Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I'll try diplomacy, it is hardly an attack if two animals start a ruccus. Please don't post an attack until i put up a post

Unseen servant spells says Akos has to tell the servant what to do. I assume it takes a verbal command which i couldn't do in the discussion.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: I'll try diplomacy, it is hardly an attack if two animals start a ruccus. Please don't post an attack until i put up a post

Unseen servant spells says Akos has to tell the servant what to do. I assume it takes a verbal command which i couldn't do in the discussion.
OOC: Well, I'm headed to bed. So, you have time to write your post exactly how you want.

But, I still want an initiative roll for Akos and the other PCs. Note that your Diplomacy check for the DMK will keep him from attacking this round unless someone attacks him. Also, Arnora won't attack the PCs in round one, as she doesn't want the situation to end violently.

@JustinCase, I want you to roll a Handle Animal check to keep Mutt from trying to eat the cat familiar (assuming Mutt beats both Tuck and the cat's initiative rolls). The DC is 10. You and I have already established that Mutt is not a fan of cats and it has gotten him into trouble before.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
As Lowenan loses his cool and proves he actualy hoped for combat, just was under orders - Akos considers his options. While they probably could win here, it would be a hard fight. And with the demon incoming, with mimic in the room, it could quickly become deadly. And he himself could risk calming emotions here...but who knows if that wouldn't disable his group? In the end, he concludes he needs to stop this in its tracks.

Drawing upon supernatural charm of his fey patron he strikes his staff into the stone tiles.
"No! Stop this! This has nothing to do with honor or the lack thereof, just two animals going after their natures. Tuck! Control your dog! Tim, don't kill anyone!

Lowenan, you gave your word we can leave and the dog attacking the cat is not a provocation, but an accident. You knew Tuck and Mutt are here somewhere and we didn't know about the cat! Stop your men, there is no treachery from our side. Don't force Arnona and Siagords decision."

He motions quickly toward the knight guarding the genie, but his motions are semi-invisible behind Tims bulk and Rizvan.

"Arnona, Silagord, don't attack or cast! Custodio, Breva, Vincenco, everyone! don't attack them if they don't attack first. We're not the enemies here. Lowenan, peace! Your master needs time and a message passed to The Five.

And Musummaar, you don't haveto send that demon. Doing so is an irrevocable act of aggression against Bluffside. You just said itbis not something Phoenix woold want."

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Stop!" Tuck orders Mutt to quit assaulting the cat.

"You were supposed to chase it off, not catch it," he mutters warily, coming forward to hold the dog by its fur. Not that the little kobold stands any chance of holding back the large canine, but hopefully his touch will calm the animal.

OOC:
But, I still want an initiative roll for Akos and the other PCs.

Tuck initiative: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
(If on its own initiative) Initiative Mutt: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

@JustinCase, I want you to roll a Handle Animal check to keep Mutt from trying to eat the cat familiar (assuming Mutt beats both Tuck and the cat's initiative rolls). The DC is 10. You and I have already established that Mutt is not a fan of cats and it has gotten him into trouble before.
Handle Animal: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12
Whew! :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: Wasn't there a conclusion that Mutt goes with Tuck, not on his own?
OOC: There was a couple of times that I rolled initiative for @JustinCase when he was busy and I had them use the same initiative. But for the fight with the gargoyle golem, I think they had different initiatives. I'll leave it up to JustinCase to decide if he wants Mutt to act on the same initiative as Tuck. I've already noted that I'm going to let him have Tuck stop Mutt from attacking (ruled as a one-time immediate action), so it really doesn't matter. The cat isn't going to get eaten.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Round One Begins (Maybe?)
Lowenan moves to the table and picks up his rapier. He unsheathes his blade and drops the sheath on the table. He turns to look at Tim backing out of the room. "I will not stand by while you friends dishonor my soldiers," the ex-commander says. "Your kobold friend is poor company, knight."

"Send the fire demon through the portal," Musummaar yells at someone from the other side of the portal. "Quickly now! And don't set off any of those wards! We don't need an energy backlash!"

The portal shifts and the image of the alien creature begins to get larger, as if the portal is moving towards the fire demon. There is a roar from the other side of the portal.

"No! Lowenan! Musummaar, don't do this!" Lady Arnona pleads. "You know that thing is too dangerous! I don't care what Phelix told you, he won't be able to control it once its here! You said it was a gambit, nothing more!"

Musummaar says nothing and Lowenan glares at her. He motions for his men to attack. "If you will not fight with us, then I suggest you stay out of the way, Arnona. I doubt even the Loremaster can hold back my blade now."

Custodio curses loudly. "I knew we couldn't trust him!" He quickly moves back into the room and sets himself next to Tim to watch the big knight's back. "I keep this one off of you!" He says to Tim motioning to the man against the southern wall.

The knight tries to see if Akos is still trying to communicate with him with sign language. He is puzzled by the conflicting visuals around the room. Lowenan and the others seem poised to attack, except for the one he knows is named Arnona. She seems to be pleading for Lowenan to stop. Could the lore-wizard have enchanted her without him knowing Akos had done so? He keeps his blade ready but does not advance. Only the man decked out in the regalia of the Regulars seems eager to fight. The tall man doesn't look like he's going to charge.

The mimic begins gnashing its teeth. It moves awkwardly out of the niche and clumps towards the magic circle with the genie. It plops itself down next to her and seems content to stand guard over the elemental being.

OOC:
Lowenan moves to the table and picks up his blade and then unsheathes it. That is a 5-ft. step and two move actions. Dropping the sheath is a free action. Musummaar sets in motion the portal opening to send the creature through to the temple room.

Custodio moves into the room and stands back to back with Tim. The DMK readies an action.

The mimic double moves to be right next to magic circle.

Last edited:

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Falen:
Observing the room and assessing the deteriorating state of affairs, he evaluates in a moment a series of options. His mind works in that manner, assessing options and eliminating the least tenable outcomes. However, sometimes despite best efforts, clarity doesn't proceed from the act of assessment & elimination. He is listening to the conversation and observing the room, the portal, the magic circle, and the like. He is is not completely comfortable in open combat, especially with his magicked knife spent for the day versus the gargoyle. He much prefers stealth and un-ceremonial flank and rear attacks. However, in this situation, he is much less vexed by the room's combatants (after all, Tim and Breva, among others, appear to be very capable combatants) than he is the portal and the demon coming through it. The discussion of Phelix vs. the Five and these portal experiments reach deeply to tempt Falen's insatiable inquisitiveness. Other worlds? Splendidly amazing! Falen already knew enough about the Five to be sufficiently unimpressed by their mystique. However, this game of joust with joining his rabble or face this demon was supremely reckless. And allowing this intemperate Loweran fellow to lead this charge makes this offer to join them disingenuous. Falen scans the mimic...is it a shapechanger, a familiar, or a charmed aberration? It clearly is there, along with the deaf knight, to guard the trapped genie. He focuses on the genie for a moment. The caster of the magic circle that entraps the genie must be in the room; magic as powerful as the genie's would require one's presence. Why bind a genie when they have a demon on the other side of the portal?
He realizes it nearly as soon as he contemplates it. And...

...He instantly regrets what he does next, as it dramatically could up the ante for him. Nevertheless, the demon must be kept to the other side. Everyone else in the room be damned; perhaps outside of the room as well. It's a guess, not out of character from his typical decision trees, but not routine either. So much at stake. He says a quick prayer to Tyche for luck.

In the Old Tongue, he shouts toward the trapped Genie, and then toward Arnona, the Mimic and perhaps the Deaf Knight as well, hoping one of them understands the language.

"Genie, you are being abused. I intend to do everything I can to stop it. Help with all your might if you can.
Arnona, you are noble and righteous, and I find myself taken by your righteousness, but holding the genie trapped to power this portal, not to mention this other creature, is wrong and reckless and dangerous. You know this is wrong. You must stop this madness."

It is less an attempt at diplomacy than an attempt to gather the attention of those in the room who might understand the language.

To his party members closest and quietly: "Akos, Tim. I believe Arnona is powering the portal by trapping the genie. If they draw first blood, we must seal the portal off. Do you understand? "

And he thinks to himself, "I hope that I am not wrong." And he closes his eyes.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Falen:
Observing the room and assessing the deteriorating state of affairs, he evaluates in a moment a series of options. His mind works in that manner, assessing options and eliminating the least tenable outcomes. However, sometimes despite best efforts, clarity doesn't proceed from the act of assessment & elimination. He is listening to the conversation and observing the room, the portal, the magic circle, and the like. He is is not completely comfortable in open combat, especially with his magicked knife spent for the day versus the gargoyle. He much prefers stealth and un-ceremonial flank and rear attacks. However, in this situation, he is much less vexed by the room's combatants (after all, Tim and Breva, among others, appear to be very capable combatants) than he is the portal and the demon coming through it. The discussion of Phelix vs. the Five and these portal experiments reach deeply to tempt Falen's insatiable inquisitiveness. Other worlds? Splendidly amazing! Falen already knew enough about the Five to be sufficiently unimpressed by their mystique. However, this game of joust with joining his rabble or face this demon was supremely reckless. And allowing this intemperate Loweran fellow to lead this charge makes this offer to join them disingenuous. Falen scans the mimic...is it a shapechanger, a familiar, or a charmed aberration? It clearly is there, along with the deaf knight, to guard the trapped genie. He focuses on the genie for a moment. The caster of the magic circle that entraps the genie must be in the room; magic as powerful as the genie's would require one's presence. Why bind a genie when they have a demon on the other side of the portal?
He realizes it nearly as soon as he contemplates it. And...

...He instantly regrets what he does next, as it dramatically could up the ante for him. Nevertheless, the demon must be kept to the other side. Everyone else in the room be damned; perhaps outside of the room as well. It's a guess, not out of character from his typical decision trees, but not routine either. So much at stake. He says a quick prayer to Tyche for luck.

In the Old Tongue, he shouts toward the trapped Genie, and then toward Arnona, the Mimic and perhaps the Deaf Knight as well, hoping one of them understands the language.

"Genie, you are being abused. I intend to do everything I can to stop it. Help with all your might if you can.
Arnona, you are noble and righteous, and I find myself taken by your righteousness, but holding the genie trapped to power this portal, not to mention this other creature, is wrong and reckless and dangerous. You know this is wrong. You must stop this madness."

ooc: It is less an attempt at diplomacy than an attempt to gather the attention of those in the room who might understand the language.
The genie doesn't respond to Falen's words. It doesn't even move. It just hangs in midair... it's almost like the elemental being is frozen in a block of ice but without any ice encasing it.

The Deaf-Mute Knight makes a sign that only Akos and Lowenan can interpret.
"He knows I can't hear him, right?"

Lady Arnona turns to look at Falen when she here's her name. She doesn't seem to understand anything else he just said. "I have no idea what you just said, but it would be good if you stop shouting! You're going to make this situation worse with your blustering!"

Lowenan and the other ex-guards don't seem to understand what Falen is saying either. Lowenan seems bemused by Falen's outburst. He shakes his head. He keeps one eye on Tim as he speaks to Akos. "Loremaster, is this some sort of play to get us to drop our guard? I will not stand for false antics."

Aust Thale said:
To his party members closest and quietly: "Akos, Tim. I believe Arnona is powering the portal by trapping the genie. If they draw first blood, we must seal the portal off. Do you understand? "

And he thinks to himself, "I hope that I am not wrong." And he closes his eyes.
Custodio looks at Falen with a raised eyebrow and then says to Tim. "What did he just say? Does he know something we don't?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases