Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Quinn impatiently stands leaning more on one leg then the other, then shifts which leg he is standing on while waiting for the party to be ready to move on.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Caerth ignores the statues and model buildings. "I never understood the need of folk to disgrace stones to look like other things, in the name of 'civilization'," the half-orc mutters.

"Let's just move on. We've got a body to return to the grounds."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The next door and room:
Quinn impatiently stands leaning more on one leg then the other, then shifts which leg he is standing on while waiting for the party to be ready to move on.
Caerth ignores the statues and model buildings. "I never understood the need of folk to disgrace stones to look like other things, in the name of 'civilization'," the half-orc mutters.

"Let's just move on. We've got a body to return to the grounds."
"I can't see any reason to stay. Proceed." Bow in hand he follows the other out.
Aureus follows Phar out into the corridor and tries door opposite the one they just checked out. The door is held more firmly shut by the lichen growing on it. The wood is warped, yet when she waves Quinn forward to help her, the two of them manage to push the door open.

Inside is a darkness that is lit only by the pale late day sun filtering through shuttered stained-glass windows. Boards have been nailed over the shutters to kepp more of the light out of this old chapel. Pews lies scattered around on the floor in disarray, each defiled by claw marks. The entire room, the largest so-far, is coated with layers of dust. Unlike the rest of the chamber, however, the altar remains untouched bu both dust and defilement, as if some unseen force protects it from time and the evils that have befallen the tower.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Both intriguing and boring." Quinn looks completely confused by the dichotomy of dirt and defilement but the pristine condition of the alter. "How can this be?" He asks gesturing toward the alter.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Fascinating" Lorien comments to Phar in elven as they approach the altar.

Ooc: bardic knowledge for Lorien, also to determine the dedication of the altar.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar looks at the altar and tries to determine who it is dedicated too.
On the top of the altar is a holy symbol that Phar has seen before. It depicts a crossing of a longsword and staff surrounded by a blue aura. The symbol is that of Immotion, the North Goddess of Purity and Cleansing. Phar can tell that the altar is protected from the passage of time. He is certain that it is a magical prayer altar that can heal those with the purist of hearts who kneel before it and pay homage to the North Gods.

[sblock="Knowledge (Religion) Check"]Immotion is the Patron of Magic for the entire Pantheon of the North and epitomizes cleansing, magic, purity, rune magic, spellcasters, and spells. (In game terms, Immotion is a neutral good Intermediate goddess. Her domains are as follows: Good, Magic, Purity, Rune, Spell, and Water.)

Immotion is the daughter of Cronn and the wife of Jalivier (*), The Soldier of Light. Her mother isn't truly known. (Most legends believe she was formed from Cronn's tears after he first met the overgoddess of Kulan, Mirella.) Her primary worshipers are arcanists of all types except necromancers, but she is also worshiped by crusaders, monks, and paladins. (Cull [depicted in the previous room] is considered to be like her (adoptive) brother and/or uncle.) Her twisted, evil bother, Xuar, is one of the founding members of the Pantheon of Swords.

Of note for Phar is that the relations between many of the North Gods and the Elven Gods is very cordial. Cronn and his kin are considered allies (for the most part) to the demihuman races. Relations aren't as friendly as a thousand years ago, but recent events have begun to reconnect old alliances and friendships. Cronn is the continent's primary goodhearted barbarian god. Other North Gods and Goddess with very good relations to the elves are: Brenna, Casiia, the Daghdha, Damh, Draven, Kuil, Larea, Ramara, and Sanh.

*Jalivier was once a mortal.[/sblock]

"Fascinating" Lorien comments to Phar in elven as they approach the altar.
Lorien senses this place is holy to the North Gods that are primarily worshiped in the Northlands, as well as the human lands surrounding the Great Forest of Harqual. He isn't too surprised to find such and altar in the tower. After all, the tower was likely created by humans. Of course, the North Gods aren't like the evil Sword Gods. The Pantheon of the North is full of mainly good and neutral deities that share many (but not all) of the same traits as the Elven Gods.

The legends of the elves have long been intertwined with those of the North Gods. It is believed to be more fact than myth that Corellon fought alongside the North Gods against the Sword Gods during the last stages of the Divinity War that had threatened to sweep the Pantheon of the North from existence. It had been the death of the half elf, half barbarian god known as Seraph that brought the elves into the fight. Both Corellon and Cronn were Seraph's fathers while the outer plane known as the Beastlands was considered to be The Bloodbrother's mother.

Lorien tries to remember the story of Seraph's birth, but it eludes his mind, as he is distracted by a sense of calm in this place, a welcome change from the corridor behind him.

OOC: Phar's Knowledge (religion) check > 1d20+8=28 | Lorien's Bardic Knowledge check > 1d20+10=18

Scotley

Hero
"Yes, I thought it looked familiar. I know something of this Goddess." He goes on to relate what he knows of the Goddess and what he suspects about the altar and the magic taking place here. "We might gain some healing here. I don't know if my use of magic for sometimes destructive purposes would make me impure in her eyes. I know various crusader and those questing to destroy evil magic follow her. I wonder if that sword might tell us something?"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Yes, I thought it looked familiar. I know something of this Goddess." He goes on to relate what he knows of the Goddess and what he suspects about the altar and the magic taking place here. "We might gain some healing here. I don't know if my use of magic for sometimes destructive purposes would make me impure in her eyes. I know various crusader and those questing to destroy evil magic follow her. I wonder if that sword might tell us something?"
The light from Cruel Justice dims for a moment. Then it speaks. "The altar has no mind that I can detect." After a another moment of silence, the sword's glow brightens the entire room. "While I cannot see the room, it feels like a holy place for those who are good, regardless of whether they obey the law or not. I have heard of this Immotion goddess, and she does accept paladins into her service. Yet, she is a lover of magic not order. It is likely that all those that are good may pray here and receive a boon. Those more neutrally inclined likely won't be harmed but if you have evil in your heart, the altar might hurt you."

Remove ads