Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Listen; Wisdom: 1D20+4-10 = [11]+4-10 = 5; 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

Between bears growling and the cultists running around and yelling to each other, Maur sees only one thing. The champion of the cult is still alive. Not long, if the bear holds out, but he knows such spells don't last long.

He steps toward Hilrasean, hoping the bear will hold out for few heartbeats more as he finishes off the cultist in the shadows. First swing connects heavily and the one following immediately after flies through the empty shadows as the cultist slumps dead under the swing. The shadows dissipate with the life energy of the fallen.

TL;DR: hits cultist AC 21 for 13 damage

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth heard the centaur clearly, but he has no idea what Angus just shouted.

"What?" he yells back, gripping his dagger more tightly, ready for anything but keeping his eyes on the fleeing bard.
While Caerth can clearly hear the centaur, he has no idea where the shouting came from as sound seems to echo constantly in these corridors. He notices Hirasean is struggling in vain to escape from the black bear. More than likely the bear will finish the enemy warrior off soon or Quinn and Maur will. He turns his attention back towards the bard just in time to watch her disappear out of sight. She is clearly not coming back into the fight.

Back at the intersection of the western and northern corridors, Meridith overcomes her stupor from the sound burst spell. "I heard him," she says as she picks up her bow and the torch off the floor.

"Did you understand what Angus said?" Aureus asks.

Meridith shakes her head.

"Mer, you're okay, right?" Wieland asks.

"I'm fine," she retorts with a glare.

"She's fine, go help Timmins," Aureus orders.

The young soldier nods and rushes down the northern corridor to fight alongside the older warrior. He risks the cultist's mace in order to get into a better fighting position. The cultist swings his mace but Wieland easily dodges the blow.

OOC: Wieland double moves. | Cultist - AoO on Wieland: 1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13; 1D8+1 = [1]+1 = 2

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus slices at the wounded cultist, but the wiley little cretin ducks under the blow just in time. Angus tries to bash his companion, but the other cultist manages to put his arms up in time, rolling with the blow, and comes out of the situation none the worse for wear.

Angus curses, "Raet fayerts!"

1489C4E6-6B8A-4784-9EA0-F1F6BD947953.jpeg

Translation: "Rat Farts!" :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Caerth can sense the cultist standing next to him is on his last legs. The man seems to know it too. Instead of continuing to flee he unties his his mace from his belt and swings it at Caerth in hopes of hurting the half-orc druid. Caerth can tell the man is on the defensive though.

The man can barely lift his weapon and his swing is so weak that Caerth has time to watch the other cultist down the corridor run away. The fleeing foe is soon out of sight.

OOC: Cultist is fighting defensively (-4 to attack; +2 to AC)
Cultist - Fighting Defensively with Heavy Mace: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11
1D8+1 = [5]+1 = 6
(miss)

Listen; Wisdom: 1D20+4-10 = [11]+4-10 = 5; 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17

Between bears growling and the cultists running around and yelling to each other, Maur sees only one thing. The champion of the cult is still alive. Not long, if the bear holds out, but he knows such spells don't last long.

He steps toward Hirasean, hoping the bear will hold out for few heartbeats more as he finishes off the champion. The swing connects heavily as the champion stops moving under the bulk of the bear.

TL;DR: hits champion AC 21 for 13 damage
After Maur's hammer connects, Hirasean is knocked unconscious again. The bear continues to hold the fallen champion down and it growls at Maur as if to say, "my food."

'There is no way, he still lives thinks Quinn to himself as he advances towards the prone warrior. upon arrival he stabs and slashes at him hoping to end this once and for all.

+13+2[recitation]/1d6+4
Att, Dam: 1D20+15 = [14]+15 = 29;1D6+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Maur reaches Hirasean moments before Quinn can strike. The champion stops struggling and the bear becomes territorial.

"Hold," Cruel Justice says. "I will not be this man's executioner when he is unconscious. There is no honor in that. He and any of the others still left alive after the battle must be brought to justice for their crimes." The blade goes silent for a moment. "But if he should die while we deal with his allies, so be it."

OOC: Does Quinn still strike?

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Quinn submits to the code of honor, as he had doon in the arenas and moves on to another, more deserving target.

OOC: if I can move another 30 feet for a standerd action, he can move 1 square south east and 4 squares south for 25 foot movement

Quinn moves on to stand next to the druid and says, "go, I will deliver justice to this one"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Phar comes back to his sense a moment before the cultist standing next to him. He has time to pick up his longsword and swings it at the man without remorse. He tried to lure him and Angus into a trap, so mercy is not on Phar's mind. The blade slices into the cultist's chest moment before man is no longer stunned.

The cultist gasps in pain and cutches at the wound. He notes that his mace and shield are on the floor by his feet and that he has little chance against Phar without his weapon. He moves away from both of them while drawing his dagger. Hopefully, he can get away without the paragon elf skewering him.

It turns out to be a grave mistake. Phar's natural skills take over and his blade is soon deep into the man's gut. The man goes down in the corridor. Phar turns to Angus and asks in Centaur, "Now, what did you just say? I didn't understand."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The duergar, Xander, mentally curses his bad luck. He was trying to be so careful, but he bumped into the open door, which drew the eyes of the centaur. Xander was sure the horse man heard him but didn't see him, but the reverse seems to have been true. He knows he has only moments to get away. Luckily, he had had enough warning to gather a few of his belongings and cast both mage armor and invisibility on himself.

Xander needs to get away fast and trying to get past the centaur isn't an option. He bolts around the door, risking moving at top speed. His only hope is to get by the others in the northern corridor without them being able to block him or hear & see him. It's a risk moving quickly, but he senses the centaur would be a more dangerous foe.

He scurries past the young warrior and Aries first. He knows the veteran cultist won't give him away, as the plan he gave them was that he'd get behind these foes and fireball them from behind. Bah! Like he'd die for a few cultists. Anselm and Tarrak don't pay him enough for him to throw his life away against a bunch of adventurers.

Besides, Xander knows the Lords of Malotoch are already aware of what is going on and have prepared a surprise for these heroes. While they are storming the temple, rooks are on their way to attack Carnell itself. Xander knows that Tarrak will likely slip away before these invaders can get to him. Anselm has orders to stay and fight, but the Cleric of Works will likely flee too, if he hasn't already.

Xander also knows that once night falls, ghouls and ghasts will attack Carnell in force. If he can't get away from these foes, he will use the information to barter for his life.

Xander - Hide and Move Silently (Double Move while Invisible): 1D20+7+20-5 = [4]+7+20-5 = 26
1D20+11-5 = [5]+11-5 = 11 Pfft! :ROFLMAO:

DCs Before Distance Applied
Spot and Listen DCs to Notice: Spot > 26 -5 = DC 21, Listen > DC 11
Spot and Listen DCs to Locate: Spot > 41 - 5 = DC 36, Listen > DC 26

Angus: same as above.
— Angus cannot continue to locate Xander once the deurgar moves beyond where the centaur can see.

Timmins and Wieland: Spot > Notice: DC 26, Listen > DC 16; Locate: Spot > DC 42, Listen > DC 31
— Both Timmins and Wieland are distracted (+5 to DCs).

Phar and Meridith: Notice: Spot > DC 23, Listen > DC 13; Locate: Spot > DC 38, Listen > DC 28
— Phar cannot continue to locate Xander once the deurgar moves beyond where the paragon elf can see.

Aureus: Notice: Spot > DC 22, Listen > DC 12; Locate: Spot > DC 37, Listen > DC 27

Rolls on OOC thread.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus says, in Centaurian, "I saw someone moving over there, in the light! He must be hidden by magic! He is nearly invisible, I barely saw an outline of his shape!"

Angus points again with his blade at the last place he saw the figure.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus says, in Centaurian, "I saw someone moving over there, in the light! He must be hidden by magic! He is nearly invisible, I barely saw an outline of his shape!"

Angus points again with his blade at the last place he saw the figure.
Just as he points to where the figure was, it disappears into nothingness. Angus can clearly hear the foe moving around the open door and the down the north corridor, yet as the footfalls continue to recede away, the centaur cannot pinpoint their movement.

Phar looks to where the centaur is pointing and sees the shimmer in the light for just a second and can hear the foe moving too. "An invisible wizard, most likely. We must get through these cultists and stop them before they can cast again," Phar replies.

The invisible foe traverses past the fight in the north corridor easily. Wieland doesn't notice the foe's movement but Timmins does notice. "Lad, something just went by us! I couldn't see it but I heard it!"

"Really?" I didn't hear anything," Wieland replies.

"I hear him!" Aureus shouts. She closes her eyes and lets her ears guide her. "There you are!" She points at the foe just as he stops moving.

"I see him," Meridith says with surprise in her voice. She waves the sputtering torch in one hand and the foes forms shimmers in the reflection and contrast of the light cast from the torch and the red glow coming from the open double doors.

Then, the torches sputtering ceases and its light goes out.

"Damn!" Meridith swears. "Now I can't see anything!"

OOC: Phar - Spot and Listen check: 1D20+12 = [11]+12 = 23
1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

The torch goes out, so there is only the red glow coming from the open double doors. That glow shines shadowy conditions out to 20 feet beyond the doorway, so Angus, Phar (†), Timmins, and Wieland are in shadowy illumination while Aureus and Meridith are in total darkness. Both Angus and Aureus have their 60 foot darkvision.
† The shadowy illumination is 40 feet for Phar due to his low-light vision.

Cruel Justice sheds bright light up to 10 feet, which means both Quinn and Caerth are in full light while Maur is in shadowy illumination. Both Caerth and Maur have their darkvision, so aren't affected by the reduced light up to 60 feet and 90 feet, respectively

End of Round 13

Remove ads