• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinn inwardly rolls his eyes at the nagging of the healers, "Ok, go ahead and hit me with a bit of healing."
Lorien casts a healing spell on himself and then uses his wand once to heal the worst of his injuries. He makes the rounds amongst the group with the wand. Once for Quinn, three times for Phar, and three more times for Aureus.

Caerth grins. "I'm only slightly hurt. But the day is not over yet, so we should be prepared."

The half-orc takes out a wand from within the folds of his clothes, bearing a remarkable resemblance to the ward utilized by Lorien. Speaking the command word, he heals himself before looking at the others. "Others need healing?"
Lorien expends several charges from his cure wand into the others after casting a healing spell on himself. The worst of the bard's injuries fade away. Quinn looks fine. Phar, however, look like he's still hurting from his encounter with the ooze.

Phar nods, "If you please. I've been rather unlucky today I fear."
Aureus retrieves her pack, which came off her while being squeezed by the ooze, She checks its contents and is glad to find her gear undamaged. The ooze's acid didn't have any effect on it. She pulls out a potion bottle and drinks it down.

Sensing Phar's need, Aureus offers him one of her potions, even after the magic from Lorien's healing wand takes effect.

Scotley

Hero
Phar holds up a hand and taking a cue from Aureus, checks his own pack hoping its magical nature has protected the contents. He comes out with a potion bottle of his own.

OOC: Potion of cure light wounds assuming it survived the attack.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar holds up a hand and taking a cue from Aureus, checks his own pack hoping its magical nature has protected the contents. He comes out with a potion bottle of his own.
Phar finds his pack and its contents undamaged. The ooze's crushing attack did more to him than to it, luckily. There aren't even any acid burns. Phar rmembers that an Ochre Jelly's acid only damages hair and skin of a living being. He also notes that the lichen on the walls seem to have some sort of immunity to the creature's acid. None of it was eaten away and, in fact, the lichen that is red in color seems to have brightened in color. Phar is certain that if the corridor was in complete darkness, the lichen would likely luminescence. The lichen is most likely a kindred plant of the ooze, but Phar is fairly certain it is harmless.

As he drinks his potion, Aureus, now healed, moves up and down the hall checking all of the doors to reaffirm to herself that none of them are trapped. She also looks up at the ceiling warily. She checks every corner of the corridor including beyond the gap in the wall. The door across from the billet-room seems to confound her.

She says to Phar, "No traps." She points at the door across from the billetroom. "Like outer door. Other doors not locked." She points down towards the gap. "More stairs. Up and down." She moves to the door that Quinn had planned to open before the ooze attacked and places her hand on the doorknob. She looks at the others to see if anyone objects to her opening it.

OOC: Search check: 1d20+13=33 | Holy moly! B-)

Reminder! When Aureus speaks, only Phar can truly understand her. Lorien can get some of it, but not all of it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Guessing the intent of her hand on the door knob means she is preparing to enter, Quinn takes his chain once again and raises it to show her he is ready.

Scotley

Hero
Phar quickly translates for the others and points out the odd lichen. "I can't say too much about it, but I suspect it glows and somehow benefited from the acid of the jelly. I think it is harmless." He nods in agreement with Aureus' plan to open the door.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Lorien stashes the wand into his seemingly bottomless quiver and draws his elven blade in the same motion. In his other hand he keeps the magical torch and with Phar nods at Aureus.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus opens the door. The lichen on the door holds it shut for a moment but she is able to force it to swing inward. The lichen on the doorframe doesn't extend more than half-a-foot along the inner walls of the chamber. The chamber is roughly 15 ft. by 15 ft. and looks to have once belonged to someone of importance. It is now dusty, stale, and silent. The furnishings are sparse yet unlike with the billetroom, they are intact with no rot. There is a simple bed and a table upon which sits old scale models of ornate buildings. Two statues depicting the North God of Strategy, Cull, stand at attention on either side of the door. The eyes of the statues seem to follow Aureus' and the others as they enter.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus silently pads around the room looking for any signs of traps or hidden compartments. She kneels down in the southwest corner of the room and picks up something covered in dust. She brings it to Phar after brushing most of the dust off of it.

Phar can see that it is a silver necklace with markings on it that show it to be a holy symbol. "It is possible that a priest once made this room his sanctuary." Phar holds the necklace up and compares it to the markings on the statues. "Those statues depict the deity known as Cull. The North God of Strategy."

Aureus points out one of the models to Phar. Phar looks at it with recognition. "I've seen that building before. It's the Ducal Palace of Minar City." Aureus and I saw it while passing through that duchy on our way to the Standlands." He scans the other models and then shakes his head. "I don't recognize the other buildings."

Last edited:

Remove ads