Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Having already made a show of faith of his own, it occurs to Tim that there might be a way to get the Mimic to do the same. Remembering that Lowenan had begun this fight using Magic Missile, he makes the following proposition:

Tim says, "Mimic, show your faith in this matter; release Lowenan, so that he can use his magicks to lay the foul Doppleganger low; then, I am certain no one would stop you from making a meal of this soulless abomination!"

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
"He is not who he seems lady. Yet another foul Doppleganger had infiltrated the ranks." He offers a hand if she wishes to stand.
Arnona takes the paladin's offer hand and pulls herself to her feet with Breva's help.

"One of the gnome's recruits," she says. "We should have seen through his disguise." She bends down to pick up her bow. She looks towards the remains of the fire demon. "You defeated it. I'm impressed."

The DMK moves around the altar and attacks the mimic before it can crush Lowenan again. His inability to hear makes him unwavering as the mimic begins to plead for its life again.

"Wait! No, tell him to stop! I surrender!"

The knight brings his blade down on the mimic and nearly cuts it in half. The creature's pseudopods go limp and Lowenan gasps in a breath.

"I'd say thank you to him if I could move my arms."

The DMK turns its blade towards the doppelganger and with an obvious but silent gesture, orders 'Charvin' to drop his weapon. The snarl on his face is meant for the shapechanger but his gesture seems to be meant for both 'Charvin' and Tim.

"I suggest you stop fighting doppelganger! Lowenan shouts hoarsely. "He will cut you to ribbons!"

The doppelganger is still reeling from Tim's blow, but he doesn't lower his blade. "I know he won't risk her life, and he will kill anyone who does! Love and rage are his weaknesses!"

Tim can see that the DMK's eyes are full of anger... and fear. The silent knight motions for Tim to back off.

Custodio moves towards Lowenan slowly and carefully. He sheathes his blade as he moves. "Once you are free, I will be arresting you," he says to the ex-commander. Then he turns to the doppelganger. "You cannot win. Surrender and maybe you might be able to avoid the noose if you can be useful in helping defeat Waldo and your gnome master."

"You really have no idea how many of us there are in this city, do you? Mani tried to tell you but you refused to listen to him."

"I remember that he lies as easily as breathing," Custodio says. "Drop you weapon or face a bloody death."

"I will kill her!" The doppelganger shouts.

"Which one are you? Melion? No... Romulus. Yes," Lowenan says as the doppelganger's form inadvertently shifts at the mention of its name. "I don't care what Musummaar offered you for this betrayal. Going against Phelix will cost your life. See reason Romulus. Dying here will do neither of us any good."

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Having already made a show of faith of his own, it occurs to Tim that there might be a way to get the Mimic to do the same. Remembering that Lowenan had begun this fight using Magic Missile, he makes the following proposition:

Tim says, "Mimic, show your faith in this matter; release Lowenan, so that he can use his magicks to lay the foul Doppleganger low; then, I am certain no one would stop you from making a meal of this soulless abomination!"
Tim watches helplessly as the DMK moves and kills the mimic. The man hear's no warning for him to stop and he cannot see Akos with his back to the Loremaster.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
@Aust Thale:
Falen had been ready to fire once again but the Deaf-Mute Knight's actions make the point moot.

Silagord points his wand at the creature he thought was Chavin. He wonder where the ex-guard could be. "What- what did you do with Chavin?" Silagord asks the doppelganger. "Is he dead?"

The doppelganger doesn't answer.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Loremaster sighs at the violence in the souls of those using weapons. Did they take weapons because they were that way before or did their training focus the violence so they react that way.

He enters the room until DMK can see him and signs carefully

"The circle is killing her. And you're enabling it. Breaking the circle might kill her, but we have healers here. Leaving her inside is death as if you killed her yourself."

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Tuck hesitates for a few moments as the negotiations seem to go nowhere. That doppelganger is not giving up.

The kobold decides not to wait anymore. He rapidly shoots his crossbow bolts at Romulus.

OOC: Don't know if Tuck is under magical effects such as Haste, but I want to make a full attack.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC: aw heck. I needed a feat to do what I wanted.

I will move Vinny to be Northwest of the doppelganger, near the dead mimic and stab the rather injured Not Charvin.

ScottDeWar,Jr: D20 + 8 → 23(15 + 8) dang, not a crit.
ScottDeWar,Jr: D6 + 3 → 5(2 + 3)[/ooc]
Vinny moves quickly under the effects of his spell and the dead mimic is only a slight hinderance... or more accurately, its sticky ichor on the floor causes Vinny to be careful moving past the dead aberration. The Sectarian Guard takes up a position opposite of Tim and stabs out at the doppelganger. His blade cuts a shallow wound into the shapechanger.

The DMK looks at Vinny with great anger in his eyes. The knight is furious that Vinny attacked so close to the magic circle. He tries again to get the adventurers to stop attacking by motioning for weapons to be put down.

OOC:
At the position you're having Vinny move to, he also gets a +2 for flanking. That turns your attack roll into a hit.

Tuck hesitates for a few moments as the negotiations seem to go nowhere. That doppelganger is not giving up.

The kobold decides not to wait anymore. He rapidly shoots his crossbow bolts at Romulus.
The first bolt sinks deep into Romulus's shoulder, but the doppelganger is able to get his shield up in time to deflect away the second bolt. The third bolt thumps into the dead mimic.

OOC:
I'm assuming you want Tuck to make his full attack using Rapid Shot. He's also close enough for Point Blank Shot to apply to his roll. He has to take a 5-ft. step to be able to fire at the doppelganger.

Tuck - Full Attack with Light Crossbow (Bless, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Reload, and Rapid Shot): 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25
1D20+13 = [10]+13 = 23
1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
(one hit and two misses)
Tuck - Damage to doppelganger: 1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The doppelganger glares at Tuck and it yells in defiance. "You will pay for your hubris! She will pay!" The doppelganger slashes out at the portal with his blade twice. The first strike seems to cut a huge hole in the portal but then the red energy between the portal and the magic circle pulses and the force of the blow is transferred to helpless genie.

Vinccenzo watches as a large wound opens up on the female outsider's chest. The wound doesn't bleed but it could be fatal to her. The Sectarian Guard notes that the genie also has other wounds on her that weren't visible to him from the other side of the room. One arm is bent at a odd angle and might be broken. Vinny can now tell that she is trapped by some sort of temporal force, which prevents her from speaking. She might not even be aware of her surroundings.

The doppelganger's second strike also cuts a hole in the portal but not as large. The energy flashes again and another wound appears on the genie. The energy holding open the portal begins to ebb and it looks to be unstable.

"She's dying!" Lowenan warns. The ex-commander looks towards the DMK with grave concern. "You must not let her die! He will kill us all if she dies!"

The DMK grits his teeth and glares at both Romulus and Vinccenzo.

OOC:
The genie is considered Helpless (Dex: 0) but has a +4 to her AC from having to attack her through the portal. Not-Charvin's attacks are considered sneak attacks.

Not-Charvin - Full Attack vs. helpless Genie (through the portal +4 AC): 1D20+20 = [18]+20 = 38
1D20+15 = [10]+15 = 25 (critical threat and hit)
Not-Charvin - Confirm Critical vs. Genie: 1D20+20 = [6]+20 = 26 (crit.)

Not-Charvin - Sneak Attack damage to Genie: 2D8+12+2D6 = [5, 2]+12+[2, 6] = 27
1D8+6+2D6 = [3]+6+[1, 3] = 13

The genie can also be healed through the portal but trying to do so is considered a touch attack. Her touch AC is 10.

Remove ads