Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Breva advances around the perimeter of the room staying out of reach of the Fire Demon for now and makes his way to the Doppleganger switching bow for sword as he goes. From his position opposite Lowenan he attacks with a powerful stroke of the big blade. He says to his adjacent companion. "Let's finish this creature so I can heal the woman." He puts deed to word as the blade cuts deep.

OOC:
power attack and damage: 1D20+12 = [15]+12 = 27
2D6+11 = [4, 5]+11 = 20
"My thoughts exactly" agrees Vinccenzo.
While Breva tries to keep out of the reach of the fire demon, the creature is able to strike out at the young paladin with one of its fists. Its unnaturally long reach is able to hit Breva in the shoulder. There is a spark of flame that singes the young paladin's clothes and neck.

Breva's blade cuts a deep wound into the doppelganger, and 'Charvin' is surprised by the paladin's willingness to risk the pseudonatural creature's powerful strike.

OOC: From where Breva is in the room by the door, there is no way for him to move to the doppelganger without provoking an AoO from the fire demon. He's already in a threatened square and the pseudonatural creature has a 10-ft. reach. Breva was able to move into the room last round without taking an AoO because the ex-guard had rushed the AFD and took an AoO before the paladin's action.
The Portal Room_Round 3_Breva's Action.png

Alien Fire Demon - AoO vs. Breva: 1D20+13 = [13]+13 = 26
2D6+3 = [4, 6]+3 = 13
2D6 = [1, 1] = 2 (that's a hit)

Luckily the fire damage is minimum, but you still need to make a DC 17 Reflex save to avoid catching on fire. If the save is failed, then Breva takes an extra 1d6 fire damage for 1d4 rounds starting this round. Each round, you can roll a DC 17 Reflex save to put the flames out.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: More uselessness from the loremaster. Cursing is in Croatian and benign so...safe to translate :)

Loremaster sees Arnona fall and tries to save her. But he is hampered by the long reach of the creature and massive knight standing in front of him. He concentrates and points toward the fallen noble. The hands glow as he utters prayer to his patron and just as it culminates and the power discharges, chance movement from Tim bumping the much weaker and lighter priest spoils the spell. It fizzles harmlessly into the air.

"Do vraga i bestraga, zimski dvor me prati danas i kvari sve što radim!" he curses in Váryar

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: More uselessness from the loremaster. Cursing is in Croatian and benign so...safe to translate :)

Loremaster sees Arnona fall and tries to save her. But he is hampered by the long reach of the creature and massive knight standing in front of him. He concentrates and points toward the fallen noble. The hands glow as he utters prayer to his patron and just as it culminates and the power discharges, chance movement from Tim bumping the much weaker and lighter priest spoils the spell. It fizzles harmlessly into the air.

"Do vraga i bestraga, zimski dvor me prati danas i kvari sve što radim!" he curses in Váryar

Custodio watches as Akos healing blast fails to reach Arnona and he comes up with an idea. "Akos, Tuck, I'm going to try to help improve your aim. Be ready!"

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Big Tim marvels at the speed and accuracy afforded him by the Haste and Bless spells; although a more-than-competent swordsman in his own right, he can feel the magic guiding him, making him even faster, even more precise.

Tim declares in a loud voice, "Woe be to the foes of Syvatagor, for they are judged without leniency; thy own wickedness shall be thy undoing!"

OOC:
Base attack: 14/9/14
Haste & Bless: 16/11/16
Tim hits ACs: 31, 17, and 25.
That's two hits; Damage for each: 13 pts.
TOTAL DAMAGE INFLICTED: 26 pts.

Tim's blade is a blur, so much so that even this mighty foe can only manage to block one blow out of three.

Tim smiles as he notes the effectiveness of his attacks.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Big Tim marvels at the speed and accuracy afforded him by the Haste and Bless spells; although a more-than-competent swordsman in his own right, he can feel the magic guiding him, making him even faster, even more precise.

Tim declares in a loud voice, "Woe be to the foes of Syvatagor, for they are judged without leniency; thy own wickedness shall be thy undoing!"

OOC:
Base attack: 14/9/14
Haste & Bless: 16/11/16
Tim hits ACs: 31, 17, and 25.
That's two hits; Damage for each: 13 pts.
TOTAL DAMAGE INFLICTED: 26 pts.

Tim's blade is a blur, so much so that even this mighty foe can only manage to block one blow out of three.

Tim smiles as he notes the effectiveness of his attacks.
The blade slices into the fire demon and it roars at Tim in a rage. It counters against Tim and lands a solid slam against the large knight's chest, which burns him through his armor. Tim barely manages to get his shield up to block the fire demons second slam.

OOC:
Alien Fire Demon - Full Attack vs. Tim: 1D20+13 = [15]+13 = 28
1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25
(I believe that is a hit and a miss; haste prevents a second hit)
AFDs slam damage vs. Big Tim: 2D6+3 = [3, 2]+3 = 8
2D6 = [6, 5] = 11

Tellerian Hawke, roll a DC 17 Reflex save to prevent Tim from catching on fire. If the save fails, he takes 1d6 fire damage for 1D4 = [3] = 3 rounds, but he can put out the flames on his turn with a successful DC 17 Reflex save. The fire damage for this round: 1D6 = [5] = 5, if the fail saves.

End of Round Three and Beginning of Round Four

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The deaf-mute knight uses the fire demon's rage towards Tim to his advantage. He lashes out with two strong strikes from his bastard sword and the pseudo-natural creature roars in pain and then falls onto the floor of the room. The creature's flames burn out leaving large chunks of burning magma in front of Big Tim.

The creature's leftover remains confirms to Akos and Vinny that the creature wasn't summoned but brought from the Far Realm through a gate.

OOC: Deaf-Mute Knight - Full Attack vs. Alien Fire Demon: 1D20+16 = [1]+16 = 17 +2 (flanking) = 19
1D20+16 = [20]+16 = 36 + (flanking) = 28
1D20+11 = [20]+11 = 31 + (flanking) = 33
One miss and two hits. The creature is immune to critical hits, so the two 20s are just hits.

Deaf-Mute Knight - Damage vs. Alien Fire Demon: 1D10+8 = [7]+8 = 15
1D10+8 = [9]+8 = 17

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Lowenan tries his best to hurt the mimic, as he cannot free himself from the creature until it is dead. He tries to slam his fist into the aberration's pseudopod but the mimic is just too strong for him.

Custodio invokes a prayer to the Purifier and targets the mimic. A beam of radiance shoots down and outlines the aberration in a magical glow that makes it impossible for it to hide from those firing arrows at it.

The mimic tries to crush Lowenan again. The ex-commander tries in vain to keep the creature from crushing him, but the aberration wraps its other pseudopod around the man's upper torso and head and crushes the man. Lowenan grimaces in pain.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases