Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth nods. "We should get some rest. Under the heavens is what I would usually recommend, but not here. Remember that chapel? That is a good spot to recover."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Any where to find water? I am an offensively odorous mess." to emphasize his words, Quinn flings goo upon the ground off of his arm.

OOC: There was the well in the cellar that Aureus discovered. You can check to see if the water is any good. Climbing down would be hard, but the PCs could rig up a rope and a container of some sort.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by Scotley
"Curse that key! Where could it be?" complains Phar in frustration. "At least you may have found something of value. I should think that shield would be rusted after a soaking in that creature's acid filled guts. It may well be magical." He surveys his companions and his brow furrows in consternation. "I feel we must be close, but we are in no condition to continue. It would be folly to get into another fight now. We need a place of safety and some time to recover."
Originally Posted by Scott DeWar
"Yes, I agree, I need to get cleaned up from those guts."
Originally Posted by JustinCase
Caerth nods. "We should get some rest. Under the heavens is what I would usually recommend, but not here. Remember that chapel? That is a good spot to recover."
Originally Posted by Scott DeWar
"Any where to find water? I am an offensively odorous mess." to emphasize his words, Quinn flings goo upon the ground off of his arm.

OOC: There was the well in the cellar that Aureus discovered. You can check to see if the water is any good. Climbing down would be hard, but the PCs could rig up a rope and a container of some sort.
Originally Posted by Scotley
"The chapel was good for us last time. Let's go." He wrinkles his nose and nods, "Water would be good as well."
Heading back into the tower, the group of heroes head through the cellar. Needing water, Quinn checks the well. It does have water at the bottom but he can't tell how good it is from the lip of the well. The group will have to rig up something to get at it or have someone climb down, which looks treacherous.

Heading up the stairs to the chapel to ensure a safe haven for rest, the group finds Lord Pendour's body where they left it, wrapped and placed near the altar. The altar is a wonderful sight and a good respite for the wary and weary adventurers. The altar's sanctuary will likely protect them through the night.

But first, they will need a plan to get at the water in the well, safely.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Aureus eyes the well skeptically noticing the sheer surface of the inner walls and then her face brightens like i torch was just ignited. She sets her bag down and rummages through it till she finds a rope which she holds above her head triumphantly before saying in broken common exclaims,
"MAGIKALL!"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lorien watches Aureus, clearly doubting the likeliness of this endeavor working out as planned, and says "Do kindly let me know if you should manage to actually get semi-clean water out of that thing, I am a bit parched to be honest. If you pull out something living please warn the rest of us, that way no more than one of us gets eaten by any strange well-creatures. Oh, and do try to kill the thing during the fall, if you can manage, or just focus on impending death, whatever makes you a little less afraid so you won't scream loud enough to let everything in here know our position." Lorien had never previously heard of any hostile well-creatures, but that wouldn't stop him from making it up and going with it. He was, after all, a bard by trade, greatest in the world according to himself. Making up 'facts' almost came natural to him, when wiring stories and otherwise, when necessary. He smiled and pretended to be sure of what he said, not wanting to be caught trying to scare the others with made up creatures, but also not wanting to pass up the chance for a good laugh.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"Wait wait wait. no one needs to go down. I have this: " he digs in his kit and produces an iron pot. "we tie the rope on the handle and lower it down into the well and draw up the water. Simple."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar smiles at the quickly assembled water recovery device. "You are most ingenious and well equipped companions. Let's see if the water is potable, or at least cleaner than we are." he adds ruefully.

Remove ads