Kulan: Knightfall's Crisis in Bluffside Game [IC]

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Tim growls, "Ahoy, foul vermin! Back to the chasm with ye!"
Tim charges into the closest monstrous spider and brings his sword around with a fluid motion. The blade slices deep into the creatures thorax. Greenish ichor is ripped from the wound and the creature makes a strange sound of pain that could be screaming. It then makes a sound like chittering combined with a hiss as it turns all its eyes towards the half-ogre knight.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Akos thinks about what he knows about the creatures. There were many spiders in the library, big ones, hairy ones, small ones, venomous, poisonous, jumping, weaving...all kinds. And he researched both them and the giant versions. But even for those, these are big.

Still, spider is a spider and they burn readily. Activating specific runes on his gloves he calls out aloud just in case there are witnesses.
"Titania, grant us your favor and burn these vermin!"
before unleashing stream of leaves laced with burning embers into one of the monsters.

Free: Nature check for knowedge devotion: 1D20+9+5 = [17]+9+5 = 31
NICE! +4 to hit and damage
Swift: Activate Gloves of eldritch admixture 1 charge (+2d6 fire damage)
Move: S-SW-SW-SW
Action:
Eldritch blast on the spider south of the one with Tim: 1D20+7+4 = [10]+7+4 = 21
3D6+4+2D6 = [1, 5, 6]+4+[2, 2] = 20
- touch attack for 16 force and 4 fire damage

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Taking a step to the side so he keeps a clear shot with his light crossbow at the closest spider despite Big Tim charging it, Tuck rapidly fires three bolts at the arachnid, and all three bolts hit the eyes as the try to focus on the half-ogre.

Convinced that enemy is out of the fight, Tuck grins and reloads his crossbow, looking turning to find a new target.

OOC: Rapid Shot adds another attack at highest BAB, but all attacks have -2. Additionally the -2 for shooting into melee:
1D20+13-2-2 = [18]+13-2-2 = 31
1D20+13-2-2 = [20]+13-2-2 = 33
1D20+8-2-2 = [20]+8-2-2 = 28

😲 Two crits! Do I need to confirm those?
Crit confirmation: 1D20+13-2-2 = [9]+13-2-2 = 22
1D20+8-2-2 = [5]+8-2-2 = 13

I think that's at least one confirmation. So once for double damage, and twice for normal damage:
1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7
1D6+1 = [6]+1 = 7
2D6+2 = [5, 5]+2 = 12

Man, my dice are on a roll! :D

Edit: I just saw firing in melee gives a -4, not a -2. I think that changes nothing to the outcome, however. :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Taking a step to the side so he keeps a clear shot with his light crossbow at the closest spider despite Big Tim charging it, Tuck rapidly fires three bolts at the arachnid, and all three bolts hit the eyes as the try to focus on the half-ogre.
The mounstrous vermin reels as the bolts penetrate into its eyes and thorax. It near three perfect shots and the creature shudders in pain and looks as if it might fall off the ledge into the chasm.

JustinCase said:
Convinced that enemy is out of the fight, Tuck grins and reloads his crossbow, looking turning to find a new target.
Tuck notices out of the corner of his eye that the spider doesn't die nor does it retreat right away. Instead it tries to bite Tim and its slavering fangs penetrates the big knight's armor and pumps poison into Tim's shoulder. The bite itself isn't very deep but the wound stings as the venom tries to overwhelm Tim's body.

The huge vermin holds its ground.

The other three huge spiders rush forward to attack but only the second spider that came out of the chasm is able to reach the Exemplars. It charges towards Sir Breva and tries to bite the knight's head off. Breva manages to avoid losing his head, but the spider's fang still dig into chest. The bite barely penetrates his armor but it is just enough to inject poison into the knight.

OOC:
Huge spider (vs. Tim) - Bite attack:
1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28 (hit?)
2D6+6 = [1, 2]+6 = 9
I'm fairly certain that hit's Tim's AC. @Tellerian Hawke, his standard AC is still 25, right? If so, then roll a DC 16 Fortitude saving throw vs. the spider's poison. If the save fails, Tim takes 1d8 Strength damage.

Huge spider (vs. Breva) - Bite attack:
1D20+9 = [16]+9 = 25+2 (charge) = 27 (hit)
2D6+6 = [1, 1]+6 = 8 (min. damage) :LOL:
(Spider's AC is two less due to charge.)

@Scotley, roll a DC 16 Fort save. And you get a +2 sacred bonus to the save from Custodio's spell.

Akos thinks about what he knows about the creatures. There were many spiders in the library, big ones, hairy ones, small ones, venomous, poisonous, jumping, weaving...all kinds. And he researched both them and the giant versions. But even for those, these are big.

Still, spider is a spider and they burn readily. Activating specific runes on his gloves he calls out aloud just in case there are witnesses.
"Titania, grant us your favor and burn these vermin!"
before unleashing stream of leaves laced with burning embers into one of the monsters.
While Akos is thinking about what he knows about such creatures, he nearly misses the huge spider moving forward to attack Sir Breva. The vermin are quick on their legs for such massive creatures. That doesn't save the vermin when the Loremaster's eldritch blast rips into the monstrous vermin's body. The fire-tinged stream of leaves cuts and burns the spider, and it lets out a banshee-like shriek.

OOC:
I'm going to assume you would have Akos only step back north 5 ft. away from the spider after it charges forward. Otherwise, there would be an AoO on Akos as he fires his blast. I'll post an updated battle map a bit later.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
The massive spider crawling up towards the top of the pillar, in the middle of the chasm, rushes to the top of the pillar and tries to jump the gap between the pillar and the chasm wall. It completely misjudges the distance and doesn't even come close to making the jump.

It doesn't seem to realize its mistake until it is falling away towards the bottom of the chasm. Its legs thrash out in vain as it falls.

OOC:
Gargantuan spider - Jump check (long) [DC 75]:
1D20+17 = [13]+17 = 30
(fails)

The gargantuan spider climbs up 20 feet and then tries to jumps 30 feet through the air towards the PCs. I didn't realize the DC was going to be 75 for the long jump! I completely misjudged how far away the pillar would have to be for the spider to make it. (Ah well, live and learn.) I would have had to have rolled a Natural 20. :rolleyes:

Scratch one gargantuan spider. 😑

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Breva manages to shrug off both the bite and the poison. He pulls his greatsword from his back the light of its magic barely visible in the sunlight and lays into the spider with powerful swings cutting deep into the creature and letting the ichor fly.
The monstrous vermin shrieks in pain as the paladin's blade slices through its flesh. The creature falls to the ground and shudders and its legs fold in on itself in death. Ichor stains the ground and Sir Breva's greatsword.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Vinny steps in between Akos and Custodio and quickly casts his go to spell: haste. The spell increases his and the other Exemplars reflexes and footspeed to tip the balance in their favor against the spiders.

OOC:
Akos, Big Tim, Breva, Custodio, Tuck, and Vinny all gain the benefits of haste. The character gets one extra attack at full BAB (plus modifiers) when making a full attack action. A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All characters also get a +30 ft. to all modes of movement.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Nathaniel's instincts kick in and he draws his impressive-looking longsword. "I'll try to cover you," he says as he steps forward to stand next to Akos. "Burn that one!" He points at the spider posed to charge towards the Exemplars around the Loremaster.

OOC:
Nathaniel takes a 5 ft. step and readies a standard action to attack any of the spiders that come within 5 ft. to attack himself or the Loremaster.

End of Round One

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Falen spins around, takes a step back towards Custodio, and fires his shortbow at the spider posed to charge him. The arrow easily finds its mark against the vermin creature but the damage isn't significant. Falen knows he needs some time to memorize some new spells if the Exemplars are going to be in this kind of danger all the time.

Custodio moves up the road to back up Tuck in case the other spider tries to charge the kobold urban ranger. "Reload. If it charges, I'll try to block it." He then prays to the Purifier once again and a blade of force energy that looks like the warhammer hanging on his belt suddenly appears next to the monstrous spider and attacks the vermin. The force hammer smashes down in the middle of creature's eyes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases