Kulan: Knightfall's Heroes of Carnell Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Angus' mind is alive with varying strategies, chasing the cultists down, trampling them, dragging them up and down the hallway...

Angus muses to himself: ~Nay. Raemaember wha' tha chaeften aleways sade: Kape et saemple.~

Angus moves forward into the darkness, where his Darkvision serves him well; he can see the two, fleeing cultists; he saunters up to the nearest one, and takes a casual swipe at him.

The swipe is a bit too casual; it whooshes just above the cultist's head, missing him by not much, causing the cultist to meekly "yelp!" with fear.

Angus says, "Ah, coom 'ere ye beg baby!"
The cultist turns towards Angus with his eyes wide with fear. It's the first man who ran away. He begins begging for his life, loudly. "Please! No more! You win! Have Mercy!"

Angus can see the other cultist fleeing down the corridor. He is another 20 feet away from Angus and show no signs of stopping.

Phar watches Angus rush around the corridor and knows he should go after the centaur. Who knows what might lie ahead? He looks back towards Aureus and the others. The other corridor looks... crowded. He moves up to stand next to Wieland. "Go back, you won't be of much use in the dark. Make sure Meridith keeps that torch lit so those without enhanced sight can see." He continues around the corner and rushes past Angus to stand next to the cultist who yelled out his surrender. He switches his bow to his off hand and draws his masterwork longsword as he moves. He points the sword at the cultist. "Drop your weapon and shield and we might consider your surrender." Phar senses the man seems desperate with fear. His wounds are severe but not life threatening, yet.

"Either heal me or get rid of the bears," Hirasean says calmly to cultists gathered behind him.

The cultist flanking one of the bears with Thomke nods, retrieves his mace from his belt, and attacks the bear. The strike is a strong one, against the bear at least, and the weapon cracks the bear's front shoulder. The bear roars in anger and turns towards mace-wielding cultist. The other cultist tries to heal Hirasean instead of himself even though the bear mauled him. The man barely manages to get the spell off without the bear mauling him again. The third cultist unties his mace from his belt and swings the weapon at the bear standing adjacent to him. The swing is a feeble one and bear barely notices the man.

The dwarf grins.
"You're good...well, skilled, not Good. You know Good only when it smacks you in the FACE! And you need to update your religion. Moradin is The Forge-Father, not some farmer's god. Dwarves work with proper durable stone, not dirt."

He calls out to Moradin
"Moradin, All-Father, help me to win against this deluded champion."
Empowered by his faith, he slams the hammer twice again against the champion's flagging body.
"Heal this! Bard! Where are you? This one needs your song, stop healing yourself!" Maur taunts
The blows from the hammer seem to stagger Hirasean. If the other cultist hadn't healed him a moment before, Maur senses the man might have fell. "Too strong," the man whispers to himself. His breath is ragged once more as the first blow cracked more ribs and the second one slammed into his knee with a resounding crack. "Malotoch, give me y- your strength. I- I am faithful."

A moment later...
Quinn looks to the cultist [Thomke?] , with pity and says, "For that, your judgement will be death." he take the scimitar in both hands and attempts to bring his proclamation to truth.
The blade slices the man's shoulder on the first strike and the second strike slashes deep into Thomke's chest. Blood pours out of the man and he falls down on top of the two other fallen cultists he was standing over. He didn't have the strength to even cry out. Quinn watches as the magic that gave him demon claws fades with his death and he is left with only one hand again.

"Justice serves the righteous and lawful," Cruel Justice intones. Its inner light brightens and the corridor is soon glowing with an intense white light.

Angus and Quinn watch the expression on the cultist's face change from fright to menace. "Now! Do it now!" He yells. He quickly attempts to cast a spell on himself but he messes up the casting. "Damn!"

Behind him, Angus hears the sound of doors opening and metal scraping on stone.

OOC: Okay, the square with the three fallen cultists now counts as difficult terrain and costs two squares to move into/through. | The cultist that Angus attacked and missed yells out a command and tries to cast a protective spell on himself but the spell fizzles.

Last edited:

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
a door opens and 3 more cultists come through, one barking orders

listen check: 1D20-6 = [4]-6 = -2
[wisdom +2; noise of combat -10; one man barking orders wanting to be heard +2]

The sounds of battle all about the gladiator is all he focuses on, the immediate threats being his main targets, with sounds of what is lawful and right being spoken in his unconciese mind by cruel justice.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
As the two bears, one injured and one perfectly healthy, continue to assault the cultists, Caerth as an owl uses the distraction to fly over the battle.

Once on the other side, he drops down behind the woman and changes back to his impressive half-orc form.

”This ends here,” he growls menacingly, one hand still holding the magical dagger Kang.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
As the two bears, one injured and one perfectly healthy, continue to assault the cultists, Caerth as an owl uses the distraction to fly over the battle.

Once on the other side, he drops down behind the woman and changes back to his impressive half-orc form.

”This ends here,” he growls menacingly, one hand still holding the magical dagger Kang.
The bear hurt by the cultist's mace swipes its claws and bites at the man. The cultist manages to avoid the first claw but takes the second one across his leg. He avoids the bears teeth by leaning back away from the animal. The other bear continues to maul at the cultist who healed the champion. The man manages to not get mauled by the bear's claws this time but the beast's bite snaps on his arm. He is bleeding from multiple wounds, but he seems unwilling to engage the bear.

Caerth notes the third cultist is standing right next to him and is enveloped in a gloom of magical darkness that even his darkvision can't pierce.

"Forget the bear," the bard orders her underling enshrouded in the veil of shadows. "Kill the druid." She makes the order with a sense of nonchalance. Her arrogance is apparent.

"Yes Lady Panthera," he says without hesitation.

JustinCase said:
OOC: I'm going to assume the bear would attack the cultist who injured it last round. The bear does 9 damage.

JustinCase said:
OOC: This bear attacks the same cultist as before and does 6 damage.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Meanwhile...
Angus and Phar watch as the other cultist who didn't shout out the order continues to keep running. He ally is shocked by the man's continued flight.

"Amada! You're supposed to help me! The plan!"

"That's Xander's plan not my plan!"
The other cultist yells as he retreats down the hallway.

Angus and Phar watch the man disappear down another corridor to the southeast. The man is soon out of sight.

Wieland moves back down the corridor to stand next to his cousin, right behind Aureus. He relates Phar's orders to her and motions for her to hold the light up high.

Brutus decides to go back to the brazier room and retrieve his axe. He ties the heavy mace to his belt so he will have a hand free to pick up his weapon. "I'm going to get my axe," he says to Timmins and the others. "I'll be right back."

Just after he rushes away, the double doors open at the end of the corridor where Wieland was standing moments before. A pale red light spills out into the corridor. The light is eerie and flickers. Three men rush out into the corridor. Two of them disappear beyond what the hutaaken rogue can see but one moves toward her and the others.

He stops and begins casting a spell. Sound bursts all around Aureus, Meridith, Timmins, and Wieland.

"Not again!" Wieland shouts. His ears start ringing. He looks at his cousin. "Mer, you okay?" She doesn't answer him as the magic stuns her into submission. Her bow and the torch drop to the floor of the corridor. "Mer!" Wieland yells with concern.

Aureus barks in pain and drops her bow. She tries to cover her ears but she can only stand and whimper like a hurt puppy.

"How many of these bastards are there?" Timmins says. "Wieland, I have to face this guy. Stay with your cousin and Aureus." He looks towards and Quinn and yells out to him. "More of them. At least three of them down towards where the centaur and Phar went! Aureus and Meridith are hurt!"

The other two cultists move bravely (or stupidly) towards Angus. Both of them forgo attacking with their maces and instead cast sound burst on him, Phar, and their fellow cultist. While both are careful not to give the centaur an opening, only one of them successfully manages to cast his spell. The other cultist bumps into the open door next to him and it ruins his casting.

"Not me, you fools!" The cultist yells just before his eyes go blank and he drops his mace and shield.

Phar's mind feels like it's going to split open and then he goes blank, unable to move. His ears are ringing and he drops his bow and longsword.

Timmins charges the cultist who released the sound burst on him and the others. His anger pushes him forward and he slams his blade against the cultist's arm. The wound isn't a severe one, but he's put himself in between the enemy and the youngsters.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Hirasean considers his odds. The dwarf is too strong. He knows he won't survive another round of strikes from but casting another heal will only buy him moments, maybe. He must retreat and hope that the summoned bears miss him. He knows the druid is also somewhere behind him and he will have to face the half-orc too. But anything is better than those hammer strikes. He chooses to withdraw and hope that either Lady Panthera can heal him enough once he's gotten through. It is a risk, but it is the only choice.

"I guess we will have to settle this another time, dwarf," he says before he rushes away. "Everyone fall back to the next choke point! Lady Panthera, you're with me!"

The bard doesn't wait for him. She rushes away as fast as she can move! She is careful to avoid Caerth as she withdraws from the fight. She doesn't look back to see if Hirasean made it through.

OOC: Both Hirasean and the bard withdraw from the fight. The two black bears and Caerth all get AoOs against Hirasean as he rushes past but Maur does not get one since the first square doesn't count as threatened during a withdraw. This also keeps Caerth from being able to make an AoO on Lady Panthera, but he doesn't have Combat Reflexes, regardless.

@JustinCase, make your AoOs for the bears and Caerth. Don't forget the +2 for Recitation. ;)

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Angus growls, "Aem a'gaeten tored ev ale thaes noisemaken ye liddle toords kape doen. Step et na!"
It has occurred to me that the phonetic spelling of the Scottish accent might be hard for some people to follow. So here's what Angus is saying:

"I'm getting tired of all this noisemaking you little turds keep doing. Stop it now!"
Angus hits AC 21 for 15 pts. damage.
00D22275-46F3-43FD-8EA7-F356FB109B0F.jpeg

Angus concentrates on the cultist he just struck; as the cultist had been casting his spell, Angus had stabbed him in the shoulder. The cultist's chainmail had taken the brunt of the strike, allowing only an inch or so of penetration, resulting in a mere trickle of blood, along with a really bad bruise.

This time, Angus brought his blade down on the cultist's collar bone, on the left side, having a bit more success this time. Angus actually manages to split several rings of his opponent's mail coat, allowing the blade to bite more deeply.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Both bears maul at Hirasean as he attempts to flee, and Caerth likewise lashes out - with the magical dagger Kang this time.

As the bloodthirsty blade hits its target, an eagerness for more carnage wells up in the half-orc again.

"Stop them!" he rumbles, watching the so-called Lady Panthera and the champion run down the corridor.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Both bears maul at Hirasean as he attempts to flee, and Caerth likewise lashes out - with the magical dagger Kang this time.

As the bloodthirsty blade hits its target, an eagerness for more carnage wells up in the half-orc again.

"Stop them!" he rumbles, watching the so-called Lady Panthera and the champion run down the corridor.
Both bears slash out with their claws and hurt Hirasean, badly, as he passes through the maze of people and animals. By the time he gets close enough to Caerth, he knows he won't make it. Caerth can sense it too. The man has no strength left in him and Kang sinks in and puts the man down at the feet of the cultist surrounded by the veil of shadows. Caerth senses the man isn't truly dead, just unconscious.

Angus growls, "Aem a'gaeten tored ev ale thaes noisemaken ye liddle toords kape doen. Step et na!"

Angus concentrates on the cultist he just struck; as the cultist had been casting his spell, Angus had stabbed him in the shoulder. The cultist's chainmail had taken the brunt of the strike, allowing only an inch or so of penetration, resulting in a mere trickle of blood, along with a really bad bruise.

This time, Angus brought his blade down on the cultist's collar bone, on the left side, having a bit more success this time. Angus actually manages to split several rings of his opponent's mail coat, allowing the blade to bite more deeply.
The cultist has found himself trapped between the centaur and the open door, as Angus's lance, first, thumps the man on the shoulder and then slams deep into the man's collarbone. The cultist puts his back to the door and tries his best not to lose his footing.

OOC: I thought Angus was still using his lance? Did you have him drop it?

All three of the cultists react differently to their champion falling in battle. The cultist facing his own doom against the claws of the bear casts a quick orison to stabilize Hirasean. The second cultist casts a more powerful healing spell into his champion and then rushes forward to try to block Maur's path to Hirasean.

"You will have to kill me first!" He shouts in defiance.

The cultist by the other bear simply turns around and runs away, leaving Hirasean to his fate, much to the surprise of the cultist who just ran forward towards Maur.

Hirasean eyes open and he gasps in air through shredded lungs. He lies on the ground bleeding but alive. "Why am I still alive? I should be with my goddess... Who has robbed me of my glorious death!"

OOC: Cultist - Concentration check (DC 15) for Cure Minor Wounds: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25 (success)
Cultist - Concentration check (DC 17): 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22 (success)
Cultist - Cure Moderate Wounds: 2D8+4 = [2, 2]+4 = 8
Third cultist withdraws from combat.
No AoOs since both bears and Caerth have made their AoOs for this round and don't have Combat Reflexes.

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
"Justice will not be denied." states Quinn coldly as me moves over the pile of dead cultists.

move 1 square south, attack cultist in shadow
recitation+2
attack:
_: 1D20+17 = [2]+17 = 19
Damage:
_: 1D6+5 = [1]+5 = 6
not flanking so only a 17

The cultist in front of him dodges and ducks erratically causing the application of skill to the attack to be nothing more then a glancing blow, and it too was just barely made by a chance act in the chaos of battle. the damage was barely enough to have drawn blood with a lesser weapon.

Last edited:

Remove ads