Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Originally Posted by JustinCase
Caerth nods. "Fungi are harmless. Don't eat them."

The half-orc motions towards the bag with the X. "That bag has the key?"
Originally Posted by Scott DeWar
"Only one way to find out . . . . . ." Quinn takes his travel cloak and cuts off a portion. Then tying it around his nose and mouth ,he looks to the others, "Are you ready?"
Quinn carefully examines the torn sack. Spilling from it is a strange looking violet powder. Quinn notes that several of the dead rats are located very close to the bag. The powder might have killed them, but he's not entirely sure. If the key is inside, he'll have to dump the rest of the powder out of the sack or dig into the powder with his hand to known for sure.

Originally Posted by Scotley
Phar shudders as he glances down the pit. "I concur I don't believe the fungi are a threat unless one were to consume them. Or perhaps slip on their damp sliminess." He adds with another glance at the well. He turns to Aureus, "Your keen eyes have saved us much suffering I think my friend. Quinn I am ready, what has our intrepid little friend found now?"
"Traps are my specialty," Phar has noticed that Aureus' grasp of Harqualian elvish has improved over the last day. The intense interaction of language is improve her ability to communicate with Phar and the others. "Happy in help," she says in broken Common.

OOC: DM`s Note: Taking a break from the rebuild to eat lunch and watch M*A*S*H.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar eyes the mysterious powder and the dead rats. "I suggest you cover your mouth if you are going to stir that powder up. Clearly there is some danger here as well. I would suggest you not get it on your skin."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth looks pensive. "Don't know why people try to poison certain creatures, always changes the natural balance. Killing some rats makes owls and cats more rare, resulting in an overpopulation of mice and thus ruined crops."

The druid thinks back on his teachings to find any knowledge related to poison and whether it affects the creatures who prey on the poisoned animals.

OOC: Could you please roll a Knowledge (nature) check for me, or another relevant roll?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth looks pensive. "Don't know why people try to poison certain creatures, always changes the natural balance. Killing some rats makes owls and cats more rare, resulting in an overpopulation of mice and thus ruined crops."

The druid thinks back on his teachings to find any knowledge related to poison and whether it affects the creatures who prey on the poisoned animals.
Caerth thinks back to a conversation he once had with Aeron, 'Most normal poisons and venoms, Caerth, become inert in the body of the victims once the poison has done its work. Very rarely will the poison affect another creature that comes along and eats the carcass of the poisoned victim. The true test is time. If the poisoned animal has only been dead a short time, there may still be traces of the poison in the creatures blood. If the dead animal smells more rancid than normal, there is likely still poison in the carcass. It's best not to touch it. Magical poisons and venoms from unnatural, on the other hand, can remain deadly for years after they've killed a victim'.

Caerth is fairly certain that poison that killed the rats won't harm any of them that cuts into them looking for the key. As long as the rats don't smell horrible beyond the normal decay. Inspecting the rats, he can tell the carcasses are desiccated, and he detects no pungent odors. Rats sometimes carry a disease called filth fever, however, so the carcasses should be handled with care.

OOC: Knowledge (Nature) >> 1d20+15=21

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth nods to himself. "The poison is probably harmless by now. Rats do carry diseases, however, so be careful."
"While you deal with those," Aureus says to Caerth and Phar in Elven. "I'll make sure the door isn't trapped." She moves over to an area of the clutter that is piled up along the far wall, away from the mold. She pushes several piles of clothes off a crate, which exposes the top of a wooden door. She checks around the crate and door for traps and then looks back at the others. She notes the unusual looks on their faces. "What? Door was hided. She-me say earlier, okay?" Her broken Common speech is halting.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Quinn is definitely giving her an odd look for finding the door that was totally hidden by the clutter. He blinks a couple times then shakes his head.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth ignores her and focuses on the dead rat. A large key would be obvious because the broken body would not be able to bend as expected, but a small key... Taking the rat in his large hands, the half-orc decides to be blunt. Pulling with both hands while facing away from the others, the strong druids literally pulls the dead rat apart.

Holding half a rat in each hand, Caerth looks for obvious signs of a key.

OOC: Do you want me to make a roll for this?

Remove ads