, I don't know why the link did that. I'll fix it if somebody tells me how.
You should b able to edit the post and then click on the link and unlink it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases