3.5 [Kulan] Kanpur: The Ancient Lands (& Bluffside Campaign Guide)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Races of the Eastern Lands

RACES OF KANPUR (cont.)
Part Nine: The Iceshield Lands [List in Flux]
Still to be written.

The List
● Ashalan
● Bakeneko
● Bronth †
● Elf, Eldred †
● Giant, ogre
● Gronk
● Guardian statue
● Hagspawn
● Hengeyokai
● Kalashtar
● Kitsu
● Klorthak †
● Korobokuru
● Naga, asp bloodline
● Naga, constrictor bloodline
● Naga, other bloodline
● Nezumi
● Ningyo
● Nue
● Ogre mage
● Orc, Urik-Aa †
● Porthunguin
● Rakshasa
● Shamki †
● Shan Sao
● Simbasta †
● Spirit folk, bamboo and sea
● Spirit folk, mountain and river
● Tanuki
● Tasloi
● Taer
● Uldra
● Vanara
● Volodni
● Yak Folk
● Zokujin




Part Ten: The East Empires (North and South) [List in Flux]
Still to be written.

Common Races
● Hengeyokai
● Kalashtar
● Klorthak †
● Korobokuru
● Nezumi
● Orc, Urik-Aa †
● Simbasta †
● Vanara

Uncommon Races
● Elf, Eldred †
● Giant, wood
● Illumian
● Kenku
● Orc, ghost-faced
● Shamki †
● Shan Sao
● Tasloi

Restricted Races
● Ashalan
● Bakeneko
● Churr
● Giant, ogre
● Guardian statue
● Kitsu
● Naga, asp bloodline
● Naga, constrictor bloodline
● Naga, other bloodline
● Ningyo
● Nue
● Ogre mage
● Porthunguin
● Rakshasa
● Raptoran
● Spirit folk, bamboo and sea
● Spirit folk, mountain and river
● Sulwynarii
● Tanuki
● Troll, steppe
● Yak folk
● Zokujin




Part Eleven: Indjiran Peninsula [List in Flux]
Still to be written.

Common Races
● Halfling, Rangtsen
● Hengeyokai
● Illumian
● Kalashtar
● Klorthak †
● Maenad
● Nezumi
● Orc, Urik-Aa †
● Titanite, Indjiran †
● Tortle †
● Simbasta †
● Vanara

Uncommon Races
● Elf, Amarati
● Elf, Eldred †
● Elf, Puskamu
● Geckofolk †
● Gnome, Jendram
● Gruwaar
● Half-Githzerai
● Half-Rakshasa [Template]
● Lizardfolk, giant
● Orc, Greenskin
● Raptoran
● Shamki †
● Shan Sao
● Tasloi
● Vogel
● Xeph

Restricted Races
● Ashalan
● Bakeneko
● Bhaviratye
● Devata
● Dwarf, Nivashan
● Eleti
● Giant, ogre
● Gnoll
● Guardian statue
● Jinoor
● Kenku
● Kitsu
● Kroy
● Naga, asp bloodline
● Naga, constrictor bloodline
● Naga, other bloodline
● Ningyo
● Nom-Ti †
● Nue
● Nymph, fire
● Ogre mage
● Porthunguin
● Rakshasa
● Ravarakin
● Scorn
● Shifter
● Spirit folk, bamboo and sea
● Spirit folk, mountain and river
● Sulwynarii
● Tanuki
● Tindali
● Varaana
● Yak folk
● Zokujin

† Homebrewed racial traits.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Thersean Stormdancer

Name: Thersean Stormdancer
Monk.jpg

Thersean was born in the Burning Sands. Growing up in the desert environment, has tanned his skin and bleached his hair. Being fair of complexion, his skin is not bronzed but looks more of brass, smooth and even in coloration, unlike the mottled combination of human flesh, though being skin it is not reflective but rather soaks in the rays of the fire from the sky. His hair is wispy and loose, free to blow in the random breezes, as white as chalk or the sands near the azure sea.

Monks, due to their predisposed even temperament, make good liaisons, emissaries, ambassadors, and viceroys. Thersean, as a representative of the Council of the Chrysalid Forest, Emissary of the Oasis of Taraea and Disciple of Amaunator, has traveled extensively throughout the desert to meet with various counterparts from the Dragori, the powerful reptilian empire of the desert and the Sixam Ieuna farther over into the mountainous region. With the possibility of developing a trade foothold in the urbanized, more Humanly controlled, areas of the world, he was appointed to meet with the Dragori who were already established in Bluffside.

AbilityTotalBaseRaceModifier
Strength12120+1
Dexterity1614+4+3
Constitution1214-2+1
Intelligence1012-20
Wisdom14140+2
Charisma101000

Deity: Amaunator: Domains: Sun: Balance:
HD: 06: Monk: 3: Cleric: 3: XP:
HP: 35: 8 + 5(d8+1)/2: Max 1st + Avg
AC: 19: 10 + DEX(3) + WIS(2) + Monk(0) + Armor(2) + NA(1) + Def(1)
EquipmentCost
LocationNotations
Bracers of Armor +24000gpForearms+2 Armor Bonus
Amulet of Natural Armor2000gpNeck+1 NA
Ring of Protection2000gpHand+1 Deflect
Light Brown Half-Sleeved TunicTorso
Off-White ShendytWaist-Legs
Belt w/ Holy Symbol clipped to itWaist
SanadalsFeet


AttackCost
TotalBABMBABCAMDG
Masterwork Quarterstaff +14600gp632111d6+1
Flurry of Blows(using staff)3/30/02101d6+1
slingn/a832301d4

SaveTotalMonkClericAO
Fort7331
Ref93132
Will8332
Feats:
Dodge+1AC / 1 target
EvasionRS = 0 not 1/2
Fast Movement+10'
Flurry of Blows0/0
Improved Initiative+4 Initiative
Improved Unarmed Strike
Lightning Reflexes+2 RS
*Racial Modifier+2 save vs EnchantImmune Magical Sleep
Simple Weapons
Still Mind+2 save vs. Enchant
Stunning FistDC: 10 + HD/2 + WIS = 153/d
Turn Undead3/d
Skills: Total = 39: Monk = 4(4+INT) + (L-1)(4+INT) = 20 + 10 = 30: Cleric = (L-1)(2+INT) = 9
SkillTotalRanksA
Balance41DEX(3)
Climb32STR(1)
Concentration32CON(1)
Diplomacy33CHA(0)
Escape41DEX(3)
Heal42WIS(2)
Hide52DEX(3)
Jump32STR(1)
Knowledge Arcana32INT(1)
Knowledge History32INT(1)
Knowledge Religion32INT(1)
Knowledge Planes21INT(1)
Listen53WIS(2)
Move Silently52DEX(3)
Perform11CHA(0)
Sense Motive42WIS(2)
Spellcraft32INT(1)
Spot53WIS(2)
Swim21STR(1)
Tumble63DEX(3)

Other Items:
Potion of Cure Moderate (1): cost 300gp
Potion of Cure Light (1): cost 50gp
50 gp
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Take your time [MENTION=6855223]MacConnell[/MENTION]. The current roleplaying encounter doesn't really allow for the fitting in of a desert elf. We'll add Thersean in as soon as you're able to get the PC done.

We ned to come up with an idea for why he's in Bluffside. Is he looking for someone? Is he just visiting? Was he brought to the city against his will?

It's possible he could be attached to one of the embassies in the city. The desert elves wouldn't have there own embassy, but he could allies among the Dragori or the Sixam Ieuna. The Dragori are a humanoid reptilian race with a powerful empire in the Burning Sands. And they are typically lawful neutral. The Sixam Ieuna are a winged humanoid race who live mainly in the mountains. They too are typically lawful neutral. Either race would be good patrons for the desert elves to find a place in Bluffside. Perhaps your character is in the city to try to have an embassy created for his people.

EDIT: FYI, those races are from the Bluffside sourcebook.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Here's the exact wording for the bonus for your PC:
__________________

Extra Bonus for all PCs at 1st Level
Either a bonus feat (NOT a Fighter feat or a Metamagic feat) OR an +1 to the multiplier for 1st-level skills (x4 becomes x5).
__________________

I had told you that the bonus feat was at 3rd-level. That was my error. Sorry for any confusion.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
EASTERN LANDS OF KANPUR:
THE ICESHIELD LANDS

SUBREGIONS OF THE ICESHIELD LANDS
Still to be written.
_________________________________________

PLACEHOLDER MAP FOR "THE ICESHIELD LANDS"
The Iceshield Lands.jpg
Still a Work in Progress
_________________________________________​
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
EASTERN LANDS OF KANPUR:
THE NORTHERN EAST EMPIRES

SUBREGIONS OF THE NORTHERN EAST EMPIRES
Still to be written.
_________________________________________

PLACEHOLDER MAP FOR "THE NORTHERN EAST EMPIRES"
The Northeast.jpg
Still a Work in Progress
_________________________________________​
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
EASTERN LANDS OF KANPUR:
THE SOUTHERN EAST EMPIRES

SUBREGIONS OF THE SOUTHERN EAST EMPIRES
Still to be written.
_________________________________________

PLACEHOLDER MAP FOR "THE SOUTHERN EAST EMPIRES"
The Southeast.jpg
Still a Work in Progress
_________________________________________​
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
EASTERN LANDS OF KANPUR:
THE INDJIRAN PENINSULA

SUBREGIONS OF THE INDJIRAN PENINSULA
Still to be written.
_________________________________________

PLACEHOLDER MAP FOR "THE INDJIRAN PENINSULA"
Indjiran Peninsula.jpg
Still a Work in Progress
_________________________________________​
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
DM's NOTE
I've finally finished adding all the sections for the entire Continent of Kanpur. I've had the placeholder maps for the Eastern Lands for some time, but I didn't want to add them to the thread. I wanted to redo them first to be more inline with the western maps, but if I do that, it will take FORVER for me to get back to this thread.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
To the Moderators: Can i get this thread moved to the Older D&D Editions forum since Kulan is a v.3.5 world. Cheers! - KF
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=6855223]MacConnell[/MENTION], rolling a Reflex save for Thersean vs. the Widened Fireball trap (DC 14): [roll0] + 2 = 15

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the bonus for being in the Temple Hall.
 
Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
[MENTION=2012]Knightfall[/MENTION]
I may be late responding to this, but Thersean has evasion.
 

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
My Bluffside PbP game has hit a wall over on The Piazza, as two of my current plays can't continue. I'm looking for, at least, two new players for the game. Here's the link
[Kulan] Recruitment for Bluffside PBP Campaign [Semi-Open] - Page 2 - The Piazza

FYI, this game has been going on, off and on, for some time now and many players have come and gone. Right now, I have one player who is still in, but I'm not sure if he'll be okay with the idea of converting the game to use the D&D 5E rules. Doing so would be hard for me, as I don't have experience DMing 5E. But I'll consider it to keep the game going.

If I don't get any takers, the game will have to end.

Here is the IC thread: [Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [IC] - The Piazza
OOC Thread: [Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC] - The Piazza
v.3.5 Campaign Guide: [Kulan] Western Kanpur|Bluffside PbP Campaign Guide - The Piazza
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Crisis in Bluffside Campaign Guide and Rogues Gallery [Starts Here]
My Bluffside PbP game has hit a wall over on The Piazza, as two of my current players can't continue. I'm looking for, at least, two new players for the game. Here's the link
[Kulan] Recruitment for Bluffside PBP Campaign [Semi-Open] - Page 2 - The Piazza

FYI, this game has been going on, off and on, for some time now and many players have come and gone. Right now, I have one player who is still in, but I'm not sure if he'll be okay with the idea of converting the game to use the D&D 5E rules. Doing so would be hard for me, as I don't have experience DMing 5E. But I'll consider it to keep the game going.

If I don't get any takers, the game will have to end.

Here is the IC thread: [Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [IC] - The Piazza
OOC Thread: [Kulan] D&D 3.5 PbP: Western Kanpur|Bluffside Campaign [OOC] - The Piazza
v.3.5 Campaign Guide: [Kulan] Western Kanpur|Bluffside PbP Campaign Guide - The Piazza
Now that EN World has been upgraded, I might be willing move my Bluffside game from The Piazza to here. It would be a reboot from where it left off with a new cast of PCs taking over if I can't get my last two players for the game to move over here.

The main reason is that I can't attach images and files there easily or at all. With the new upgrades here, it will be so much easier to run another pbp game here.

Of course, I still have to get my Realmsian Dragonstarfinder pbp game going again, but that's a whole other concern. I might have bit off more than I could chew converting the game from Dragonstar v.3.0 to Starfinder on the fly. :confused:

Bluffside cover.jpg
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Tellerian Hawke, how's your schedule right now?


QUICK CAMPAIGN OVERVIEW [POST 1]
dfryer36 said:
"Relgar, do you have any magic that will help us bypass this?" Terger asks.
willpell said:
"I do not habitually use spells which are useful for bypassing barriers; I like having my privacy respected, so I have made no effort to duplicate the feats of those mages who trend toward arcana-assisted burglary. Whatever I or any of the rest of us can do about this gate, I caution that we will be opening an egress which has already been sought by someone, or something, capable of inflicting this level of damage on what looks to have been a solidly-forged piece of ironwork. Whatever did this is still in there; if we are not able to contain it, then perhaps we should leave it imprisoned."
"If its been sealed all this time," Custodio says. "Whatever was sealed in there might be dead."

"That assumes it didn't enter through an opening deep in the earth," Elkgrar adds. "Of course, anything that could tunnel through woudn't be stopped by a portcullis."

Tellerian Hawke said:
After examining the portcullis, and determining that opening it will be a noisy task, Tim looks back at his compatriots, and says, "Does anyone mind the noise? Want me to try it?"
MacConnell said:
Seeing that there is not enough room for him to lend assistance, Thersean steps aside.
"With the amount of time and exposure we have accrued thus far, the element of surprise is likey moot. I say, give it a go."
Tellerian Hawke said:
Tim gives it a go, but is unable to budge the portcullis.

"Rat farts," he curses.
"I will take a look at this barrier," Elkgrar suggests. He waits for Tim to step back and then he moves in an takes a look at the bent iron egress. "Hmm, it doesn't appear that this portcullis should be here. The design of stonework is all wrong." He pushes against it and listens to it scrape on stone. He tries to dig at the stone around its edges and then backs up confounded. "This should not be here. It makes no sense!"

"Magic then," Rhodes says. "We are dealing with a sorcerer after all."

If it's an illusion, I don't see it," Elkgrar replies.

He steps back and lets Relgar shuffle in and take a look. It should be a simple thing to detect whether or not a spell is in place. He studies the damaged egress fom top to bottom, wary for anything that might be lurking on the other side. The thought of a massive beast lurking in the dark, eying him as a meal distracts his mind. He tries his best to determine the tangibility of the metal, but if it is false metal, he cannot see it. It would be easy to determine with a detect magic spell, but does not have it prepared. He says as much to the others but that he could try an area dispel, if it could be confirmed their is magic active.

"I try to detect if there magic here," Custodio says. Relgar and the others step back and the Vanquisher cleric intones a prayer to the Purifier. His eyes shimmer and he directs his senses on the portcullis. "There is definitely magic auras here." He looks closer. "I see two auras. "One is faint and hard to read. I can't get anything else about it. The other is moderate in strength and it is definitely an illusion-based spell."

"So, it is an illusion," Elkgrar says. "It's well crafted."

"What worries me is the second spell," Custodio says. "It could be a trap of some kind."

"If it was, it would have gone off by now, I think," Rhodes says. "Or it's tied to the bastard's name like in the Golden Lantern."

"Wait!" Custodio interrupts. "The faint aura, it seems to be fading. Yes, it's dissipating."

"Great, an alarm of some kind. 'Waldo' will know we're here," Elkgrar notes.

The group debates whether or not Relgar should attempt to dispel the illusion. The vote is split but they decide to risk it. Custodio casts resist fire energy on Relgar, just to be safe. He gives the geometric wizard a detailed description of the aura and its strongest points before he and the others step back out of the way. Relgar wonders how he came to be in the forefront, but he relents to peer pressure and casts his dispel magic. His mind focuses on the maddening figment, and he centers the spell on the key pinpoint that Custodio mentioned. As the spell comes into effect, he holds his breath.

The portcullis shimmers and twists and then it is gone. The spell pushed the illusion back to unreality. The way is clear for them to continue. The others thank him, which he find oddly unsettling. 'It was easier than it should have been', he thinks.

Tim takes the lead into the tower once again. He soon finds that the illusion had given a false view of what had laid beyond the 'figment' portcullis. The dimensions are the same but the weapon rack he'd previously noted is gone. The sconces are there but they are broken. There isn't a unlit torch. What he does see makes his skin crawl, however. Writing on almost every inch of surface of the interior walls. He can see that some of it is in Draconic but the rest of it is in a language he's never even seen before.

The writing continues down to the next level of the tower, which he can see through the opening in the floor. There are stone stairs that lead down but he's not sure if the stairs are physically sound. Elkgrar studies the stonework and assures him and the others that while the stairs are worn, there isn't a risk of collapse.

"Relgar, don't read anything," Custodio suggests. "While I don't see any new auras, it's better to be safe."

"This is not good," Rhodes adds. "This sorcerer has been working here for quite some time."

"We should tell Commander Oakfirst what we've found," Elkgrar suggests.

Terger, however, takes the lead and descends down the stairs to the next level. Tim quickly follows suit and the stairs do indeed hold. There is more writing on the next level and an old, broken chest that sits in the center of the room. It is mundane and rotted. Another stairwell leads down to the bottom of the tower. The only creatures they find are tiny spiders sitting in cobwebs in high corners of the tower's bottom level. The writing ends just before the landing of the stairs. The wall facing towards Old City is empty of writing while the wall that connects to the northern part of the wall is full of arcane sigils and representations of the cosmos.

"Be careful," Custodio suddenly warns. "There is an overwhelming aura on that wall!"

Everyone looks away or dives to the floor, but nothing happens. Custodio risks a glance to study the aura. "I have no idea what that is, but I don't think it's a spell."

"We should go," Rhodes suggests. "While I hate to admit it, we need the Wizard Council to take a look at all this scrawling."

"This is definitely the place," Custodio adds. "But it's not very clean or organized for an arcanist's lair. And there's no real work space. It's just an empty mystery."

As you look around the bottom level of the tower, carefully, you see that Custodio is right. There are no workbenches or chairs or anything, really, except a few broken crates and a small barrel that looks like it could have been used to sit or work on. Relgar does find traces of ink on its surface. While the writing on the wall is quite fascinating, he resists getting to close to study the sigils and arcane formulas written almost everywhere, at first.

"How can this be down here without anyone knowing about it?" Rhodes wonders. "There isn't any other way in but the bricked up door."
 
Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
SUMMARY (Cont.) [POST 2]
Meanwhile: At Oakfirst Manor...
Commander Reginald Oakfirst limps up the steps of his old home. 'Was it might my fault?', he asks himself. 'No, there was no way from me to know there were so many of them'. He should have retreated with the others. But hindsight is the skill of clerics and wizards. He sighs as he opens the door and enters the manor. Lavia is there to greet him.

"Lord Oakfirst, what happened to you?"

"There was an ambush out in the ruins," he replies. He stumbles to the hall and finds the nearest chair. His knee is in ruins. It would take days to mend even with the aid of a skilled healer.

"I thought you were going to recruit Lady Thistle?"

"Yes, I did. But, I convinced her to come with me through the ruins. A small sidetrek on the main road, nothing dangerous."

"Obviously it was more dangerous than you thought it would be," Carter appears silently. The halfling starts checking his lord's wounds.

"There were diggers out there who went into the ruins without a proper escort," Oakfirst replies angrily. "If Lady Thistle and I hadn't come across them, they would have all died — several of them did anyway. Betrayed."

"Betrayed?" Lavia asks.

"Their supposed Headman," Oakfirst replies. "He wasn't who they thought he was... he was an impostor. He convinced them to go into Sem La Vah without Cephalous' permission."

"Where is Lady Thistle?" The female halfling asks.

"Dead."

"No."

"Aye," Oakfirst replies. "She died protecting the diggers and a young guard. The attackers were flying reptilian beastmen with fiendish ancestry of some sort. Initially, there weren't that many but more came at us out of nowhere."

Lord Oakfirst goes over it in his mind. There had been at least ten more of them. If the two Elites, Tinna and Denitian, hadn't been there and called out for more Elite guards, they all would have died. The woman Sofija was okay (barely) as were two of her peers. The others didn't make it to the Temple District's gate, however. And the fake Headman, he just disappeared in the confusion. He hadn't been in league with the attackers, as the beastmen had tried to kill him too.

'The reinforcements arrived in time to save me but not her', he thinks.

"After everything she had already gone through, to die," Lavia says.

"She died as she lived," Oakfirst replies. The last thing she had said to him as the lifeblood poured from her was 'I'll be with you soon, Bran'. "And she saved the diggers. I had too many of them on me to be able to help her."

"Perhaps she can be raised from the dead," Carter suggests.

"No, I don't think that's what her soul would want," Oakfirst replies.

All of a sudden, the door to the manor bursts open and several members of the Elite rush in with Lady Samantha Pomander in their midst. She quickly rushes to the commander's side in the hall and asks him if he's okay.

"I'll live," he replies.

"What the hell happened out there?" Her tone quickly becomes demanding.

Lord Oakfirst tells her everything without leaving out any details. He knows that she'd find out everything through her Dark Lantern agents in the Regulars. She listens intently while pacing slowly.

"Did you ever find the body of the man they called Roland?" She asks.

"I don't know," he replies. "I left Mr. Denitiian in charge of the situation. He fought bravely and deserves some recognition. I recommend he be promoted to lieutenant."

"If he finds Roland's body, I'll make him a captain!" She exclaims. "Gods, this is awful. Roland... is Roland Aalisar."

"Aalisar," Oakfirst's day just became worse. "A noble, a digger?"

"It's his hobby, but he's never to go out in the ruins alone," Lady Pomander replies.

"From what I understand, this fake digger, the one pretending to be Headman Jago, he convinced them the artifacts were worth the risk. In truth, he wanted them for himself."

"Do you have any idea what he found? Who he was?" Lady Pomander asks.

"An idol and an ancient bowl with mystic writing on it. One of the survivors told me it looked like Draconic or possibly Old Dragori," Lord Oakfirst replies. "And I have no idea who he could have been? I was too busy trying not to die."

"Oh wonderful," Lady Pomander says. "That's the last thing we need. The dragori are already showing too much interest in Bluffside."

"Yet, you sent me their attache for Terger's group."

"What were we supposed to do, say no?" She paces faster while shaking her head. "Where are they right now?"

"They went to Wyndlasmere House to check out the old Growers' Gate, mum," Carter replies. "There is evidence that Phelix's hideout might be in one of the towers."

"I doubt it," Lady Pomander replies. "I doubt old Alel would miss a renegade's lair that close to his post."

"Mr. Rhodes thought it was a good lead," Lavia says while blushing.

"I can't believe we had to let that man out of his cell," Lady Pomander says bluntly. She pauses. "How'd he look?" She asks Oakfirst.

"The same old Rhody but older. And leaner," Oakfirst replies. "I bet he could lift me over his head."

"Gods," Lady Pomander stops pacing. "This had better work."

"What do you want to do about Lord Roland?"

"Let's keep this as quiet as we can until we're sure he's dead," she replies. "But pull guards from anywhere you can to join the search. I'll send in the Lanterns to check the more dangerous areas."

"We'll lose some of them," Oakfirst replies. "We're already bleeding guards everywhere. If it gets any worse, we'll have to call out the militia."

"I'm already planning to do that," she says. "If I can get the rest of The Five to agree." She pulls chair up next to Oakfirst and puts a hand on his arm. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I feel like I should have done more to save her," he replies.

"The paladin. What was her name again?"

"Thistle. Thistle Ravenwood."

"The people will mourn her," Carter says. "They loved her."

"I'll try to arrange a state funeral for her," Lady Pomander says. "It's too bad that the gnome and the cleric of Ahto have left the city already."

"I could try to send them a message," Oakfirst suggests.

"No, they chose to leave, and we'll respect their wishes. But make sure Terger attends and anyone else who knew her."

"I know that Custodio Vecchi knew her. I don't think the wizard ever met her," Oakfirst says with a grin. "That would have been as interesting to watch as Relgar's first meeting with Rhodes."

"Agreed," Lavia says with a tinkering laugh.

"What happened?" Lady Pomander groans, then she waves her hands. "No, wait! On second thought I don't want to know."

"Sam," Oakfirst says.

Lady Pomander is shocked by his informality. "What!?"

"Never mind," he says with a sigh.

"Find Lord Roland and any of the other missing diggers," she insists as she stands and becomes 'The Lady' once again. "Alive or dead. Call out every guard you can from the Military District. I want those ruins scoured and if there are any more of the reptilians in there, put them to the sword."

"Yes, Lady Pomander," Oakfirst replies.

She leaves as quickly as she arrived with guards in tow. Lavia and Carter attend to Lord Oakfirst as best as they can, leading him upstairs to his father's room. They lay him down on the bed before Carter rushes off to find the nearest cleric.

Carter's mind buzzes. 'Why didn't mi'lord go to the Temple District?'
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top